Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elements Are Interacting Badly With Animations

VodkaGR

I don't expect anyone to find this a big deal,but IMO it does make the game look cheap,and it's sad really ,since a lot of work has been done on it.

What i mean by interacting,is the animations played by element deaths,or slows,stuns etc,stopping the physics or other animations of the enemies

For example,if you freeze an ancient,and then try to ragdoll him to a cliff,he won't move ,until the freeze effect is over,or he will fly really slowly.Same with fire,a fire stun animation will prevent many other effects from happening.Another example is enemies affected by elements and being already dead not showing,or not being able to get lifted by rhino stomp

The way this hurts gameplay,apart from the horrible aesthetic side of it,is a screen confusion of dying enemies appearing alive and still playing animations,inability to throw enemies into cliffs ,or use physics impact weapons for double kills,immunity from some kind off cc etc.

What i would like to see,is a kind of priority system,that prioritizes player actions such as a kogake kick,to the animation slow of freeze.So the enemy will get kicked at normal speed,and the ragdoll physics will not get screwed up,but the enemy will be slower at his self-initiated animations,such as trying to stand up.

TL:DR pls ragdoll and interactions while frozen,burning or electrified

the animations in warframe have always been a little... sub par imo... not that its terrible or anything, just that they could be better.

that said, they will soon be adding in a swath of new damg/element types to the game, so they will likely be adding new animations for them.

ill bet money that they update existing death/elemental effects at the same time (or around then).

Will add this to my https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/116872-the-grand-thread-for-animation-and-parkour-improvements-and-fixes-with-gifs/

if you don't mind. This does not belong in "general discussions" at all and won't get noticed. All animation problems being in a one giant thread has much more potential of being spotted by developers.

Edited by Aure7

the animations in warframe have always been a little... sub par imo... not that its terrible or anything, just that they could be better.

that said, they will soon be adding in a swath of new damg/element types to the game, so they will likely be adding new animations for them.

ill bet money that they update existing death/elemental effects at the same time (or around then).

really? i always thought the animation work overall in Warframe is superbly realistic. animations for our Tenno actually look human. 

the enemy animations + the chaos of all the different elements and stuns and stuff though, yes, that's not quite perfect. ;)

--------------------

2WkPeau.png

--------------------

also, gratzi on a perfect number.

Edited by taiiat

Will add this to my https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/116872-the-grand-thread-for-animation-and-parkour-improvements-and-fixes-with-gifs/

if you don't mind. This does not belong in "general discussions" at all and won't get noticed. All animation problems being in a one giant thread has much more potential of being spotted by developers.

Yes,feel free ,i was under the impression that this subforum would get more attention ,seeing the number of views,but i will post there as well,or request a move

Hoping there are other people that care about this ,so DE will eventually do something about it