Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is stupid.

NanoVega

space ninjas shooting hordes of bad guys, thats what a lot of ppl want, have only ever wanted, but we are forced to do boring and dull things like fishing, mining, conservation, etc.  they literally could please both sides of the like/dont like camp but as always double down on 1 side because dumb reasons.  3 open worlds in and nothing has changed, they have literally learned nothing and default to copy/pasting 1 open world set of mechanics to all the rest, its all the same rubbish, renamed with a face lift, zero variety or attempt to make something different or cater to both sides of their audiences.

With a choice of being forced to mine/fish/etc, yeah many would/will cave in, personally this time round i'll take the "F*** it all, ill go back to hydron" choice.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Fam I have a finance degree, I do not need you to teach me about business.

Friend, finance degrees allow you to analyze data and make choices on the data at hand but unless you work in a business and, usually, corporate setting, it doesn't necessarily mean much.  You need to know how to interpret all sides.  

By the way, I have an MBA in business,  a CPA, a forensic accounting masters, part of my two year masters in international tax included a minor in finance as well as statistics which includes an entire year of how to lie with statistics and interpret them.  The company I've worked with most buys and sells, invests and divest companies, provides startup and sunset services.  

We aren't going to argue about what we know or don't here to try to pee on each other's shoes but you given your degree, you should know this already. 

I'm just here to all about the bugs not getting fixed. 

1 minute ago, Psianide73 said:

You know what I do if a game isn't enjoyable to me? I don't play it.

Short, clear, well said.  If we don't like it, we don't play.  Disappointing short term but sends the message sand hurts the game maker more than it hurts us.  There are other fun games to play.  If I want to hunt all day, I can play RDR2 or...actually go hunt . 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Glitschig said:

Friend, finance degrees allow you to analyze data and make choices on the data at hand but unless you work in a business and, usually, corporate setting, it doesn't necessarily mean much.  You need to know how to interpret all sides.  

By the way, I have an MBA in business,  a CPA, a forensic accounting masters, part of my two year masters in international tax included a minor in finance as well as statistics which includes an entire year of how to lie with statistics and interpret them.  The company I've worked with most buys and sells, invests and divest companies, provides startup and sunset services.  

We aren't going to argue about what we know or don't here to try to pee on each other's shoes but you given your degree, you should know this already. 

You're a much kinder individual than I am. I would have just laughed at his Bsc.

And yes, you're spot on. We all have either experience or degrees (or both) here.I have my own degrees but boy was I in for a shock when I actually left edumcation and entered the biz. 

You also make a wonderful point above. The whole recent process looks like a bloat up of figures. The breakneck content releases (shallow as they are), the non stop streams the non stop hype building. Also note how the deal (as per bloomberg) is due to complete around a week from now and note how there isn't actually anything promised in the near future. Could be deimos is supposed to take more than a week to clear (yeah right) or could be that they don't really care after the sale. I suspect quite a number of the employees will take the not quite the voluntary retirement route, I know I would also have serious qualms about being employed by CCP (but then we're in a global pandemic and job crunch so maybe not)

Need to make the figures look as they were promised in the agreement and they aren't holding up in any other way...

8 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

You know what I do if a game isn't enjoyable to me? I don't play it.

And hence we have the average player count spiralling the drain.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Maybe.

Look jokes aside, we may disagree and all that, but I do sincerely wish you a wonderful day 🙂

8 hours ago, Yakhul said:

So by now, i think im part of the few who are just completely fine, as in,

- We are not rushing things up.
- We are taking it step by step instead of wanting everything done in a single day
- Patience is a virtue.
- We just playing for the sake of playing and have some fun, instead of breaking our heads wanting to be the most efficient.

I think it's not too bad. Sure there are some bugs, but really only with conversation, and even then i was able to get enough to continue so idk. Take a break is a good idea for people instead of raging incessantly

8 hours ago, (PS4)caoshen0625 said:

Call anger management help group lol...

Why? I am not enraged. I'm just bitter. It's a cold, dead hate. For Something I seriously loved for a long time. I'm more depressed than angered tbh.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out lol.

Perfectly encompasses a Console player's mindset.

