Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is stupid.

NanoVega

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Ergh, fine. You talk about how fishing, mining and animal hunting made you quit when PoE was released. You hold DE over a barrel and say "if you don't fix this in one day, I'm quitting again". Your credible feedback is stellar and it's a delight to have you on our side trying to get Deimos conservation changed for the better.

I'm absolutely certain that your post won't be immediately ignored on the grounds of being factually questionable.

Reveal hidden contents

/s

49 minutes ago, VRHmason said:

2. PoE got released, came to PoE, found out I need fish and mine, tried it, quit game. Came back year later, saw they added animals, exit game. Didn't ever bother finding out for Tusk Thumpers and other added things.

9 hours ago, NanoVega said:

Done with this update for a while. They fix 1 side of a thing and seem to think its good. But every face of this garbage dodecahedron of an update has some crap on it or other. 

Conservation was stupid to be done with. I play warframe to use cool biomechanoid suits and use interesting and diverse weapons. So Its a great idea to require you to disable 95% of that for hours at a time to use instead a stupid, Semi Auto, Projectile Based, 3 shot magazine tranq rifle.

I walk in, all I ask is new guns. Y'know? That's all, you're putting out an update, the visuals are pretty, awesome. But all I'd come back to this game for, is new and interesting ways to splatter simple enemies on variously different colored walls. What do I get instead? What do we get instead?

A revolving door of pies, each filled with cream and mixed with Fart Spray. You get to walk 3 steps forward once a day, and get to have 3 more pies smacked into your face, chest, or groin. 

Who knows which one will hit you? Will it be buggy NPCs phazing into terrain? Forcing you to fail a S#&$ty Steel Series bounty you spent the last hour finishing? 

Or will it be the horrible token system, which exchanges you actually using materials you have to go out and farm to instead have you buy a new set of 6 different currencies using the other differently colored currencies that you collect in the "Open world". Did I forget to mention that you get to use this second tier of currency to buy a mother friggin third tier of currency? Which you have to spend to buy a 4th form of currency, which finally lets you go to your foundry and build the 4 new weapons you want? Ain't that fun? Aren't you HAPPY?!?

Maybe instead you'll lean into just getting one neat thing? A new companion to help you on missions in different and interesting ways? You really like this companion, you level it up and take it to Gild it... Only... NOW. You need the 4th unlocked rank of Associate in order to actually use this one thing you worked to unlock. Guess what? If you have lower than MR 28. YOU don't get that for 2 more days you stupid jerk! HAH! 

I know they're just trying their hardest to sink their hooks and force me to play more. So I don't get why every second I play of this update makes me want to play less?

What is the point of Back Loading all these unlocks? Why are we sitting here working for days to unlock these things? What exactly are we going to do with them once we have them? Wouldn't it be better to let us even use some of this new stuff we're unlocking to unlock the other things we're unlocking? I've got a crippled dog. A useless shard of Seriglass that I can't actually use. And A whole Boat Load of salt... 

I know I'll seem like a whiny kid to so many. But I've loved this game for so long, why is this update making me hate it so much?unknown.pngunknown.png?width=1194&height=671

I think I'm just... Done... Gonna go grind Maplestory or WoW or something... They don't make me want to uninstall them...

I hate conservation sooooo much. 

Id rather grind 2 hours a day for the next 2 months to get the helminth segment than do conssrvation ever again.

The salt in this thread is hilarious. The only thing making this update worse than previous open worlds is the mandatory conservation. Some of y’all act like you’d rather eat paint than do a few animal captures, but whatever, I can at least kind of agree on that.

Everything else though? I just do not get it. Warframe is a grind fest, always has been and always will be. Some gamers love grindy games and some do not, and it you don’t then this just ain’t the game for you.

DE is still a tiny studio. Just because their game is big and looks AAA doesn’t suddenly make them a massive studio. They have to balance this S#&$ around 40+ different warframes. The whole game is a balancing nightmare and personally I think they do a pretty okay job considering their circumstances.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out lol.

