Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea To Ultimately Stop Rushers

inferniel

Warframe is a great game, but we all know that RUSHERS ruin it for the rest of us that want to enjoy the game as the DEVELOPERS have intended. Warframe is based on TEAM WORK.

If rushers get to extraction and won't get off the pad to allow the other team members to get there the one thing that would stop this completely is a "MISSION FAILED" for leaving a man behind. This means you get nothing for the mission (No mods, no credits, no resources, no EXPERIENCE, and no credit toward unlocking the next mission) as if the mission was never run. This would encourage EVERYONE to make sure that all members of the party make it through the mission...LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND!

If the man behind dies and has run out of revives, this should be an exception.

Developers, you guys are doing an awesome job with the game thus far. I do urge you to think about this idea.

Thank you.

Exploring isn't rewarding enough???? I have leveled three times faster for exploring because you break open chests you get AFFINITY ORBS that level your frame and weapons. You get Nav Coords out the Rhino pipe. You get credits and MODS too!.....so if you aren't getting rewards that means you are not bothering to open chests or lockers......also LAG is of no one's control....so you need patience, young one, since it is not the fault of anyone else since LAG can be caused by several things (server processing lag, connection to server lag, ISP lag, NETWORK lag, client side lag, etc. etc.)

Exploring isn't rewarding enough???? I have leveled three times faster for exploring because you break open chests you get AFFINITY ORBS that level your frame and weapons. You get Nav Coords out the Rhino pipe. You get credits and MODS too!.....so if you aren't getting rewards that means you are not bothering to open chests or lockers......also LAG is of no one's control....so you need patience, young one, since it is not the fault of anyone else since LAG can be caused by several things (server processing lag, connection to server lag, ISP lag, NETWORK lag, client side lag, etc. etc.)

100 affinity per orb is a joke, its literally 1 or few enemies depending on their level.

Nav cords are very common no reason to hunt them unless you're hellbent to finishing mutagen researches

Patience? I often get hosts that teleport across 2 rooms with ping limit set to 200, it's not going to cut it someone will get left behind eventually.

Young one? Is that you Deckard Cain?

Edited by Morgax

100 affinity is very null compared to killing mobs past level 30.  the problem is that indeed it is nearly pointless to go out of your way to find treasure rooms, because all you'll receive is an affinity/health/energy orb, some creds and the occasional resource.  its nothing like the void where you have chances of finding mods, which does slow people down.

That being said, having them fail is a horrid idea.  there are people who intentionally stay at the back to farm xp from your work, there are people who afk.  A much sounder idea is allowing them to extract and continue on their merry way while you can stay and play at your leisure.

or you could find a group to run with like a clan. and in most pub games that i have played there hasn't been more than one rusher in a four man, so the countdown never starts.

so if your having a major problem with getting rushers in pub groups either find a clan or find a group in the recruiting chat. not that hard guys.

so if i got all stuff maxed, 2m credits, 2,5k mods and 200k nanospores i must go explore saturn with you? for what reason tell me pls

Read post, smh. OP you lack the understanding that this game revolves around "the grind." If gameplay itself was more dynamic, more mods dropped from containers, and affinity wasn't a waste of time, people wouldn't rush to the end of a mission. Your concept to implement this, "no man left behind," idea is asinine because it punishes everyone. 

Solution to your attitude "VOTE TO KICK"...DONE!

if this ever gets added i would make it my soul dute to waste as many ppls time as i can (sit at the start and talk to clan or play other games)

if this ever gets added i would make it my soul dute to waste as many ppls time as i can (sit at the start and talk to clan or play other games)

As a (usually) non-rusher myself, I share your concerns.

But the fact is that a lot (it seems to me most people) do prefer to rush. Rather than penalize them, perhaps a better way would be  to incentivise non-rush gameplay (guaranteed rare mod for getting through an entire mission using stealth play and not getting detected, for example).

I wish there were a way to allow both play styles to play alongside each other. Specifically, I wish that people could chose to extract at will, no matter what the mission type (currently, this is only allowable on defense missions, where it is arguably the least useful due to the viability of soloing defense missions at the higher levels).

If some guy wants to get in there, kill a boss, grab his rewards and rush out, fine. But don't let him trigger a timer at extraction. Granted, the boss would be dead by the time any non-rushers get to it, and that would suck.  But I would prefer that to the current situation which has a lot of outnumbered non-rushers like you and me getting irate messages on squad chat and ultimately missing out on the end of mission credits. 

This would be even way better when it comes to survival missions: I am the type who wants to go a lonnnnnggg time on survival. And even when I go through the recruitment channel, specifically seeking like-minded looooonnng haul survivors, almost invariably my group wants to bail before me.

So let them bail, I say! I will extract when i'm good and ready (typically when there is only truly no possible hope of getting an additional life support).

Make the game play fun and not so grind involved and players won't want to rush.

Simple as that.

HOLY S#&$, Somebody that knows how to fix the rushing problem. And here I thought suggestions like these were not ever thought of.

Although, because it lacks something to draw players back without something to work towards. The only way non-pvp games can ever sustain is to add new content (world of warcraft), ways to self sustain (portal 2's mapmakers), or have gameplay that is so addicting at its core you can never stop. (tetris). Otherwise they always have an end and the playerbase dies. DE needs to decide which path it wants to take, because atm they advertise the 3rd when they are actually focusing on the 1st.

The affinity isn't worth all the time it takes to get to chests, nav coords can be obtained easily, the credits are so low again not worth it, and I don't know anyone who has gotten a mod from a chest or container besides the void

As a (usually) non-rusher myself, I share your concerns.

But the fact is that a lot (it seems to me most people) do prefer to rush. Rather than penalize them, perhaps a better way would be  to incentivise non-rush gameplay (guaranteed rare mod for getting through an entire mission using stealth play and not getting detected, for example).

I wish there were a way to allow both play styles to play alongside each other. Specifically, I wish that people could chose to extract at will, no matter what the mission type (currently, this is only allowable on defense missions, where it is arguably the least useful due to the viability of soloing defense missions at the higher levels).

If some guy wants to get in there, kill a boss, grab his rewards and rush out, fine. But don't let him trigger a timer at extraction. Granted, the boss would be dead by the time any non-rushers get to it, and that would suck.  But I would prefer that to the current situation which has a lot of outnumbered non-rushers like you and me getting irate messages on squad chat and ultimately missing out on the end of mission credits. 

This would be even way better when it comes to survival missions: I am the type who wants to go a lonnnnnggg time on survival. And even when I go through the recruitment channel, specifically seeking like-minded looooonnng haul survivors, almost invariably my group wants to bail before me.

So let them bail, I say! I will extract when i'm good and ready (typically when there is only truly no possible hope of getting an additional life support).

I like your idea. If RUSHERS want to extract, let them, change the extraction to allow indivuals to leave without forcing the others to leave and end the timer at the end. Great idea!

Everytime i see someone whos 1st post on forums is about rushers i simply dont know what to do, ignore it?? laugh?? rage at them??

But ok lets explain how this works. There are only few mission types which can be rushed and these are played mostly by new guys, after you reach some point you will be mostly running mob def for exp and resources, voids for primes, survivals for mods and resources and some def for god knows why cause latter ones simply give more. Pls dont expect everyone to be so understanding about you wanting to play these few missions without rushing cause someone else might be wanting to get to big guys faster. At some point sooner or later it will be mainly about teamwork or sportlike rivalry.