Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scintillant ... :(

UserO1

Il y a 4 heures, (PS4)Navalhabr a dit :

Do the ISOVAULTS and don't open the vault. Just kill the Necramech, T2 T3, leave... return.... T1, T2 T3... Profit!

They will spawn on the room or you can get a drop from Necra.

I would advice opening the vault on T3. There is a rare bonus drop there and the weapon parts are quite valuable :).

The problem is that the probability of dropping scintillant is too low.  Let's say you're doing T2 bounty.  Common reward has 5 different items.

For example, if the drop rate of Common is 70%, Uncommon is 20% and Rare is 10%.

Since Common reward has 5 different items, assume the chance to roll scintillant is 20%.

Then the drop rate to get scintillant will be 0.7 X 0.2=0.14.    

Of course, the numbers above is not the actual numbers in the game, but you get the idea.

The way they design the drop table is totally radiculous.  The chance to get the particular common reward may even be harder than getting a rare reward.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)slwong3 said:

The problem is that the probability of dropping scintillant is too low.  Let's say you're doing T2 bounty.  Common reward has 5 different items.

For example, if the drop rate of Common is 70%, Uncommon is 20% and Rare is 10%.

Since Common reward has 5 different items, assume the chance to roll scintillant is 20%.

Then the drop rate to get scintillant will be 0.7 X 0.2=0.14.    

Of course, the numbers above is not the actual numbers in the game, but you get the idea.

The way they design the drop table is totally radiculous.  The chance to get the particular common reward may even be harder than getting a rare reward.

Your reasonable artificial numbers give a 14% drop rate for scintillant, even if it was only 5% I am sure myself and many others would have a few scintillant from the very many T2 bounties done rather than the zero that we have.

The drop rates are clearly screwed, I should have an equal chance of getting scintillant as 600 endo but I am finding that 50% of T2 bounties give 600 endo and 100% give no scintillant.

It is annoying that DE have not released official (individual item) drop rate figures for Deimos like they do for most updates. Equally annoying is that they won't admit there is a problem with T2 bounties, they just try to push us into isolation bounties to get scintillant.

It is very missleading but before the patch 2 days ago I had 0 scintillant and was rank 3 in both factions + really depressed. Since then I had a scintillant drop from mech one per run on average(or close to it), so with a booster I was able to cap my scintillants needs in 8 runs(the mech, xaku and the new weapon). I never seen scintillant in the nature, it was all loots. Bring a Necros, it is not likely to give you extra scintillants but it's a possibility.

I believe that on average you can except 1 drop every 30-40mn doing iso runs, not factoring the natural spawns that actually never happened to me.

The least bonus vaults and the more you perform proper chains(6 mechs chains), the faster you get scintillant. I also believe it is faster than T2 bounties on top of potentially looting things that are worth a efty amount of plat atm.

Hi,
How f**** rare is this material SCINTILLANT ??????
I have playd 2 days and have 0 drop its this normal???

You say you wanna have constructive feedback and yet you play dumb!
I understand grind but this you made its out of any comments i can make!
I hope you don't have a nice day

5 hours ago, alerusthyrumn said:

The hell you talking about? Nightwave is here to stay, and you can still earn and spend Nightwave creds even during Intermissions between each Nightwave series

He is partially right for the fact that between a season and an intermission there is a "pause" that is usually one week long if not more. During this you can't gain creds. It doesn't really affect anyone but newbies, but they find themselves without any catalysts, reactor, nitain and so on for a while, which is bad.

13 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

Doesn't help that they don't show up on the radar. I was also in a room with one trying to mark it unsuccessfully and nabbed it and told everyone about it but I was the only one who go it so it doesn't appear for everyone or if you grab it first then it's gone for anyone else. 

Do they really not show up on the Radar?

I saw a video on YouTupe where it really looks like they are marked on the Map.

I found one (did not check if it was on the map, because it was the first Iso Vault and  I did not know yet, what a pain it is to get them.
My Girlfriend could pick it up as well.

