Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Heavy Attack keybind to Override Weapon

A-Midnight-Shanking

Question

5 answers to this question

I don't think so.  I have always had to have the melee weapon actually equipped in order to be able to trigger the Heavy Attack.

The button that triggers a "Heavy Attack" is actually the Secondary Attack button, so it is not used just for Melee Weapon secondary (heavy) attack, but with any weapon's secondary attack.  Thus, you DO need to have the weapon equipped for which you want that specific secondary attack to happen.

1 hour ago, Ironkrieg said:

I don't think so.  I have always had to have the melee weapon actually equipped in order to be able to trigger the Heavy Attack.

The button that triggers a "Heavy Attack" is actually the Secondary Attack button, so it is not used just for Melee Weapon secondary (heavy) attack, but with any weapon's secondary attack.  Thus, you DO need to have the weapon equipped for which you want that specific secondary attack to happen.

True. For the PC at least, with the ability to re-bind keys, I had hoped to make the key-bind for heavy and secondary attack separate, but that did not work either. Even though I had Heavy attack clearly linked to a distinct key, pressing that key did nothing until I was in 'melee'.

4 hours ago, Ironkrieg said:

Correct melee weapon has to be active to do a heavy attack.

4 hours ago, Ironkrieg said:

Incorrect in a way, you can set a separate key bind button by itself just for Heavy Attack I have a key bind for Secondary Fire and a bind just for Heavy Attacks, it works well for the melee weapon the heavy attack bind, look in options you'll see a Melee Heavy Attack bind and a Secondary Fire bind. Though you will still need to have the melee weapon as the active weapon to do the Heavy Attack.

9 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Correct melee weapon has to be active to do a heavy attack.

Incorrect in a way, you can set a separate key bind button by itself just for Heavy Attack I have a key bind for Secondary Fire and a bind just for Heavy Attacks, it works well for the melee weapon the heavy attack bind, look in options you'll see a Melee Heavy Attack bind and a Secondary Fire bind. Though you will still need to have the melee weapon as the active weapon to do the Heavy Attack.

Slayer,

You are right!  Thank you for the correction.  🙂

I actually have both slaved to the same button for the Protea fight since it allows for the Throw->Detonate without having to move my trigger finger from button to button.

1 hour ago, Ironkrieg said:

Slayer,

You are right!  Thank you for the correction.  🙂

I actually have both slaved to the same button for the Protea fight since it allows for the Throw->Detonate without having to move my trigger finger from button to button.

Try using mouse wheel forward to throw the Xoris and also Orvius, haven't tried it with many other thrown weapons it does some weird stuff, 😉 sometimes doing long endless mission runs I have two melee keys setup to give my main melee a rest and just pushing the mouse wheel forward cuts back on the finger strain.

Archived