Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is stupid.

NanoVega

39 minutes ago, Alucard291 said:

1) Consider what would have happened if they weren't releasing content at the breakneck speed. Their average steam player count has been consistently under 50k and barely managed 55k with tennocon AND deimos recently. Where would it be without these? 20k? 15? Because I can actually see that given the data trend.

Between content updates the player counts on Steam stay pretty consistently between 40k and 50k. It obviously spikes when updates come out, but that seems to be their baseline even during “content droughts”.

2) Given how small this purchase is on the scale of tencent (no idea if you ever worked in M&A but boy does this happen a lot)... this would fly under the radar SO SO easily.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this.

As for potential, sure. Lots of potential. But for it to be realised a lot needs to change in DE. Most of the management for starters.

No disagreement from me here.

13 hours ago, NanoVega said:

Done with this update for a while. They fix 1 side of a thing and seem to think its good. But every face of this garbage dodecahedron of an update has some crap on it or other. 

Conservation was stupid to be done with. I play warframe to use cool biomechanoid suits and use interesting and diverse weapons. So Its a great idea to require you to disable 95% of that for hours at a time to use instead a stupid, Semi Auto, Projectile Based, 3 shot magazine tranq rifle.

I walk in, all I ask is new guns. Y'know? That's all, you're putting out an update, the visuals are pretty, awesome. But all I'd come back to this game for, is new and interesting ways to splatter simple enemies on variously different colored walls. What do I get instead? What do we get instead?

A revolving door of pies, each filled with cream and mixed with Fart Spray. You get to walk 3 steps forward once a day, and get to have 3 more pies smacked into your face, chest, or groin. 

Who knows which one will hit you? Will it be buggy NPCs phazing into terrain? Forcing you to fail a S#&$ty Steel Series bounty you spent the last hour finishing? 

Or will it be the horrible token system, which exchanges you actually using materials you have to go out and farm to instead have you buy a new set of 6 different currencies using the other differently colored currencies that you collect in the "Open world". Did I forget to mention that you get to use this second tier of currency to buy a mother friggin third tier of currency? Which you have to spend to buy a 4th form of currency, which finally lets you go to your foundry and build the 4 new weapons you want? Ain't that fun? Aren't you HAPPY?!?

Maybe instead you'll lean into just getting one neat thing? A new companion to help you on missions in different and interesting ways? You really like this companion, you level it up and take it to Gild it... Only... NOW. You need the 4th unlocked rank of Associate in order to actually use this one thing you worked to unlock. Guess what? If you have lower than MR 28. YOU don't get that for 2 more days you stupid jerk! HAH! 

I know they're just trying their hardest to sink their hooks and force me to play more. So I don't get why every second I play of this update makes me want to play less?

What is the point of Back Loading all these unlocks? Why are we sitting here working for days to unlock these things? What exactly are we going to do with them once we have them? Wouldn't it be better to let us even use some of this new stuff we're unlocking to unlock the other things we're unlocking? I've got a crippled dog. A useless shard of Seriglass that I can't actually use. And A whole Boat Load of salt... 

I know I'll seem like a whiny kid to so many. But I've loved this game for so long, why is this update making me hate it so much?unknown.pngunknown.png?width=1194&height=671

I think I'm just... Done... Gonna go grind Maplestory or WoW or something... They don't make me want to uninstall them...

Oh wait, now you can just pay to bypass the broken conservation system

1 minute ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this.

To clarify, what can happen in a normal M&A (merger and acquisition) process is that detail of "why the numbers are what they are" is often overlooked. This is especially the case when the acquisition is proportionately very small (as it is for Tencent). What I'm getting at is that the numbers are stable but are on a small decline. This is known. 

The selling party will present it as a general trend.

The reality is that DE is working at crunch pace (as per DE Rebecca on one of her streams - she straight up said that yeah, this rate of content production isn't something they can sustain) to make sure that the numbers aren't collapsing faster than they are currently. The aforementioned crunch is not a sustainable thing and will only be kept up until the sale.

This is something you and I may notice as we are people who actually PLAY the game. This isn't something the management would notice UNLESS it is pointed out by the auditors. But the auditors for a small deal would also likely be relatively sub par and wouldn't be expected to spend too many billable hours exploring the actual game's state.

2 hours ago, NanoVega said:

So your view of my point is fundamentally flawed. I don't even want the stuff any more, because it feels like such bs to achieve it.

