DE whats going on? Are we gonna see another Nerf?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Damizza said:

I’m not clicking on your link, thanks. And i already saw Gaz’s video. Literally Equinox, Mesa, and Saryn can already nuke maps faster than it takes to set up that ability, so i don’t even know why you @ me, but go off, i guess.

Don't worry about them. They are judging everything by a solo player using it. Marked for Death will feel really wasteful in a group. Which is why we won't see videos of someone using Marked for Death in normal play. It's all a sterile test environment set up to show off.

I imagine the range of marked for death will be changed to be fixed.

Edited by Redfeather75
  • Like 3

This is why I gave up on the Helminth System the second DE nerfed it before release. It showed that they had no intention of actually supporting the system post launch and just nerf anything the players find “too good”.

I have no interest in a system that’ll just get progressively worse as time goes on.

• Like 5
Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

This is why I gave up on the Helminth System the second DE nerfed it before release. It showed that they had no intention of actually supporting the system post launch and just nerf anything the players find “too good”.

I have no interest in a system that’ll just get progressively worse as time goes on.

We have yet to see a single video of this ability in normal group play. Someone will have to record tons of video and cherry pick it to make it look good. I bet, I bet. hehe

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, (XB1)Damizza said:

Do you even play ESO, like at all?

I do, but not in Steel Path.

1 minute ago, Redfeather75 said:

I don't think they have.

If you wanna get in on this (and I guess @-CdG-Zilchy too), can you show me a Saryn or Mesa outperforming what Marked for Death can currently do? Genuine question here. Attacking me personally doesn't help Dami's claim that Saryn nukes harder, but evidence of Saryn nuking harder sure would.

20 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

I do, but not in Steel Path.

If you wanna get in on this (and I guess @-CdG-Zilchy too), can you show me a Saryn or Mesa outperforming what Marked for Death can currently do? Genuine question here. Attacking me personally doesn't help Dami's claim that Saryn nukes harder, but evidence of Saryn nuking harder sure would.

Ok what you need to consider mate is that per round of ESO Saryn or Volt will kill upwards of 400 in the hands of a good player and what it can do better is the massive range it has. Your marked for death isn't going to wipe enemies in the range of spores or maim, that's why.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Lion said:

I was wondering how long it'd take for a nerf thread to pop up

It's amazing isn't it. Couple more threads like this one, and yet another ability will get nerfed into complete unusefulness because some dude showed he could kill large groups of enemies in a simulacrum. Can't have someone killing a lot of enemies fast in a game about killing lots of enemies fast.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Ok what you need to consider mate is that per round of ESO Saryn or Volt will kill upwards of 400 in the hands of a good player and what it can do better is the massive range it has. Your marked for death isn't going to wipe enemies in the range as spores or maim, that's why.

Veeery different from the claim I called bs on. Damizza said:

37 minutes ago, (XB1)Damizza said:

An ability that requires grind, set-up, synergy, and doesn’t even do what Saryn/Mesa/Equinox can do in half the time or efficiency in a squad should get nerfed? 

Saryn, Mesa and Equinox cannot do what this setup does in half the time, plain and simple.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

Saryn, Mesa and Equinox cannot do what this setup does in half the time, plain and simple.

How is that any different? Saryn and Equinox don't require any help and have far more range. Instead of nuking 20 or so enemies like marked for death is, you're nuking 2 - 3 rooms at a time. How do you not understand this?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

imagine getting this worked up over being able to kill enemies in a PvE game

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Redfeather75 said:

Every video I see using Marked for Death makes me wonder why nobody at DE tested this ability.

Probably you still don't understand you are testing this game right now. It's seven years people are beta testing this game. They just release random stuff to see how people react to them...

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

How is that any different?

Primarily, that it's instant. The three frames mentioned might kill more stuff, eventually, but in the meantime they have to contend with enemies coming at them. With the MfD/FT setup you run around invis, press 2 buttons for a whole room to die in half a second, then rise and repeat.

Also we are comparing ESO's enemies to the higher-level and eHP-buffed Steel path enemies, but that's a little beside the point.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Damizza said:

imagine getting this worked up over being able to kill enemies in a PvE game

I'm all ears if you have anything of substance to contribute. Otherwise hush, adults are talking.

Edited by SenorClipClop
  • Like 2
Just now, SenorClipClop said:

Primarily, that it's instant. The three frames mentioned might kill more stuff, eventually, but in the meantime they have to contend with enemies coming at them. With the WfD/FT setup you run around invis, press 2 buttons for a whole room to die in half a second, then rise and repeat.

Also we are comparing ESO's enemies to the higher-level and eHP-buffed Steel path enemies, but that's a little beside the point.

I'm all ears if you have anything of substance to contribute. Otherwise hush, adults are talking.

I mean marked for death has LoS so is not as bad as you think it is. xd..

Just now, SenorClipClop said:

Primarily, that it's instant. The three frames mentioned might kill more stuff, eventually, but in the meantime they have to contend with enemies coming at them. With the WfD/FT setup you run around invis, press 2 buttons for a whole room to die in half a second, then rise and repeat.

Are you even aware that higher hp enemies will actually be even better for equinox? Saryn's kill is fairly instant AND it continues on if you know what you're doing and affects more enemies further away. Sorry but I just don't think you know how either ability works from what you've demonstrated in your replies. You're out of your depth on this one.

• Like 2
Just now, CodeUltimate said:

I mean marked for death has LoS so is not as bad as you think it is. xd..

I'm not sure where you read that I think it's bad. My first post in this thread points out that it's LoS, and postulates that it probably doesn't work as well in practical missions overall as it does in the Simulacrum. I actually think it's pretty cool. My whole deal here is that it is clearly an obvious power outlier, it does perform better than classic nukes in several ways, and I wouldn't be surprised if DE nerfed it.

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

I'm not sure where you read that I think it's bad. My first post in this thread points out that it's LoS, and postulates that it probably doesn't work as well in practical missions overall as it does in the Simulacrum. I actually think it's pretty cool. My whole deal here is that it is clearly an obvious power outlier, it does perform better than classic nukes in several ways, and I wouldn't be surprised if DE nerfed it.

LOL I think I quoted the wrong post. xddd

6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Are you even aware that higher hp enemies will actually be even better for equinox? Saryn's kill is fairly instant AND it continues on if you know what you're doing and affects more enemies further away. Sorry but I just don't think you know how either ability works from what you've demonstrated in your replies. You're out of your depth on this one.

Equinox needs to build up damage for her nuke, she can't just point-click-dead. Saryn can eventually tick Spores really farkin high, but that takes time and attention to get there, and Spores Miasma are still damage over time. They aren't going to kill Level 140 Steel Path enemies in half a second like the video provably does.

I feel like you're trying to interpret comparisons in a very specific way so that you can talk down to me. You might know more about nukes than I do, but just saying you think you do doesn't go anywhere. It honestly feels like you're just trying for ad hominem in the hopes that you don't need to substantiate anything. If you think I'm out of my depth, show me. Show someone being this effective for this little effort, using Saryn.

• Like 2