Don't let the fact that he is right get in the way of you tossing out a 1950's "zinger" from your grandpa's stash.  

Not to be any more mean to you than you were to him but the point is, he's obviously a guy that truly cares about the game and just wanted to vent and it's VERY obvious that he's not alone if you look at these forums this week.

And you know what, they work because we have already got 4-6 hotfixed which tells you A LOT.

All in all, just be excellent to other people, man.  Support a guy when he needs a minute and recognize that people like him ARE getting issues looked at and addressed.  

7 hours ago, Savaris said:

They've fixed quite literally 90% of the bugs you mentioned. I don't understand why you are complaining about low MRs receiving helminth 2 days later than the rest of the higher MRs. You know the players that worked their asses off to obtain and level weapons and frames to get to that point? It's amazing how DE literally doubled the daily standing for low ranking players and you still think they should have the ability to reap the same rewards as vets for little to no work. Every expansion isn't meant to be rushed through. Take your time progressing through it, its not going anywhere.

In regards to the token system, sure its annoying however its been nerfed.

But the point is that the percentage not fixed holds EVERY thing up so they may as well not touched any of it in that regard.  And the shame is they easily could have.  They know the common bird is bigger and they could have swapped that requirement out until fixed. But not only did they NOT...they have the common bird lure cost at 2000 while the rest are 150-500.  That tells us something.  Something not good.

I agree with you on the MR ranking stuff.  Personally, I think they should have left entry at MR15 if they were going to have this be for more towards late game and they didn't have to bump daily standing at all.  They obviously pander to get numbers in the door and get stats showing people play a lot, hence the drawn out approach..but it ultimately backfires.  They get the numbers for a week and then it goes dead instead of having steady play for years in the area.   

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Glitschig said:

Don't let the fact that he is right get in the way of you tossing out a 1950's "zinger" from your grandpa's stash.  

Not to be any more mean to you than you were to him but the point is, he's obviously a guy that truly cares about the game and just wanted to vent and it's VERY obvious that he's not alone if you look at these forums this week.

And you know what, they work because we have already got 4-6 hotfixed which tells you A LOT.

All in all, just be excellent to other people, man.  Support a guy when he needs a minute and recognize that people like him ARE getting issues looked at and addressed.  

While I agree that constructive criticism is crucial and it’s great that it’s resulted in some hot fixes, you can do it without having a temper tantrum which is how the OP reads to me.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

This is a pretty dumb point, why would Tencent want to buy the game if they thought it was dying?

Because they have the money to market it, they can force a change in direction (which they rightly or wrongly believe will increase profitability)

And last but not least they have further agenda than simple profitability.

But that's all pretty obvious if you're not braindead

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

DE is still a tiny studio.

They have 200 employees. By the standard of game studios they are huge. What most of those people are doing... Now that's a whole different question.

They have to balance this S#&$ around 40+ different warframes.

Well they really don't (and it shows) since the game isn't about balance but about making the player feel powerful.

The whole game is a balancing nightmare and personally I think they do a pretty okay job considering their circumstances.

That's why there is no real competitive element in the game. Everything is easy and everything is dumbed down.

3 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Let's face it. It's a little bit the players fault that they wan't everything within days.

Thinking about it the Helmith system might be something that we all really want but that's a system which let's you change abilities. Of course that won't be easy to get. And I'm actually surprised De didn't put it into rank 5.

And same for the necramech. It seems like a really powerfull weapon so of course you have to grind a lot for it.

I agree with you but it's a shared responsibility.  DE shouldn't use Tennocon to hype this up and offer something without mentioning one word about the layers and layers of delay in getting it.  To be fair, they should have said "hers an awesome thing but this update is about a long, working experience". They said it was for veteran content but then they back-pedaled but they consistently presented this as something that would be there as the headliner of this update.  Cal, it what we want, you poll 100 people about the anticipation of this update and 90 will tell you they came for the Helminth.  We saw it leading up to the release on the forum.  Many, many threads were discussing the powers, how many frames we had farmed in prep, etc.  We didn't see any threads about "conservation techniques"....because DE left that out...because ehad they told us, it would have never left the production floor.  