Is only flawed in your eyes. But you know what? raging and complaining about something you do not like, instead of taking it easy and maybe taking a break if you are not enjoying it, are not good for your health, otherwise, you wont be able to "function as a human being" if you stay angry for the rest of your life 🙂

29 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Oh wait, now you can just pay to bypass the broken conservation system

It's not about the things they fix. It's about the next 50 things that are going to smack me in the face just for wanting to progress in the game.

20 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Is only flawed in your eyes. But you know what? raging and complaining about something you do not like, instead of taking it easy and maybe taking a break if you are not enjoying it, are not good for your health, otherwise, you wont be able to "function as a human being" if you stay angry for the rest of your life 🙂

I've been on break from warframe since Deadlock protocol. 

And I'm not mad. I feel empty. Its depressing me. I get to add warframe to the pile of things that i once loved, but now just leave me feeling hollow and sad.

And it's not just my opinion that its flawed. I have provable examples, factual evidence of this updates failures. The only part of that which is my opinion is that all these flaws have defeated me. I'm going to do the bare minimum. Get the standing. Turn it in. Get standing. Rank up. Get tokens, turn into standing. I won't use any new guns. Or any new pets. Or even the new helminth system. Until I have the highest rank in the stupid standing thing. And then. And only then. Do I get to actually do the thing I like. 

Once I do this, it won't be any different from DE releasing the content a week later, but just unlocking everything from the start. 

Doesn't that sound pathetic?

Edit: Complaining about things is how you tell people whether or not it needs to be fixed. If we all sat at our desks drooling and being mindlessly happy at whatever they put out in front of us, they won't know whats good or bad. And ultimately, having no  critical input on their efforts is insulting to the people working hard on it. If Utter and Total Trash is as good as an incredible, award winning game experience, why would they even bother trying?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I’m talking about DE compared to AAA developers. DE has less than 300 employees. That is TINY when compared to AAA game developers.

By comparison, CD Projekt Red has over 1,000 employees, Activison/Blizzard have over 9,000, Square Enix, EA, Capcom, etc all have THOUSANDS of employees. The point is, in comparison with AAA studios, DE is tiny. That’s just a fact.

Stop saying sh.it.

CDPR not only has a publishing and game distribution arm (GOG) which needs its own infrastructure and management, but makes games which are far more in depth than Warframe. The Witcher 3 by all accounts (I have not played it yet) has a massively inter-connected web of plot and events which the player can influence. That does not exist here.

Activision is a gargantuan conglomerate which makes and distributes a very large number of games. Same for EA, Squeenix, etc.

DE, on the other hand, does exactly 1 thing - Warframe. The entirety of their workforce is either that or direct support (admin, game server management).

If you want a small game studio, how about Egosoft (the makers of the X series of games - combat, trading and empire building in space). They have, according to Wikipedia, 20 employees. That's a full order of magnitude less and yet they're still chugging along. The comparison gets better in that they also receive similar complaints made about how release versions are horrible buggy messes... except that over time the bugs get polished right out, the balance gets fine tuned (fans of the series can compare X3 upon release with the final patched version of Albion Prelude) and the few remaining issues or desired features can be addressed with an officially documented modding API.

On 2020-08-28 at 4:34 PM, NanoVega said:

Get stupid tokens. Turn in stupid tokens for standing. And log off. Until all the standing is full. Its not skilled. Its not interesting. It doesn't make me feel like batman.

are you telling me the two other open world syndicates are any better? SU is literally hunting/mining + buying debt bonds to level up, after that you log out and wait for reset. Cetus is the same thing. infact, the whole game is a big waiting simulator. Wanna build a frame? That'll be 3 days for it to craft once you have crafted the parts. Wanna achieve the next mastery rank? 1 rank-up per day, you gotta wait. The only difference this time is that instead of just running 1 activity to get standing you have to do all of them.

The convoluted syndicate grind and time gates doesn't really bother me, it's the bugs and the boring bounties with their anemic spawns, conservative, and fishing. Just want to play something engaging, so it's back to Iceborne, only 20 rank ups to MR 999. :) This update looks amazing, fun died to the infestation.

22 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

The convoluted syndicate grind and time gates doesn't really bother me, it's the bugs and the boring bounties with their anemic spawns, conservative, and fishing. Just want to play something engaging, so it's back to Iceborne, only 20 rank ups to MR 999. 🙂 This update looks amazing, fun died to the infestation.

