Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transferring between Necramech and Excalibur Umbra leads to broken states [Fix Pending]

mad_god360
Message added by [DE]Saske,

Hey Tenno! We will have a fix for this issue in a future Hotfix.

There seems to be a serious, game breaking bug that occurs if the player transfers directly from their Necramech into Excalibur Umbra rather than from Mech to Operator then to Umbra. You are unable to move. It seems like weapons can be fired and reloaded, but the movement is disabled. I think its related to the game trying to give control over Umbra back to the player from the AI, but failing due to some kind of interference from the Necramech coding.

Be Excalibur Umbra,

Transference into operator first, if you go straight from Umbra into Necramech Excalibur Umbra will instead act like any other warframe. Once you are in your operator summon the Necramech.

Umbra will move and shoot like he always does, but occasionally when you try to transfer out of the Necramech while umbra is standing next to you, you will instead transfer into Excalibur Umbra with multiple separate or occasionaly simultaneous game breaking effects. Here are some I have had happen to me.

1. The camera shifts rapidly between the Necramech and Umbra every other frame.

2. You and Umbra will control the Excalibur Umbra Warframe simultaneously. Although Umbra controls the movement, and he is stuck following a stationary Necramech. Both you and Umbra are able to shoot independantly of one another but only you appear to deplete ammo. Where you aim the gun does not seem to matter as the model will always prefer Umbra's movements/facing direction.

Regardless of which effect you get when this bug activates your abilities will all be disabled including your transference. The only thing you are able to do(if you aren't able to shoot) is exit the game at this point.

Second here, just had it happen. Sent a support ticket with -  #2299616 and my ee.log and some screenshots. 

My steps were:

1. Get into the toxin phase of the vault bounty (tier 1). Summon Necramech.

2. Go from Umbra, to operator, to mech.

3. Transference from mech to umbra bugged up.

I could look, crouch, shoot (but only where umbra was looking), equip/drop some gear items, swap between weapons, but umbra showing only primary. 

EDIT:

Just repeated the bug and found out that if you get damaged enough or misplaced while stuck in umbra, you get your controls back. The thing is, if you bring a high damage sniper, well, none come near enough.

I was using Umbra Excalibur and the Necramech in Orb Vallis, and was looking for a worthy threat. After marching from Fortuna to the Temple of Profit (through a roadway tunnel "cave/structure" along the way) I went into the elevator, and used transference to go back to my operator or frame and activate the elevator. Instead, transference put me into Umbra, unable to move, all abilities locked, able to use Gear items and crouch but nothing else. I had to exit back to Fortuna/Orbiter, as there was no way to proceed.

Steps to replicate:

1) Enter Fortuna with Umbra Excalibur and a Necramech, and enter the Necramech. Make sure Umbra is active and isn't on standby.

2) Navigate to the elevator for the Temple of Profit.

3) While the Necramech and Umbra are on the elevator, use Transference.

Result: Umbra Excal is now being controlled, but has no ability to move or use abilities.

Expected Result: Transference into the Operator or Umbra with no interruption to controls and gameplay.

This was first executed on 9/12/20.

When exiting the Necramech while playing Umbra and re-entering your Warframe there is a chance that you will not resume control over Umbra's actions and will not be able to enter Operator mode again or the Necramech. The frame remains AI controlled to some degree, you'll be locked in place while he stands there and attacks anything that comes into range.

Transferring directly between Umbra Excalibur and the Necramech results in control loss. 

If the player transfers from Umbra directly into the mech, it results in Umbra having no AI. Transferring to operator, then to the mech results in Excal having his AI properly, and all proceeds as normal. The inverse also applies; the player can swap into Umbra from operator. 

Control loss occurs when the player swaps from the mech directly into Excal. The player loses control of both the mech, and Umbra, and Umbra's AI is still active. 

Control as follows:
Umbra -> Operator -> Mech 

Mech -> Operator -> Umbra

Umbra -> Mech - No Umbra AI, Mech controllable

Mech -> Umbra - Umbra AI remains active, player has no control over either

I've tried this only with Umbra (the non-Umbra Warframes seem OK), but it seems if you transfer into your Necramech / out and Umbra Excalibur is either moving around or doing something, your Operator transfers into Umbra (from the mech), and then you remain inside Excalibur Umbra without being able to transfer back out, cannot move, and cannot attack.

Please for the love of god can the devs see this and fix it. I've had to abort so many missions due to being stuck inside umbra with the specter ai still controlling it. This is such a game-breaking bug and I've not even heard mention of this that the devs are working on a fix or even know about it, despite so many posts about this bug.

暗影圣剑在火星新平原任务中,指挥官进入虚空锐将殁世机甲中再次切出的时候,会大几率出现指挥官看不见,并且和暗影圣剑重叠,卡住不可以移动但是可以做动作使用携带的道具或者是弹三线琴开枪,但是你只能看见自主的暗影圣剑在攻击或者原地打转,无论如何都解除不了这个BUG,包括/unstuck,重现几率很大

Sorry,my english is not good , I use GOOGLE Translate, I will probably describe this bug,After the commander entered NECRAMECH,Come out again,There will be a high chance of an invisible commander,And overlap with the EXCULIBUR UMBRA,Can't move,Can change perspective,/unstuck is also useless.

When using a Necramech you have to avoid transferring into Operator mode near the AI Umbra Excalibur or you'll get stuck inside of Excalibur as an immobile invisible clone. /unstuck command, Summoning the archwing, hoverboard, another mech, attempting to transfer back into operator mode does not work and this bug forces you to abort mission.

There is a kinda big bug with it. If you activate Umbra Passive by doing transference, then summon Necramech\ start piloting Necramech, and then from the Necramech, transference straight to Umbra, you become stuck in Umbra and can't do anything. The only options become to hit ESC and end the mission.

P.S. If it is possible, please do not remove his passive while piloting Necramech because it is really fun having him walking around and helping. Thanks ;)

If you're in a necramech and press your operator key while standing near Excal Umbra, you jump into your frame but Umbra is still in autopilot mode (and invincible), leaving you unable to exit the warframe or activate other vehicles to escape, making you trapped and only able to abort mission/return to the town.

It seems to work fine if you go into operator form first, then return to the frame, but if you jump directly from the mech to the frame it bugs out.

As an aside, Umbra seems to have an issue hitting the infested centipede type monsters as they lay down and crawl around, seemingly targetting where thier chest would be as they are stood up.

20200927111652_1.jpg

Note the invincibility state in the top right.

Archived