13 hours ago, Schwuuuuup said:

We did many Isolation Vaults and found just 1 Scintillant floating in the first one... nothing after that.

Most of the runs were only me and my friend, so not a full squad. 

No necromech ever dropped one. The droprate must be single digit or less.

I have to note that the run, where we got the Scintillant had a tilemap we never encountered afterwards --- so maybe there are tiles where they spawn at easy to get places and others where one can't find them.

Of all the Runs we did, we had about 4 different tiles. One came almost every single time, one a bit less often and two where one-ofs , one of them had the floating Scintillant in it.

One video on YouTube instructs one to not completely kill the Necromech before looking for Scintillant... does any one know if this is important?

To add one curiosity to my own post_

The Tile, that had the floating thingie in it allowed me to use my archwing, so I could fly eally easy up to it and collect it. in all other Vaults the Archwing is disabled. But I got this map only once, so I don*t know if it was just a glitch.

Considering the rarity of Scintillant after a couple of hours grinding with no reward I actually went to the market place to see if it was buyable for plat. I was actually surprised to see it wasn't there as the farm totally feels like something that would be added to a game as a soft cash block (you can farm the resource, but it's much easier and faster to buy it for real money, you know, Tencent style shenanigans)

I don't mind RNG in moderation, but a single guaranteed scintillant at the end of a vault cycle never mind each single vault would be a huge boost.

This is like the first iterations of Old Blood and Railjack all over again, does this company never learn from it's mistakes?

Like.. two days ago I would have said that you are all right. Scintillant was stupid rare (and stil is, when trying to get it by Bounties).
But they already tweaked the drop rate and fixed the "Necramech loot falling through the floor" issue.

So I've done like 10 T1 to T3 vault runs. And I've gotten 10 Scintillant drops. (Yes, we had a Nekros - but we had no Ressource Drop Chance Booster).
But getting one in each run is totally fine. We never saw a flying Scintillant, but maybe we didn't check careful enough.
And we have talk about it in my playgroup - like a lot. We all did vault runs and all of us (~10 people) always got like 1 per run. Maybe a little less. Most of the time in the third vault (which is just logical)

Without a Booster to double the pick up thats 1 in around an hour. Yes, that still isn't a great drop rate, but its totally ok, since DE removed the Scintillant from the Father Token cost. So you really only need 12 (at this moment).

Maybe DE just shouldn't have made that comparison to Cetus Wisps. CW are stupidly easy to farm and it usually takes around 2 minutes to run a kinda good route to get (at least) 2.
But people tend to overlook the fact, that you also need 127 to build every item, which requieres CW, at least once. (And since you need them for Amps makes you need even more.)
That is tenfold of how many Scintillant you need!

And maybe, just maybe, Scintillant is just so rare in Bounties in order to get people to do Isolation Vault runs as the primary source of aquiring Scintillant.

5 hours ago, Volcombrot said:

Like.. two days ago I would have said that you are all right. Scintillant was stupid rare (and stil is, when trying to get it by Bounties).
But they already tweaked the drop rate and fixed the "Necramech loot falling through the floor" issue.

So I've done like 10 T1 to T3 vault runs. And I've gotten 10 Scintillant drops. (Yes, we had a Nekros - but we had no Ressource Drop Chance Booster).
But getting one in each run is totally fine. We never saw a flying Scintillant, but maybe we didn't check careful enough.
And we have talk about it in my playgroup - like a lot. We all did vault runs and all of us (~10 people) always got like 1 per run. Maybe a little less. Most of the time in the third vault (which is just logical)

Without a Booster to double the pick up thats 1 in around an hour. Yes, that still isn't a great drop rate, but its totally ok, since DE removed the Scintillant from the Father Token cost. So you really only need 12 (at this moment).