8 hours ago, Savaris said:

They've fixed quite literally 90% of the bugs you mentioned. I don't understand why you are complaining about low MRs receiving helminth 2 days later than the rest of the higher MRs. You know the players that worked their asses off to obtain and level weapons and frames to get to that point? It's amazing how DE literally doubled the daily standing for low ranking players and you still think they should have the ability to reap the same rewards as vets for little to no work. Every expansion isn't meant to be rushed through. Take your time progressing through it, its not going anywhere.

In regards to the token system, sure its annoying however its been nerfed.

They have tried to fix the bugs, one by one, as people smack into them. This neither makes me feel better, as I have already been at their mercy. And does not indicate that going forward there won't be even more so bugs going forward. 

I am MR 26. I am 2  K standing away from ranking up. That is why the system is stupid. I wait an extra two days for #*!%ing bullS#&$ because I bought the blueprints to build a S#&$ty dog I can't actually use without ranking up. So no... I don't want to reap rewards for no work. And Yes, I am a Vet.

8 hours ago, Yakhul said:

So by now, i think im part of the few who are just completely fine, as in,

- We are not rushing things up.
- We are taking it step by step instead of wanting everything done in a single day
- Patience is a virtue.
- We just playing for the sake of playing and have some fun, instead of breaking our heads wanting to be the most efficient.

Great. You're eventually going to unlock all the things on Deimos. And have no more stuff to do in the entire game. You can only use Necramechs on Open Worlds. And you've probably already completed PoE and Fortuna if you're on Deimos. The new warframe is pathetic. "Patience is a virtue" crap is Blue Pill brainwashing, you need assertiveness and aggressiveness in most circumstances to even function as a human being. The "Playing" for the sake of "Fun" is what has sapped my will to unlock anything. So your view of my point is fundamentally flawed. I don't even want the stuff any more, because it feels like such bs to achieve it.

3 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Let's face it. It's a little bit the players fault that they wan't everything within days.

Thinking about it the Helmith system might be something that we all really want but that's a system which let's you change abilities. Of course that won't be easy to get. And I'm actually surprised De didn't put it into rank 5.

And same for the necramech. It seems like a really powerfull weapon so of course you have to grind a lot for it.

I don't want anything now. That is the problem. And it's incredibly easy to get. You just have to wait a full week and do nothing but try to unlock it to get it.

3 hours ago, Salt_KuHa said:

bruh I sat for 3 hours doing solo bounties looking for scintillants (pre-hotfix) and I still had motivation to do more even though I already got Xaku components building. I hunted animals until I had all the birb tags required for rank 3 and now I only need 1 more tag for the emblem. Only thing keeping me from ranking up is my daily standing cap but that doesn't stop me from grinding stuff before it's required.

I really struggle to understand why people are so mad at DE and the game for the grind because in all honesty it isn't THAT bad. I would say trying to get a kavat is much more frustrating than this. The token system is actually pretty nice since it gives a reason to experience all activities (except the k-drive races) and makes the grind less monotonous. In my eyes all this negativity is uncalled for.

You've gotten Xaku blueprints from doing hours of bounties. You're already better off than me, I've been doing days of bounties and don't have a single piece. So sit down, and realize not all players may be as fortunate at the mercy of the drop tables as you. 

Second, I've found 9 birds. 8 glitched off the map when I tranqed them. I am incredibly tired of searching them out.

Daily standing cap reduces the game to a "nOw yOu gEt tO wAiT" simulator.

I'm not mad at DE. I'm not mad at the "grind". I achieved Kavats far more easily. The token system only serves to give us extra materials to look at. I'm fine with monotone grind. I'm not fine with being forced to conserve as hard as I can for 3 days and then see the entire system trivialized. And I'm sorry. But my feelings don't care how little you think the negativity is uncalled for.

It feels like crap. My motivation to play a game I've adored for almost a decade is sapped to the point of death. I will log on. Get stupid tokens. Turn in stupid tokens for standing. And log off. Until all the standing is full. Its not skilled. Its not interesting. It doesn't make me feel like batman. 

