Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech (and how to get XP/Levels/Affinity) 50+ Different Bugs (Updated for Hotfix 29.0.6)

KillerXDIZ

Not sure if I should see this as a bug but dont try to kill the necramech with your mech in turret mode you will scale his shroud armor into the millions (source: my stupid ass) also if you try to reverse this to get million armor ur game crashes so yeah

12 hours ago, Gobkins said:

Also, very often, when I get killed in my necramech, I can't do anything beside move while in spoiler mode. I can't shoot, I can't jump, I can't go back to my warframe. Only solution is to get killed.

10 hours ago, shadowstormr said:

• Not sure if this is a mech related bug or operator related but sometimes exiting mech or going into operator mode will result in all controls getting frozen, UI becomes unresponsive - only solution is getting operator killed.Have only observed this is deimos so far.

Added these

I'm also testing plenty of others to get pictures and such.

10 hours ago, H.Katsura_999 said:

Also using the mech might remove all the loot you've gathered in the mission. You still get the end of mission rewards but not the loot you picked up.

qJ12VQR.png

I lost all my minerals...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I was a client in this game.

I've done some testing and this seems to be only a visual bug. But i've got the feeling this happened to me and wasn't just visual. Will need DE to check this.

We seen to be actually lossing what we gathered in the mission, need confirmation if this is related with necramech.

12 hours ago, shadowstormr said:

Using a revive results in all xp loss on mech

Added

2 hours ago, Volhaiksong said:

Not sure if I should see this as a bug but dont try to kill the necramech with your mech in turret mode you will scale his shroud armor into the millions (source: my stupid ass) also if you try to reverse this to get million armor ur game crashes so yeah

This happens because shroud armor works in a very similar way to Rhino/Nezha armor and if we add the bug that makes the turret mode make ludicrous amounts of damage (Bug 20) it can result in "Infinite" armor. Not exactly a bug, but the result of bugs.

I'm not sure Bug 14 is unintentional. The Necromech has animations for interacting with a few objects, so it seems intentional. It can, for instance, interact with the Bait Station during Isolation Vault bounties. It's capable of taking, carrying and even throwing the bait with its own throw animation.

However, almost everything else has buggy interactions. Picking up anything (datamass, batteries, etc.) actually puts it into the hands of the Warframe. Jumping out of the Necramech and recalling the Warframe will show it swapped to a secondary weapon and holding the item. If the Necramech is able to pick up and throw Bait, it should be able to pick up, carry and apply batteries/datamass, etc. as well.

*edit*

Also, customising the Voidrig's Exalted Weapon behaves oddly. Mousing over colours also recolours the Necramech. Clicking a colour returns the Necramech to its previous colour and only saves the colour on the Exalted Weapon. It seems like the preview script is catching the Necramech as something to preview customisation on, when it shouldn't be.

46 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I'm not sure Bug 14 is unintentional. The Necromech has animations for interacting with a few objects, so it seems intentional. It can, for instance, interact with the Bait Station during Isolation Vault bounties. It's capable of taking, carrying and even throwing the bait with its own throw animation.

However, almost everything else has buggy interactions. Picking up anything (datamass, batteries, etc.) actually puts it into the hands of the Warframe. Jumping out of the Necramech and recalling the Warframe will show it swapped to a secondary weapon and holding the item. If the Necramech is able to pick up and throw Bait, it should be able to pick up, carry and apply batteries/datamass, etc. as well.

*edit*

Also, customising the Voidrig's Exalted Weapon behaves oddly. Mousing over colours also recolours the Necramech. Clicking a colour returns the Necramech to its previous colour and only saves the colour on the Exalted Weapon. It seems like the preview script is catching the Necramech as something to preview customisation on, when it shouldn't be.

Added the bug you've mentioned and added more information for Bug 14. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, KillerXDIZ said:

Added the bug you've mentioned and added more information for Bug 14. Thanks!

Thank you kindly for keeping this posted. A slight update on Bug 14 after some additional testing. Necramech interactions can skip the "hacking" minigame. When doing a Grineer Drone bounty on the Plains of Eidolon, the player needs to hack the drone before it's able to move. Interacting with the drone while piloting a Necramech immediately activates it, entirely skipping the hack. I believe the same is the case with the Ostron Prisoner, but I'm having trouble getting a prisoner bounty to spawn. The Prisoner normally requires a hack, but the Necramech should be able to skip that as well.

• TYPE: In game
  • DESCRIPTION: After exiting Necramech, Wisp loses special animations
  • VISUAL: Warframes with special animations (Wisp in my case) stop using their special animations and instead they use default dodge/running animations.