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

While I agree that constructive criticism is crucial and it’s great that it’s resulted in some hot fixes, you can do it without having a temper tantrum which is how the OP reads to me.

I did use the word "venting" in my post.  I think if we are honest with ourselves we can all find times when we react very disportionately to the issue itself.  Its usually fueled by emotion or strong desire.  That's all.  You ever seen a guy get upset because his internet went out while playing?  Was it tragic in any way?  Of course not.  But in the moment, you cared and that's all this is.  

And like mentioned, he is right. And lots of people are posting on things and getting things looked at so I'm just asking that we cut some slack because we ALL might just benefit from it.  

1 minute ago, Alucard291 said:

Because they have the money to market it, they can force a change in direction (which they rightly or wrongly believe will increase profitability)

Yes, because clearly they think it’s a game worth marketing and a game that’s worth their investment. For all the doom and gloom talk about Warframe most people don’t realize the game is still quite profitable.

And last but not least they have further agenda than simple profitability.

But that's all pretty obvious if you're not braindead

What would be their “further agenda” then? If the game isn’t profitable it dies. They can’t do S#&$ with it if it isn’t profitable, but that’s pretty obvious if you’re not braindead. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Yes, because clearly they think it’s a game worth marketing and a game that’s worth their investment. For all the doom and gloom talk about Warframe most people don’t realize the game is still quite profitable.

What would be their “further agenda” then? If the game isn’t profitable it dies. They can’t do S#&$ with it if it isn’t profitable, but that’s pretty obvious if you’re not braindead. 

Oh sweetie, you may want to read up on Tencent, how they operate and why they do the things they do.

Until then, ciao ciao.

Oh and through most of 2019 and all of 2020 (so far) the game has been lossmaking, which is precisely why Leyou is selling it off.

On a further related note: The steam charts also spell a certain amount of doom for the whole endeavour. Did you perchance wonder why they are releasing content (new content!) at such breakneck speed? While working mostly from home? It can't be easy for sure and I remember Rebecca mention that this pace isn't sustainable in the slightest. Its desperation and it shows.

Oh sweetie, you may want to read up on Tencent, how they operate and why they do the things they do.

Until then, ciao ciao.

Oh and throughout 2019 and 2020 (so far) the game has been lossmaking, which is precisely why Leyou is selling it off.

You have no idea what you are talking about so you probably should try a less patronizing tone. 

Not making as much profit as a past year does not mean you didn't still make a tidy profit and is only seen as a loss to an investor who didn't meet their financial projections. You clearly don't understand how business or investing works. You also might note that they don't cite Scarlet Spear or Empyrean or the other stuff people think they have some proof ruined DE... they cite the pandemic making it hard for video game companies to produce new content. Something literally ALL video game companies are dealing with right now. In other words, you don't even understand how this works to begin with. Leyou is selling off Video Game investments because they feel a video game studio that uses a lot of cinematics and can't access it's studio isn't a great invstment because of the pandemic. Sorry, it isn't because of your fantasy about railjack or what have you. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

Still won't change that deimos is crap. I simply won't take any part in it. Hopefully they weren't dumb enough to make necramech a requirement to progress in future quests, like they thought it would be a good idea to do that with railjack(off). It still might happen, but then i can simply forget warframe exists. No skin off my back.

Also when they do that everytime, as in make the requirements 10x of what would be reasonable and then say that they need to change it, makes one wonder if they do it just to make people say "they listen!". Pfft.

I don't think they can afford to make things like necramech requirements for future progression because we have clearly seen lately that their success in new content depends highly on new players.  Railjack and Deimos both were originally advertised as content for the vets but they back-pedaled on both and in railjack they actually listed it in the explanation that they needed more players in their seats playing-something you can't do with new content as a new player if it requires you to have been here a while.  

