Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE whats going on? Are we gonna see another Nerf?

kwlingo

I dont have much to say but you just gave every frame the ability to nuke. Is this any different that the Kuva Bramma? If anything we shouldn't have gotten those other abilities nerfed because this from the Helminith is an instant death ability.

https://youtu.be/gPZyo_LYC0U

Note: In the video, the youtuber uses one of the new Helminth ability that stuns a target and the next attack on the stunned enemy does an AOE damage of the procs and damage around target. 280% range does about 25-30m room clear.

9 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Yeap, so we can expect this to be nerfs soon.  Revenant does % damage, not damage numbers. lol

Since I wont click some random YT link and you mentioning Rev here... is this about Reave being available on all frames and you calling that nuking? If not, explain what skill you are refereing to as nuke.

edit: Just to clarify, Reave is utter dog poo without Enthrall.

Its not gonna get nerfed, there are to abilites in game that does this already, Vaubans tesla's with an augment and Wisps Breach Surge, the only thing different about these two to whats in the video is its use on Revenant. If anything DE is just gonna change its interaction on Revenant, and possible Nyx, so that it doesn't combo with mind controlled enemies

2 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

Its not gonna get nerfed, there are to abilites in game that does this already, Vaubans tesla's with an augment and Wisps Breach Surge, the only thing different about these two to whats in the video is its use on Revenant. If anything DE is just gonna change its interaction on Revenant, and possible Nyx, so that it doesn't combo with mind controlled enemies

Nice thinking Mind control the entire room with Nyx. lol

Just now, kwlingo said:

What you're thinking of is Chaos, Mind Control just takes control of a single enemy, one that can be buffed for a small window by attacking it, Chaos is just a bigger version of that, but no additional damage boost

3 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

What you're thinking of is Chaos, Mind Control just takes control of a single enemy, one that can be buffed for a small window by attacking it, Chaos is just a bigger version of that, but no additional damage boost

Actually, the trick is that all damage dealt to a mind control target is dealt to it in one single instance of damage when the mind control wears off, thus if you mind control, then mark for death, pump a couple dozen shots from a T Prime or Exergis into it, and then release mind control, all of the nearby enemies will take that damage as well.

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Actually, the trick is that all damage dealt to a mind control target is dealt to it in one single instance of damage when the mind control wears off, thus if you mind control, then mark for death, pump a couple dozen shots from a T Prime or Exergis into it, and then release mind control, all of the nearby enemies will take that damage as well.

Yea, thats pretty much what Revenat did, except with his abilities not weapons. Anyways that post was because the guy thought that Mind Control was the ability that casted on multiple enemies, not one

10 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

See he thinks its for the entire room

4 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

But Choas dosen't control the unit to fight on your side. It just confuses them and make them attack anything closest to them even ourselves. Mind control take a hold of the target and brings them to the tenno side of the fight. Since it transfers the effect of to all enemies around it I wonder if it would work. Well I should be getting my hands on the Helminth tomorrow so time to test before they change it on us.

2 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

Yea, thats pretty much what Revenat did, except with his abilities not weapons. Anyways that post was because the guy thought that Mind Control was the ability that casted on multiple enemies, not one

See he thinks its for the entire room

25-30m bro lol

Its funny you think Mind Control is on all enemies. I think your interpretation is off

I'd say it's likely to get nerfed not because it's so powerful flat-out but because it's so powerful compared to the other Helminth abilities - many of which are just tragically weak.

In practice, I don't think it has as much of a Bramma problem. It's actually kind of the inverse of the Bramma: as far as I know, if allies kill the afflicted target, the cast goes to waste. So rather than the one player mucking with everyone else, everyone else mucks with that player. That's kind of its own counter-balance, in a way.

But it's still leagues above the other Helminth abilities so, yeah, probably won't last.

EDIT: I will add, if they do really feel a need to nerf the ability at all, I hope they just increase the energy cost to 100. That's the standard with other nuke and nuke-lite abilities. And if it's still too powerful for that energy cost compared to the other Helminth abilities, maybe those other ones need a buff instead.

Just now, Tyreaus said:

I'd say it's likely to get nerfed not because it's so powerful flat-out but because it's so powerful compared to the other Helminth abilities - many of which are just tragically weak.

In practice, I don't think it has as much of a Bramma problem. It's actually kind of the inverse of the Bramma: as far as I know, if allies kill the afflicted target, the cast goes to waste. So rather than the one player mucking with everyone else, everyone else mucks with that player. That's kind of its own counter-balance, in a way.

But it's still leagues above the other Helminth abilities so, yeah, probably won't last.

Wow that is a good point. Perhaps DE did test it and found the same.

All these videos are in simulacrum and solo!

2 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

25-30m bro lol

Its funny you think Mind Control is on all enemies. I think your interpretation is off

I don't think Mind Control is on all enemies, but you're first post gave me the impression that you were thinking that

For some info: Marked for Death costs 50 Energy and marks a target. 50% of the next instance of damage you deal to that target is copied to all enemies with 10 metres. The damage spread is line-of-sight only, but its range and damage percent transferal are affected by Range and Strength Mods, respectively, with the latter able to push the ability over 100% damage transferal. This effect also copies all Status effects from the marked target onto enemies within the radius.

This allows you to do stuff like bloom Fatal Teleport's damage to nuke rooms at the press of a couple buttons, or turn a Heavy Attack's guaranteed face-melting Slash proc into a room-wide version.

I think it's gonna get a nerf. Any or all of a +Strength% cap, Range cap, removal of Status transferal, possibly a cooldown, something.

It looks pretty busted, at least from the perspective of Simulacrum warriors showing it off in an extremely niche, controlled setting and only in that setting. Enemy density fluctuates pretty heavily in actual missions, and so Simulacrum testing is definitely showing it off to its maximum effectiveness as opposed to a lower average potency overall. Then people are gonna flock to it like crazy, DE will see the metrics, consider that it's on the level of "too good not to use" and nerf it so other options have a chance. Then a bunch of people will riot about it, the cycle continues and it's just another week in the salt mines of Warframe Forums.

Granted, in the Op-linked video the guy proceeds to one-shot rooms in Steel Path Mot without any difficulty as Ash. Hmmm...

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Damizza said:

I’m not clicking on your link, thanks. And i already saw Gaz’s video. Literally Equinox, Mesa, and Saryn can already nuke maps faster than it takes to set up that ability, so i don’t even know why you @ me, but go off, i guess.

Don't worry about them. They are judging everything by a solo player using it. Marked for Death will feel really wasteful in a group. Which is why we won't see videos of someone using Marked for Death in normal play. It's all a sterile test environment set up to show off.

I imagine the range of marked for death will be changed to be fixed.

Archived