Maybe DE just shouldn't have made that comparison to Cetus Wisps. CW are stupidly easy to farm and it usually takes around 2 minutes to run a kinda good route to get (at least) 2.
But people tend to overlook the fact, that you also need 127 to build every item, which requieres CW, at least once. (And since you need them for Amps makes you need even more.)
That is tenfold of how many Scintillant you need!

And maybe, just maybe, Scintillant is just so rare in Bounties in order to get people to do Isolation Vault runs as the primary source of aquiring Scintillant.

Listing it as a common drop reward then is just plain deceptive. 

Also Isolations arent good for everyone, since you need 4 people that can do a triple run and if one person , even a single person backs out, there goes the run, and you have to start over.

Its a crazy bad system.

11 hours ago, (PS4)whit4242 said:

Your reasonable artificial numbers give a 14% drop rate for scintillant, even if it was only 5% I am sure myself and many others would have a few scintillant from the very many T2 bounties done rather than the zero that we have.

The drop rates are clearly screwed, I should have an equal chance of getting scintillant as 600 endo but I am finding that 50% of T2 bounties give 600 endo and 100% give no scintillant.

It is annoying that DE have not released official (individual item) drop rate figures for Deimos like they do for most updates. Equally annoying is that they won't admit there is a problem with T2 bounties, they just try to push us into isolation bounties to get scintillant.

I totally agree with you.   The drop rate for T2 is screwed up and their idea to have 5 different items as Common reward is radiculous.

On 2020-08-29 at 4:50 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m sorry but no. Making the frame borderline unattainable just to push people to buy the frame and the weapon is the scummiest thing I’ve heard all week.

Basically what he said.

The 20 grandma token shard and scilliant are simply designed to push people into buying the bundle.

Clear as day.

So just wait a week, once DE gets some plat purchases they'll adjust the resource spawn/drop rates. 

In short : Patience.

10 hours ago, Schwuuuuup said:

Do they really not show up on the Radar?

I saw a video on YouTupe where it really looks like they are marked on the Map.

I found one (did not check if it was on the map, because it was the first Iso Vault and  I did not know yet, what a pain it is to get them.
My Girlfriend could pick it up as well.

It didn't for me but the game also still a bit buggy. First time I saw one I had no idea what it was and tried shooting it thinking it was tie to a puzzle and grabbed it without thinking and thought "So that's what those look like". I had tried marking it for everyone multiple times but couldn't and grabbed it everyone else said they couldn't see it. Second time I saw one I actually looked at my map and didn't see a marker. If I see one again -_- which I doubt, I'll try to remember and check once more.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Kconvey:

Listing it as a common drop reward then is just plain deceptive. 

True. I still think you have like an 80% chance to get a common drop, but the common drops themselves don't have the same propability to get. So yeah. It is deceptive.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Kconvey:

Also Isolations arent good for everyone, since you need 4 people that can do a triple run and if one person , even a single person backs out, there goes the run, and you have to start over.

Its a crazy bad system.

Why are you not able to complete the Vault T2 or 3 with less than 4 people? O.ô
I have done T2 solo without any real problems. And since you only want to kill the Necramech it doesn't really matter how many Infected enemies will spawn.
Also - LfG Channel isn't that bad. It works perfectly fine for T3 vault runs. 

I still think a "Do all three vaults" Bounty would be nice, but thats like pure quality of life, if you are willing to invest some time, searching for 3 squad members.Usually doesn't even take 5min.

10 hours ago, Kconvey said:

So its still not dropping on bounties?

Yes, just very rarely. I finally farmed 5 of them to build my last Xaku part, and had around 2200 Mother tokens as a result of farming the bounties.

I’m not even going to bother with the weapon patterns that I’ve already got, until they adjust the ridiculous drop rate.

On 2020-08-29 at 1:21 PM, Oryana said:

You guys are getting Scintillant? I've been playing every day since the update came out, running isolation vaults and have never seen one drop 🤔

I had just enough to build the mech, xaku and for something else I forgot.The drop rate is insanely low.
It drops more in the vaults(T3) then on the common second bounty, tho.

Archived