It's just... Dead.

il y a une heure, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face a dit :

DE is still a tiny studio. Just because their game is big and looks AAA doesn’t suddenly make them a massive studio.

Stop saying sh.it, even in youtube you can find an interview where the guy ask Rebecca if they're a small studio yet, and Rebs answer where : no, where aren't anymore we're considered 3.50...

9 minutes ago, NanoVega said:

I am MR 26. I am 2  K standing away from ranking up. That is why the system is stupid. I wait an extra two days for #*!%ing bullS#&$ because I bought the blueprints to build a S#&$ty dog I can't actually use without ranking up. So no... I don't want to reap rewards for no work. And Yes, I am a Vet.

This is a you problem though. So you wait an extra day? Big whoop?

38 minutes ago, Tonin4ABonin said:

This is a you problem though. So you wait an extra day? Big whoop?

An extra day full of buggy, ridiculous S#&$. And I'm also not allowed to spend my rep on anything from weapons to companions or I'll set myself back even further and further. So yea, kinda disheartening.

44 minutes ago, Alucard291 said:

You also make a wonderful point above. The whole recent process looks like a bloat up of figures. The breakneck content releases (shallow as they are), the non stop streams the non stop hype building.

I would be a lot more inclined to agree with you if Tennocon hadn’t just happened. They ALWAYS release something big after Tennocon, and their player numbers always go way up after a big update. The devs also always stream frequently and always hype up their updates. If anything, Deimos was hyped LESS than previous updates. I’m sure they want the numbers to look good but none of this behavior is out of the norm for DE.

Also note how the deal (as per bloomberg) is due to complete around a week from now and note how there isn't actually anything promised in the near future.

You could’ve said the exact same thing after Deadlock Protocol released. We had no idea Deimos was in the works just like we have no idea what their next project is.

Could be deimos is supposed to take more than a week to clear (yeah right) or could be that they don't really care after the sale.

Why would they not care? I’m just not following this logic.

Need to make the figures look as they were promised in the agreement and they aren't holding up in any other way...

When they entered talks with Tencent their average player count on Steam was around 50k. Potential investors have access to this data, they can’t just fool them with a big update and say “look, player numbers big!”. If you and I aren’t fooled by that how do you think they’re supposed to fool their investors? 

The reality is that Warframe is still a profitable game, and it’s a game that has never reached its full potential. So it is incredibly likely that potential investors see this huge untapped potential as an exciting opportunity for them to invest in.

Look jokes aside, we may disagree and all that, but I do sincerely wish you a wonderful day 🙂

You as well, I tried to keep this response more civil than my previous responses which I am not proud of.

2 minutes ago, NanoVega said:

An extra day full of buggy, ridiculous S#&$. And I'm also not allowed to spend my rep on anything from weapons to companions or I'll set myself back even further and further. So yea, kinda disheartening.

and? That's your personal preference. Outside avicheas being weird its not that bad. I have ~60 son tokens and over 150 of each other token, it's not that bad.

1 hour ago, Anterak said:

Stop saying sh.it, even in youtube you can find an interview where the guy ask Rebecca if they're a small studio yet, and Rebs answer where : no, where aren't anymore we're considered 3.50...

I’m talking about DE compared to AAA developers. DE has less than 300 employees. That is TINY when compared to AAA game developers.

By comparison, CD Projekt Red has over 1,000 employees, Activison/Blizzard have over 9,000, Square Enix, EA, Capcom, etc all have THOUSANDS of employees. The point is, in comparison with AAA studios, DE is tiny. That’s just a fact.

Stop saying sh.it.

Oh no, did someone dare to criticize the game? Here comes all the S#&$ fanboys who instantly shoot down anything negative being said about the game because only positive comments are valid feedbacks. Gotta protect their favorite indie development team.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I would be a lot more inclined to agree with you if Tennocon hadn’t just happened. They ALWAYS release something big after Tennocon, and their player numbers always go way up after a big update. The devs also always stream frequently and always hype up their updates. If anything, Deimos was hyped LESS than previous updates. I’m sure they want the numbers to look good but none of this behavior is out of the norm for DE.

You could’ve said the exact same thing after Deadlock Protocol released. We had no idea Deimos was in the works just like we have no idea what their next project is.

