Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

game breaking fishing bug in deimos ?

Sonicbullitt

On 2020-09-16 at 7:31 AM, ChaoticEdge said:

Oh, oh you got that type being stuck in bug or "Stun Bug", well I hate to break it to you but there is a way get out that bug then again your going hate it.  Ok you need another gaming controller like example xbox controller or PS4 or something that connect to the computer.  If that bug appeared use either wired controller or controller that connect to the computer which for me I have to use wired one plug into the computer.  For me how it happen, this happen 8 times but explaining how get out the bug in my view

• If you can't move with your asdw or any movement, plug in the controller (I have wired one)
  • use the controller start moving
  • this strangely re-enable movement
  • if your character is able to move then unplug the controller and go back the keyboard
  • this should let you use the keyboard movement

It is THE MOST 1 bug I so far solved getting around it, but then again I never try unpluging my keyboard and repluging it in.

This worked for me. Thanks for the tip. In my case I still couldn't move using the toggles on the controller but I was able to open the gear menu and swap to a different item than the fishing spear, which got my character unstuck. 

This has happened to me twice now, Ive lost about 2 hours of solo, free roam fishing. mining & hunting , Im SOOO annoyed!!!  Please fix this stupid bug! I Tried plugging in a PS4 controller, Didnt work....  however mashing some buttons on a steam controler did work, change spear and then an /unstuck seemed to work.

I've had this bug happen to me about 4 other times. I actually just had it happen again so I took to google to see if anyone figured out how to fix it. Didn't see the Controller recommendation tho so instead I had my brother join me and force-extract. I'll be sure to try the controller next time but this shouldn't even be a problem we have in the first place.

Please fix this bug! It's game breaking and ruins hours of gameplay!

En 22/9/2020 a las 12:48, Didjynn dijo:

I'm stuck in solo so I can't invite anyone... I'll soon be loosing 1 hour of farming. Please make "unstuck" great again...

Try to put your session in "friends only" that prevent random ppl to enter in your session and still you can invite a friend to help you to go back to necralisk, i hope they patch that bug soon because fishing is one of my favourites activities in open worlds after some contracts, its frustrating not being able to continue your game when this happens

• 1 month later...

An update on this bug which is still in the game.  Thus far I can confirm that it only applies to both of the new fishing spears that are in the game.  All other spears don't have this problem.

Hitting the target has no bearing on this bug. I have had it trigger both after missing and hitting a fish.

The /unstuck command has no effect on removing this bug.  Dying however will remove the bug.

The only actions available during this bug is to ready the spear for fishing (but you can't throw), and using the ESC menu.  No other action is available.

Never tried that one yet but I do get stuck on venus in the hest briefing room a lot.

Some options to try:

- Go to desktop and right click waframe in tab. This will open a promt in-game 'do you really want to exit', that can sometimes save a messed up state.

- Try a different loadout, glitch can be related to the weapons, frame, cosmetics, frame stance animations etc. Change everything.

- Fish under stealth, keeping the local npcs alive. Should you get stuck, you let your stealth run out and npcs can then kill you, hopefully resetting the character.

If that doesn't work, you will have to save more often or try a different spot, maybe notice the terrain, if it's a decline or whatever.

Then I don't know if it would be possible, you invite a player to your group, they load in, leave group to stay on your map, then they invite you to their group, both staying put and then they run to the exit to load both of you out. lol.

3 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Never tried that one yet but I do get stuck on venus in the hest briefing room a lot.

Some options to try:

- Go to desktop and right click waframe in tab. This will open a promt in-game 'do you really want to exit', that can sometimes save a messed up state.

- Try a different loadout, glitch can be related to the weapons, frame, cosmetics, frame stance animations etc. Change everything.

- Fish under stealth, keeping the local npcs alive. Should you get stuck, you let your stealth run out and npcs can then kill you, hopefully resetting the character.

If that doesn't work, you will have to save more often or try a different spot, maybe notice the terrain, if it's a decline or whatever.

Then I don't know if it would be possible, you invite a player to your group, they load in, leave group to stay on your map, then they invite you to their group, both staying put and then they run to the exit to load both of you out. lol.

That's how I end the session, works everytime and you get to keep everything you earned.

Been there done that. :)

I would still be standing there for a long long time with the efficiency my Ivara has. 

Done something similar, got a clan mate to join on me then go to extraction and activate the timer to go in the gate.

• 4 weeks later...

So just for those people that's finding this in the future there are 3 ways of fixing this bug.

1. If you do have a controller you can plug that in and give it a shot to see if you can move.
2. Alt + F4 and log back in quickly hoping your stuff will be there.
3. Hope an enemy strolls by and kills you, then revive. Should fix everything.

(If a game bug happens an enemy killing you usually fixes all the bugs when its controls and UI based)

Causes that I seen so far is playing around with fishing rods tossing it at hanging tree thingy's and loot boxes is a bad idea.

Hope this helps :P

Sorry for the late post :D

• 2 weeks later...

... and I think this bug is going to be lifted into the new year.

Just happened to me too right now; 1+ hour of fishing & resource spending down the drain.  Haven't got a controller, and as a perma-prowl Ivara with no enemies in sight doing a pure solo run I'm SOL.  Feeling really miffed right now, even though I've had had it happen twice before too, so I should've known better...  Luckily an Alt-F4 and quickly logging back in didn't wipe my loot it seems, but this is not good for one's blood pressure.

DE: please fix.  Encountering these kinds of bugs seriously make you consider playing other games.

• 5 months later...

Yay I think it will soon be time to celebrate the anniversary of this bug.

Can DE just please, upgrade the unstuck command, it truly lacks power. Clipping trough the map isn't a huge/frequent issue anymore. Stuff like this that keeps you locked in place or stuck in operator/warframe/mech etc. is way worse. I got no clue wether the stuck between operator and mech only mode (e.g. no transferance back) in deimos is still a thing or if warframe walking in space (without archwing) is. But these are both clear issues why we need a frame state reset.

2 hours ago, Quimoth said:

Yay I think it will soon be time to celebrate the anniversary of this bug.

Can DE just please, upgrade the unstuck command, it truly lacks power. Clipping trough the map isn't a huge/frequent issue anymore. Stuff like this that keeps you locked in place or stuck in operator/warframe/mech etc. is way worse. I got no clue wether the stuck between operator and mech only mode (e.g. no transferance back) in deimos is still a thing or if warframe walking in space (without archwing) is. But these are both clear issues why we need a frame state reset.

The /stuck command from ESO is probably the most reliable implementation. Moves your character to the nearest wayshrine, reloads the UI, and the only "cooldown" is the gold cost of manually travelling to a shrine. I don't know why it was seen a good idea to have a hard limit on the frequency you can use /unstuck and then not even have pre-determined safe spots to place the player. Usually if I get stuck in a mission it's a wash unless there's a group extract.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2020-09-16 at 4:42 AM, Tristan_GER said:

This Bug isn't fixed.......... Nearly 2hrs mining, fishing and hunting, all loot lost.

DE, when will u fix this Bug????

This still happens in 2022. Answer: apparently never?

Archived