Funny thing is, I'm playing that too! A bit far behind in MR, tho, lol

23 hours ago, Salt_KuHa said:

The only difference this time is that instead of just running 1 activity to get standing you have to do all of them.

thus the frustrtion .
i did the gindfest and now im collecting the fruits from helminth system , also xaku being a bad frame convinced me for not farming for scintillants . 

For the sake of saying i did the avichaea and medjay hunting before it was nerfed, i bite the bullet and grinded for breathless 3 days for the tags needed. (i dont know what they did but i know now you can buy with plat either way , i lack care to know any further with the scintiallants and hunting after doing probably 60+ of the same bounty for just couple scintillants ) 

İf i wanted to give the input , doing the lure process is useless and buggy for birbs , just fly with archwing and observe the area with tranq rifle. medjay was even more pain in the arse for me becuz i didnt know it was tied to vome-fass cycle so theres that. 

Was it fun ? no . Do i wanna participate in a senseless convervation with standing requirements that didnt make sense with the 4 son token requirement before first hotfix after deimos lunch ? a big m. freckling NO. 

Is helminth worth it ? yes kinda. Are combos op ? depends but still good frames already can dish out millions upon trilions of damage without them . Will marked for death get nerfed ? probably because of some youtube videos of ash abusing it who knows, this is DE  .

What is left to grasp ? idk mechs are cool , whatves. I wish we could do deimos open world survival with likes of the fortuna alarm levels though. I literally standed on top of the giant helminth wannabe creature that spawns infested or calls them ..... so far they only seem to work if youre doing a bounty and if youre free roaming they dont seem to bring more enemies or its just bugged if im wrong . 

personal conclusion ; m e h  , just meh i guess. better than no content 

On 2020-08-28 at 12:07 PM, Alucard291 said:

To clarify, what can happen in a normal M&A (merger and acquisition) process is that detail of "why the numbers are what they are" is often overlooked. This is especially the case when the acquisition is proportionately very small (as it is for Tencent). What I'm getting at is that the numbers are stable but are on a small decline. This is known. 

The selling party will present it as a general trend.

The reality is that DE is working at crunch pace (as per DE Rebecca on one of her streams - she straight up said that yeah, this rate of content production isn't something they can sustain) to make sure that the numbers aren't collapsing faster than they are currently. The aforementioned crunch is not a sustainable thing and will only be kept up until the sale.

This is something you and I may notice as we are people who actually PLAY the game. This isn't something the management would notice UNLESS it is pointed out by the auditors. But the auditors for a small deal would also likely be relatively sub par and wouldn't be expected to spend too many billable hours exploring the actual game's state.

Since Tencent has finalized the purchase of Leyou now for around $1.4 Billion, which is admittedly small for Tencent but a great deal of money for Leyou and their holdings like Splash Damage and DE; one wonders what officially will be the marching orders from above? Couldn't comment on the crunch I would wager, but I know that DE promising much for 2019 and not delivering was part of the reason stated by Leyou for the move for this sale as it lost them a few million dollars for the aborted planned player engagements and revenues pushed off.

Read some of the posts here, got to page 3 and went "screw it" and gonna post. So if someone else has my beef, whoops.

I came for the pets. Not just one pet, but 6 new pets with whole new skills. Woohoo!

Capture through conservation. Okay. Can find them roaming? Woohoo! Learn 3 days later you only get a convertable pet if they get weakened by infested. Doh!

3 days before that got my first Pup. Medipup.. name made me think it heals.. nope. Sheesh, no consistancy there DE. I leveled that lil critter up and zoomed in to Gild.

...... 10 son tokens and 5000 standing... the hell?? ..... waitamoment.. Rank 4 in standing.. iceland volcano GIF

Grrrrrr... FINE!

So, collect all 6 pets and get them ready for Gilding.. while building standing. Helminth was grabbed on the climb. Pet heal on my main frames and threw in Loki I had made when I thought I could choose switch teleport. BAH.

Make rank 4, have enough standing to Gild 1 pup yesterday. Yes!!

Now what to do... eh might as well get those new weapons.I got all those blueprints for the new warfans. Seriglass shard.. *wiki-skills* Grandma only? Okay.

20 Grandma shards. Huh. So what does she... 10 <familymemberhere> shards? 200 various shards for one Seriglass...

sun GIF by NASA

Archived