Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is stupid.

NanoVega

Just now, VRHmason said:

Conservation being or not being in first open world doesn't make big difference in my point, smart ass.

But it does, because as you stated, it's worse than fishing and mining combined. Many of us don't like conservation, and consider that to be one of the bigger issues with Deimos.

By saying that you initially quit PoE because of mining, fishing and animal hunting you are in fact only saying that you quit over mining and fishing (bit petty), not over conservation since it didn't exist. Your problem is then with open worlds as a whole, and no amount of fixes to it will change that for you.

Let's face it. It's a little bit the players fault that they wan't everything within days.

Thinking about it the Helmith system might be something that we all really want but that's a system which let's you change abilities. Of course that won't be easy to get. And I'm actually surprised De didn't put it into rank 5.

And same for the necramech. It seems like a really powerfull weapon so of course you have to grind a lot for it.

12 minutes ago, DissentWomble said:

I think it does.

In what way? If conservation is even worse than those two things combined how does it change my point?

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

But it does, because as you stated, it's worse than fishing and mining combined. Many of us don't like conservation, and consider that to be one of the bigger issues with Deimos.

By saying that you initially quit PoE because of mining, fishing and animal hunting you are in fact only saying that you quit over mining and fishing (bit petty), not over conservation since it didn't exist. Your problem is then with open worlds as a whole, and no amount of fixes to it will change that for you.

It doesn't change... no matter how many "gotcha" posts over semantics you make it still doesn't change to my point.
Simple:
Fishing and mining made me stop playing WF, conversations is even worse which will also turn me away from WF. End of point.

Also where did you came to conclusion I have bigger issue with open world when my only issue is animals? Fish are animals too you know? Doesn't even matter how petty you think that is, I play WF because it's looter shooter not because I have to do animal hunt(yes fishing too). 

10 minutes ago, VRHmason said:

Fishing and mining made me stop playing WF, conversations is even worse which will also turn me away from WF. End of point.

Fishing and mining have been mandatory since Day 1 of open worlds, conservations is where people are now drawing the line. If you couldn't stomach mining and fishing in the first place then no amount of changes will fix anything for you.

10 minutes ago, VRHmason said:

Also where did you came to conclusion I have bigger issue with open world when my only issue is animals?

Your only issue is with animals? I thought mining and fishing made you quit?

Are rocks animals now?

bruh I sat for 3 hours doing solo bounties looking for scintillants (pre-hotfix) and I still had motivation to do more even though I already got Xaku components building. I hunted animals until I had all the birb tags required for rank 3 and now I only need 1 more tag for the emblem. Only thing keeping me from ranking up is my daily standing cap but that doesn't stop me from grinding stuff before it's required.

I really struggle to understand why people are so mad at DE and the game for the grind because in all honesty it isn't THAT bad. I would say trying to get a kavat is much more frustrating than this. The token system is actually pretty nice since it gives a reason to experience all activities (except the k-drive races) and makes the grind less monotonous. In my eyes all this negativity is uncalled for.

And this is why you never, EVER touch anything upon release which is more complicated than the 3 month rotation of new Prime gear. I've not even looked at any of the Deimos stuff yet. I don't intend to until 2021 at the very earliest. I know full well how terrible DE's major releases are and I like to think that this time, I have finally learned from years of past events.

The icing on the cake is that because I now have an unvisited node on the star chart, Teshin has finally shut the #*!% up about his WALKING THE STEEL PATH obsession.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Fishing and mining have been mandatory since Day 1 of open worlds, conservations is where people are now drawing the line. If you couldn't stomach mining and fishing in the first place then no amount of changes will fix anything for you.

Your only issue is with animals? I thought mining and fishing made you quit?

Are rocks animals now?

another "gotcha" post over semantics  "aRe rOcKs aNimaLs nOw?" comedy gold.

Fishing and mining being mandatory since day 1 doesn't change my initial point.
Fishing,mining and animal hunt being a problem doesn't mean I have problem with overall open worlds, I like bounties and I like bosses. And I can name several changes that will fix the issue I have without removing fishing, mining and conversations...

"Your only issue is with animals? I thought mining and fishing made you quit?"
Fish are also animals. Which also doesn't change my initial point.

Whats up with people with thousands of posts on this forum trying so hard to be right even when they are wrong.

You are just trying to strawman yourself in proving I'm somehow contradicting myself and fail each time.

None of the things you wrote changes my point. Absolutely none, you have proven nothing except that you are a forum tryhard.

Peace.

1 minute ago, VRHmason said:

comedy gold.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, VRHmason said:

Fishing,mining and animal hunt being a problem doesn't mean I have problem with overall open worlds

But it does. Mandatory mining and fishing made you quit PoE. Mandatory mining and fishing is present in all 3 open worlds. That means you have a problem with the open worlds as a whole, from a design standpoint, not just Deimos like many other people are expressing.

