Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel path not for all warframes

-INDRA-

Short and according to the topic - am I the only one who thinks, that Steel path is concentrated only for massive killing warframses like Mesa, Saryn, Octavia, Baruuk etc., while other warframes are most lilekly not playable or enough effective because of their lacks in abilities kit and should be revisited / reworked (like Ash - again..., Chroma, Grendel etc.)? 

Also how do you fell - will Hemltith system replace warframe's revisites and reworks or it will not affect that?

tbf I play hyldrin and nyx mostly on sp and go trough them like a normal mission.
Also done some with excalibur, loki, banshee, khora, ivara, atlas, hydroid and...pretty much all the frames for the test.
The only frame that didn't fair well solo was equinox tbh, I had to make a special build for him just to work there because she was squishy af.
SP is made for all frames.

when most mobs in steel path bounty are huge sentepedies and they take like millions of dmg - i doubt saryn or mesa are good frames for this. dunno about other non deimos missions. Mesa has just not enough dmg to compete with good range good melee build. Saryn is just to weak for this fat targets. 

2 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

SP is made for all frames.

Only theoretically - Chroma for example (because I'm wokring on him right now to make him feet perfectly for sp):
On regular levels mode I've used all of his 4 abilities and they worked good. On Steel Path it's kinda obvious that the highier pressure will be put on his 2nd and 3rd, but while on regular mode Effigy being boosted by Vex Armor required a few seconds (2, maybe 3) to kill 1 Grinnier soldier (light alloy or ferrit armored), while in regular mode it was about slightly less than 1 second. Spectral Scream is obviously not killing Grinniers, but I'm using fire Spectral Scream to strip their armours about half (specially heavly Armored units), which makes me thing that Spectral Scream on Steel Path is even more usefull than Effigy right now.

With Ash only usefull thing right now are his shurikens with augment (devastating armor) and 3rd with augment (auto finisher), but still even with this Ash gameplay right now is based on smoke bomb and fighting with melee while invisibility works... About Grendel I will not even talk anything.

When I launch public matches, I see that everyone nuke everything with nuke frames... I don;t even want to thing what will happen when everyone will unlock Hemlith Ability system.

1 minute ago, -INDRA- said:

About Grendel I will not even talk anything.

first context: I hate grendel, from the time I farmed him to the fisr months that he was useless af
next the question: Why? He is one of the best frames for sp imo (it hurts me to say it but it's true)

2 minutes ago, -INDRA- said:

When I launch public matches, I see that everyone nuke everything with nuke frames... I don;t even want to thing what will happen when everyone will unlock Hemlith Ability system.

Because they have no imagination. ;D 

I don't think so.

I mainly used Grendel, Excal and Ash for SP and it feels great to play them. Of course they lack in defense type mission, but usually those objectives are trivialized by Limbo.

Ash would actually be one of my top tiers for SP, he just melts everything. I'm using him even on Cambion Drift SP, since, surprisingly enough, defense objectives there are not made of paper and you can take your time.

Gotta say I'm playing solo, though. 

40 minutes ago, -INDRA- said:

Short and according to the topic - am I the only one who thinks, that Steel path is concentrated only for massive killing warframses like Mesa, Saryn, Octavia, Baruuk etc., while other warframes are most lilekly not playable or enough effective because of their lacks in abilities kit and should be revisited / reworked (like Ash - again..., Chroma, Grendel etc.)? 

I've taken almost every frame in and while they're not equally effective, they've all been sufficiently effective.

Also how do you fell - will Hemltith system replace warframe's revisites and reworks or it will not affect that?

Ideally they would use player data from the Helminth system to inform their reworks of frames/abilities.

Ash Grendel and Chroma would perform just fine in Steel Path. they have ways to help their Weapons deal Damage, so they will function fine.
Ash and Grendel are pushed towards a certain playstyle, that being focusing on removing Armor to treat all Enemies in an unarmored state, but that's what they have to offer so that's what you'd end up doing one way or another.

any Warframes that don't have a way to buff their Damage in some fashion or weaken/remove Enemy resistances - or doesn't have CC - sure, those Warframes don't really have features to offer towards Steel Path. that's not very many Warframes, though. 

there is a set of frames that performs better but saryn and mesa arent quite it by themselves,

Cctavia yes , Baruuk with his augment and stat sticks can work too (i hate stat sticks)

Khora , Vauban also work wonderfully cause of their CC , damage and debuff potential.

Mag can manage with the right build and taking advantage of shield gating.

similarly frames with a means of debuffing enemies or buffing self damage can manage (if not excel ) at SP.

Not all frames are good for everything but you can definitely finish the star chart if you dont play the same way you have played previously i,e assuming things to die in the blink of an eye.

42 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

The only frame that didn't fair well solo was equinox tbh, I had to make a special build for him just to work there because she was squishy af.

But in nightform equinox is a beast (built right).  I recently went over my build and actually dropped some of my tankiness in favor of better stats for helminth abilities on equinox.

• Gonna have a larva build for the every-mission scenario.
  • Gonna have a roar build (with >300% power strength).  Maybe a second one with less strength but with Duality (cause LOL aim-bot of dooooooom).
  • Gonna have a Breach surge build for the luls (think non-grineer + breach-surge + melee finishers (Rest))
  • Gonna have a terrify/pillage build (cause mass armor strip + maim).
  • Gonna have a silence build (Cause stealth farm with a BFG)

So much fun to be had.

I can handle it with all the frames you mentioned, except Baruuk and Grendel because i don't have them.

You might want to change your builds.

But it's true, the meta is even more ridiculous as it still works in a game mode that's supposed to be 'challenging' just like it was regular starchart, my high strength Saryn and Viral-crit-fire rate modded Mesa with almost minimal status still melts SP content like it's nothing.

As for Ash, you already have enough overkill with Fatal Teleport, you can bring something like Destreza Prime against Demolishers and Skiajati for other content.

Might not be the best frame against Corpus overall, but can still be used in Steel Path.

Chroma gets overkilled in certain bossfights in some cases, or gets its energy drained and abilities nullified by the new Jackal, some other frames are better choices in these cases, ones that can camp outside the range of the bs auras without getting hit by it or have immunity to them, maybe Ivara and Harrow, either ways it's still doable with Chroma or other frames that rely on gimmicks such as Vex Armor.

Nyx is great, without the disarm passive though, Nova is better for cc and now with the Portal changes, better for damage too.

Night form Equinox might be the most useful and versatile frame for Steel Path with the consistent, self sustaining cheap cc with augmented Rest and Skiajati/Destreza/hammers.

Now i found nuke Volt to be a lot less effective, but can still lock down the map, constantly draining the shields of Corpus enemies to keep them from regenerating.

Zephyr is also not going to be particularly useful for Steel Path.

Most frames work well in different nodes, even a meme frame like Inaros can be useful for Hijack missions.

Archived