If they do this with things, they are painting themselves into a corner.  

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You have no idea what you are talking about so you probably should try a less patronizing tone. 

Not making as much profit as a past year does not mean you didn't still make a tidy profit and is only seen as a loss to an investor who didn't meet their financial projections. You clearly don't understand how business or investing works. You also might note that they don't cite Scarlet Spear or Empyrean or the other stuff people think they have some proof ruined DE... they cite the pandemic making it hard for video game companies to produce new content. Something literally ALL video game companies are dealing with right now. In other words, you don't even understand how this works to begin with. Leyou is selling off Video Game investments because they feel a video game studio that uses a lot of cinematics and can't access it's studio isn't a great invstment because of the pandemic. Sorry, it isn't because of your fantasy about railjack or what have you. 

Shhhhhh we had this conversation and you were embarassed once already.

Go back to your cave.

Of course they cite pandemic. Its the current excuse for every industry in the whole world. Just like in 2016 it was brexit for us here (anything bad that happens? 's Brexit mate).

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Thanks brother you saved me a lot of typing!

1 hour ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

This is a pretty dumb point, why would Tencent want to buy the game if they thought it was dying?

It's actually a fairly common business endeavor that is indicative of a product that has entered into the final stages of it's anticipated life cycle and usefulness.  Sometimes they seller or buyer is wrong and benefit or lose but it happens.

It's like frontier buying all those old Verizon tech towers.  They thought there was money to be raked in.  Verizon thought it was at the end.  Verizon is still on top.  Frontier filed bankruptcy in March or April.  These things happen.  

Just now, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Says the guy who literally doesn’t even have a point to make. Yikes.

We literally had this conversation with him. Back then he deflected that he's only here for a laugh. Now he's claiming some new nonsense. So yeah, I'm going to do the only thing you do with forum warriors - point and laugh.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Glitschig said:

It's actually a fairly common business endeavor that is indicative of a product that has entered into the final stages of it's anticipated life cycle and usefulness.  Sometimes they seller or buyer is wrong and benefit or lose but it happens.

It's like frontier buying all those old Verizon tech towers.  They thought there was money to be raked in.  Verizon thought it was at the end.  Verizon is still on top.  Frontier filed bankruptcy in March or April.  These things happen.  

Throw in the fact that Tencent has governmental backing and the target is data collection rather than straight up profit and it all starts making even more sense.

2 minutes ago, Alucard291 said:

Throw in the fact that Tencent has governmental backing and the target is data collection rather than straight up profit and it all starts making even more sense.

You just keep proving that you don’t know what you’re talking about. DE is still a Canadian company, so you might want to do some reading yourself about Canadian laws on data collection.

Just now, Alucard291 said:

You hit the nail on the head, friend.  

What these guys aren't seeing in these last few posts is that it is very transparent that the way the game is being set up now is CLEARLY designed to generate statistics that make it look as if there is a TON of playtime being invested other game by players.  There IS but it's for the wrong reasons and at the players expense. 

These big numbers are then used by DE to show potential buyer/investor "look, see how strong we are..everyone is playing all the time", hoping a savvy potential buyer won't see WHY we are all playing more than we would.  

Then you take things that look small, like not fixing a bug (the achviea bird) that directly drives up playing time AND compels people to buy resources boosters and to someone who doesn't know how to critically think in a business setting, it looks like "see?  People are playing in Mass numbers AND spending money.  You want to buy this, right?"

This is designed.  There is no doubt about it. I see it in my industry all the time.  To me, it's as clear as walking into a McDonald's and knowing they have fries on the menu. 

Just now, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

You just keep proving that you don’t know what you’re talking about. DE is still a Canadian company, so you might want to do some reading yourself about Canadian laws on data collection.

That is for consumer protection and end user clients, not business transactions between corporations or international currency exchange.  

Archived