You initial point was "mining/fishing bad, made me quit, one day to fix it or I quit again" and I'm telling you that that isn't going to happen. Fishing and Mining have been mandatory since day 1, conservation hasn't. There's a chance we can get conservation returned to the optional activity it was, but it's unlikely we can get DE to upturn the entire design of open worlds and make mining/fishing completely optional as well.

Most importantly however, the reason I brought up that conservation was never a part of PoE and wasn't responsible for you quitting is that it makes your complaint look false to say as such. "Mining, fishing and conservation (conservation being the biggest problem here) made me quit PoE" looks like... well, a lie. Such a complaint is easily dismissed and ignored on those grounds.

I don't like conservation, I want it returned to the optional activity it was. But people declaring that they quit Warframe on PoE's release because of it doesn't help matters, it reduces the credibility of everyone else's complaints.

1 hour ago, VRHmason said:

It doesn't change... no matter how many "gotcha" posts over semantics you make it still doesn't change to my point.

You're arguing with people who live on this forum. They don't actually play the game.

Don't bother you can't beat them, well except by pointing and laughing.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

You just contradicted yourself. How can it not be a big difference when you state 2 seconds later that Conservation is even worse than fishing and mining combined? Surely then it absolutely is a big difference that it wasn't actually initially included in PoE, and that your post was false?

Consistency is a tool of the great enemy, how dare you call out muh double think REEEEEE

Yeah, i tested the "new" "open world" and there have been zero improvements. Why bother? DE just refuses to learn, or refuses to admit they make mistakes. Of course, even if they do admit mistakes they just do them all over again. Let's hope deimos is the last of this BS.

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

That's no excuse to nerf good farming methods, making buggy content and forcing players to do a gamemode they wish not to do, they can sit there and smoke it all up, but at some point players will bite back hard. Just like they did before.

You mean that necro mech farming? I can sorta agree with that.

And of course the hunting being a must is not the best thing either. Especially considering how many straight up hates the thing.

But I would say this release was the least buggy in a long time. I experienced some bugs but most of them were little inconveniences. And let's face it. When It's warframe, It's always buggy. Old content, new content. It always will be bugged.

And players trying to rush through content doesn't help the situation.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

DE just refuses to learn, or refuses to admit they make mistakes

That is not true. They admit if something is not right and they do try to fix it most of the times. 

Just lately they specificly said they realized they weren't transparent enough and they were willing to change how much hunting tags you need and so on. So if they #*!% up they do admit it and they did listened to players feedback so far.

46 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Thank you.

But it does. Mandatory mining and fishing made you quit PoE. Mandatory mining and fishing is present in all 3 open worlds. That means you have a problem with the open worlds as a whole, from a design standpoint, not just Deimos like many other people are expressing.

You initial point was "mining/fishing bad, made me quit, one day to fix it or I quit again" and I'm telling you that that isn't going to happen. Fishing and Mining have been mandatory since day 1, conservation hasn't. There's a chance we can get conservation returned to the optional activity it was, but it's unlikely we can get DE to upturn the entire design of open worlds and make mining/fishing completely optional as well.

Most importantly however, the reason I brought up that conservation was never a part of PoE and wasn't responsible for you quitting is that it makes your complaint look false to say as such. "Mining, fishing and conservation (conservation being the biggest problem here) made me quit PoE" looks like... well, a lie. Such a complaint is easily dismissed and ignored on those grounds.

I don't like conservation, I want it returned to the optional activity it was. But people declaring that they quit Warframe on PoE's release because of it doesn't help matters, it reduces the credibility of everyone else's complaints.

1. I regularly play both PoE and Fortuna, didn't fish nor mine...I play bosses, I play bounties. 

First off fishing and mining at this moment ISN'T mandatory in first two open worlds. You can get all the resources from Tusk Thumper or doing bounties as I did once I've returned to the game. Tusk thumper was introduced later on in game, after I've already quit.
So no, having issue with mining and fishing doesn't mean I have problem with open worlds as whole, just means I have problem with locking content behind it. 

2. PoE got released, came to PoE, found out I need fish and mine, tried it, quit game. Came back year later, saw they added animals, exit game. Didn't ever bother finding out for Tusk Thumpers and other added things.

Now I've came back couple of months ago,  grinded things without these minigames (mind you I just skipped farming some frames and content such as k-drive) and I do play and enjoy open world maps. That doesn't mean I cannot dislike type of grind to get there (keyword: type).
Hope that my timeline of installing and uninnstalling this game helps you understand better now.

And with all that being said...still didn't change my initial point.

3. People did quit WF on PoE's realease...a lot of my clan mates and friends never showed up in WF after that.

Reason? Content is being gated with minigames nobody likes or wants.

With Deimos announcement I've sent my friends a clip about ability transfers, all of them were hyped, all of them installed the game again...do you know  how many of them are in game  today? 0. I'm still gonna try progress today but if I have no luck, I'll just move on to another game as I don't want Warframe to be my second day job, I already have one day job.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

That is not true. They admit if something is not right and they do try to fix it most of the times. 

Just lately they specificly said they realized they weren't transparent enough and they were willing to change how much hunting tags you need and so on. So if they #*!% up they do admit it and they did listened to players feedback so far.