Why would they not care? I’m just not following this logic.

When they entered talks with Tencent their average player count on Steam was around 50k. Potential investors have access to this data, they can’t just fool them with a big update and say “look, player numbers big!”. If you and I aren’t fooled by that how do you think they’re supposed to fool their investors? 

The reality is that Warframe is still a profitable game, and it’s a game that has never reached its full potential. So it is incredibly likely that potential investors see this huge untapped potential as an exciting opportunity for them to invest in.

You as well, I tried to keep this response more civil than my previous responses which I am not proud of.

A few fair points of course. I certainly made a few (more than generous) reaches in my logic. And we can definitely disagree on some of the detail for sure. (For example if I knew I'm about to become employed by the Chinese Communist Party... I'd be considering my future a lot more than normally and thus my care about... well the company's future would be... diminished if you catch my drift)

However two points I would like to dispute.

1) Consider what would have happened if they weren't releasing content at the breakneck speed. Their average steam player count has been consistently under 50k and barely managed 55k with tennocon AND deimos recently. Where would it be without these? 20k? 15? Because I can actually see that given the data trend.

2) Given how small this purchase is on the scale of tencent (no idea if you ever worked in M&A but boy does this happen a lot)... this would fly under the radar SO SO easily.

As for potential, sure. Lots of potential. But for it to be realised a lot needs to change in DE. Most of the management for starters.

Just now, Psianide73 said:

That I did... A 15675 rise in the last 30 days.

Do you have a different source that corroborates your claim?

Yes. When you make any kind of analysis you discount statistical blips such as major events.

But even with that blip Last 30 days (essentially august 2020) is barely over august 2019 (by 2k atm) and is 13k under August 2018. 

Shall we also compare July 2020 with July 2019 and July 2018? 🙂

I mean all of that is obvious when you actually argue in good faith...

1 hour ago, NanoVega said:

Why? I am not enraged. I'm just bitter. It's a cold, dead hate. For Something I seriously loved for a long time. I'm more depressed than angered tbh.

Perfectly encompasses a Console player's mindset.

They have tried to fix the bugs, one by one, as people smack into them. This neither makes me feel better, as I have already been at their mercy. And does not indicate that going forward there won't be even more so bugs going forward. 

Great. You're eventually going to unlock all the things on Deimos. And have no more stuff to do in the entire game. You can only use Necramechs on Open Worlds. And you've probably already completed PoE and Fortuna if you're on Deimos. The new warframe is pathetic. "Patience is a virtue" crap is Blue Pill brainwashing, you need assertiveness and aggressiveness in most circumstances to even function as a human being. The "Playing" for the sake of "Fun" is what has sapped my will to unlock anything. So your view of my point is fundamentally flawed. I don't even want the stuff any more, because it feels like such bs to achieve it.

I don't want anything now. That is the problem. And it's incredibly easy to get. You just have to wait a full week and do nothing but try to unlock it to get it.

You've gotten Xaku blueprints from doing hours of bounties. You're already better off than me, I've been doing days of bounties and don't have a single piece. So sit down, and realize not all players may be as fortunate at the mercy of the drop tables as you. 

Second, I've found 9 birds. 8 glitched off the map when I tranqed them. I am incredibly tired of searching them out.

Daily standing cap reduces the game to a "nOw yOu gEt tO wAiT" simulator.

I'm not mad at DE. I'm not mad at the "grind". I achieved Kavats far more easily. The token system only serves to give us extra materials to look at. I'm fine with monotone grind. I'm not fine with being forced to conserve as hard as I can for 3 days and then see the entire system trivialized. And I'm sorry. But my feelings don't care how little you think the negativity is uncalled for.

It feels like crap. My motivation to play a game I've adored for almost a decade is sapped to the point of death. I will log on. Get stupid tokens. Turn in stupid tokens for standing. And log off. Until all the standing is full. Its not skilled. Its not interesting. It doesn't make me feel like batman. 

It's just... Dead.

I have a PC too genius. A little ps4 indicator doesn't mean anything. I know you're smarter than that, I hope at least.

Archived