Still won't change that deimos is crap. I simply won't take any part in it. Hopefully they weren't dumb enough to make necramech a requirement to progress in future quests, like they thought it would be a good idea to do that with railjack(off). It still might happen, but then i can simply forget warframe exists. No skin off my back.

Also when they do that everytime, as in make the requirements 10x of what would be reasonable and then say that they need to change it, makes one wonder if they do it just to make people say "they listen!". Pfft.

7 minutes ago, VRHmason said:

1. I regularly play both PoE and Fortuna, didn't fish nor mine...I play bosses, I play bounties. 

First off fishing and mining at this moment ISN'T mandatory in first two open worlds. You can get all the resources from Tusk Thumper or doing bounties as I did once I've returned to the game. Tusk thumper was introduced later on in game, after I've already quit.
So no, having issue with mining and fishing doesn't mean I have problem with open worlds as whole, just means I have problem with locking content behind it. 

2. PoE got released, came to PoE, found out I need fish and mine, tried it, quit game. Came back year later, saw they added animals, exit game. Didn't ever bother finding out for Tusk Thumpers and other added things.

Now I've came back couple of months ago,  grinded things without these minigames (mind you I just skipped farming some frames and content such as k-drive) and I do play and enjoy open world maps. That doesn't mean I cannot dislike type of grind to get there (keyword: type).
Hope that my timeline of installing and uninnstalling this game helps you understand better now.

3. People did quit WF on PoE's realease...a lot of my clan and friends never showed up in WF after that.

Reason? Content is being gated with minigames nobody likes or wants.

With Deimos announcement I've sent my friends a clip about ability transfers, all of them were hyped, all of them installed the game again...do you know  how many of them are in game  today? 0. I'm still gonna try progress today but if I have no luck, I'll just move on to another game as I don't want Warframe to be my second day job, I already have one day job.

I had a friend, once he called me(after more than 10 years) because he wanted to go out... Ok after a while he started to blather weird stuff about being tired and he wanted something to "go high"...

He asked me to stop my car and i had to pay to  buy his "stuff" ... Ok , i left him there and goodbye...

18 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

You mean that necro mech farming? I can sorta agree with that.

And of course the hunting being a must is not the best thing either. Especially considering how many straight up hates the thing.

But I would say this release was the least buggy in a long time. I experienced some bugs but most of them were little inconveniences. And let's face it. When It's warframe, It's always buggy. Old content, new content. It always will be bugged.

And players trying to rush through content doesn't help the situation.

Ture enough, but they srly need to fix this, cuz this update will make or break WF and I am slowly leaning towards the break part.

9 minutes ago, VRHmason said:

You already can get fish and mining materials from killing enemies near some of those pillars dotted around the map, as well as iso vaults.

Conservation is the only one that remains a problem.

11 minutes ago, VRHmason said:

You keep saying that, but your initial point is falsely made. Mining and Fishing in Deimos are just as "mandatory" as they are in current PoE, not past PoE, and conservation never existed in PoE to begin with. The things that caused you to quit when PoE came around are no longer relevant.

20 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

No they don't, they have NEVER admitted defeat, if they turely did this, they whuold revert the Necro-Mech "nerf" and say "Sorry, we messed up, you where right, we where wrong, enjoy the update Tenno" Do they do that?, No, they do "this"

"Oh so sorry, we never "intended" this to happen, so sorry!" 

8 hours ago, NanoVega said:

I know they're just trying their hardest to sink their hooks and force me to play more. So I don't get why every second I play of this update makes me want to play less?

What is the point of Back Loading all these unlocks? Why are we sitting here working for days to unlock these things? What exactly are we going to do with them once we have them? Wouldn't it be better to let us even use some of this new stuff we're unlocking to unlock the other things we're unlocking? I've got a crippled dog. A useless shard of Seriglass that I can't actually use. And A whole Boat Load of salt... 

I know I'll seem like a whiny kid to so many. But I've loved this game for so long, why is this update making me hate it so much?

The reason they make it grindy, is to hide the fact that the amount of content here is minimal. They don't even make the grind enjoyable, that's why you wanna play less.

The devs NEED replacing for the good of the game...They're clueless

16 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You keep saying that, but your initial point is falsely made. Mining and Fishing in Deimos are just as "mandatory" as they are in current PoE, not past PoE, and conservation never existed in PoE to begin with. The things that caused you to quit when PoE came around are no longer relevant.

You having trouble understanding doesn't make my point falsely made.

2 hours ago, VRHmason said:

Simple:

4 minutes ago, VRHmason said:

You having trouble understanding doesn't make my point falsely made.

Ergh, fine. You talk about how fishing, mining and animal hunting made you quit when PoE was released. You hold DE over a barrel and say "if you don't fix this in one day, I'm quitting again". Your credible feedback is stellar and it's a delight to have you on our side trying to get Deimos conservation changed for the better.

I'm absolutely certain that your post won't be immediately ignored on the grounds of being factually questionable.

Spoiler

/s

Archived