• REPRODUCTION: Unknown. After exiting Necramech. During Isolations Vaults. (Entering Archwing might fix this but it's dosen't happen 100% of the time). Testing it right now in Cetus, might happen if i'm not the host.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Wisp (and probably other Warframes that use special animations lose their special animations like dodge/running animations.).
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Unknown

3 hours ago, m3stuart said:
  • TYPE: In game
  • DESCRIPTION: After exiting Necramech, Wisp loses special animations
  • VISUAL: Warframes with special animations (Wisp in my case) stop using their special animations and instead they use default dodge/running animations.

• REPRODUCTION: Unknown. After exiting Necramech. During Isolations Vaults. (Entering Archwing might fix this but it's dosen't happen 100% of the time). Testing it right now in Cetus, might happen if i'm not the host.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Wisp (and probably other Warframes that use special animations lose their special animations like dodge/running animations.).
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Unknown

I've managed to reproduce this bug twice in a single mission with Titania. Added to the list. Thanks!

Added more bugs and visuals to previous bugs.

Also added the Bug Gobkins mentioned earlier.

4 hours ago, thetoy323 said:

Necramech level still revert when summoning. even I extract with necramech, its level still revert to 1 when I summon.

Did you follow all the points stated in the "Guide"? If at least one of them is not done you will losse affinity based on the tests. However if you done everything and still didn't get affinity, this could be a new bug or something else.

Not sure if I can classify this as a gameplay bug, as it seems to be intentional, but it's something the UI does not reflect: Having any heavy weapon equipped on your Necramech will cause it to restore ammo at a rate of approximately 1.2 per second. Regardless of ammo capacity. The practical upshot of this is that, with a weapon such as the Mausalon that comes with the mech, you can reload the entire magazine of 300 in about 1-2 seconds when carrying it with your Archgun Deployer, while your Necramech might take well over a minute to replenish its ammo one single bullet at a time, despite the UI showing the same 2.0 value under Reload. As I said, I'm pretty sure this is an intended feature (to prevent Necramechs from being able to fire endlessly,) but seriously, even in Archwing, these weapons refill very rapidly, while a Necramech takes ages. As far as the weaponry goes, this makes it almost pointless to drive a Necramech to use them.

Trying to apply Forma or Swap Polarity on the Voidrig Exalted Weapon is all sorts of broken. Attempting to do so will display a the "Your account has not been charged." error suggesting that the action has not been carried out. Indeed, the UI will show no changes whatsoever. However, backing out to the Arsenal and hitting Upgrade on the Exalted Weapon again will show that the new polarisation change HAS been carried out. Any mod changes made after the attempted polarisation, however, have not been saved and must be performed again.

In essence, changing polarities on the Voidrig Exalted Weapon throws and error, but it happens anyway. I speculate that something about how Necramech Exalted Weapons are implemented throws a "nuisance error" message which locks the modding temporarily, but is otherwise harmless.

I don't have any images/videos but I just found out that even if you are the host and stay in the vault next to or piloting your necra and let the extraction time expire, you don't get any affinity. However, your necra weapons will rank up still. 

Also, ARQUEBEX will eat up your formas!!! I tried it twice and I lost them. It doesn't work at all.

*I apologize if this was reported while/before I posted it.*

1 hour ago, Triclyde said:

Not sure if I can classify this as a gameplay bug, as it seems to be intentional, but it's something the UI does not reflect: Having any heavy weapon equipped on your Necramech will cause it to restore ammo at a rate of approximately 1.2 per second. Regardless of ammo capacity. The practical upshot of this is that, with a weapon such as the Mausalon that comes with the mech, you can reload the entire magazine of 300 in about 1-2 seconds when carrying it with your Archgun Deployer, while your Necramech might take well over a minute to replenish its ammo one single bullet at a time, despite the UI showing the same 2.0 value under Reload. As I said, I'm pretty sure this is an intended feature (to prevent Necramechs from being able to fire endlessly,) but seriously, even in Archwing, these weapons refill very rapidly, while a Necramech takes ages. As far as the weaponry goes, this makes it almost pointless to drive a Necramech to use them.

It's does also bother me that it takes forever for the Necramech to "reload" his weapon, specially considering the Mausolon is his signature weapon.

34 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Trying to apply Forma or Swap Polarity on the Voidrig Exalted Weapon is all sorts of broken. Attempting to do so will display a the "Your account has not been charged." error suggesting that the action has not been carried out. Indeed, the UI will show no changes whatsoever. However, backing out to the Arsenal and hitting Upgrade on the Exalted Weapon again will show that the new polarisation change HAS been carried out. Any mod changes made after the attempted polarisation, however, have not been saved and must be performed again.

In essence, changing polarities on the Voidrig Exalted Weapon throws and error, but it happens anyway. I speculate that something about how Necramech Exalted Weapons are implemented throws a "nuisance error" message which locks the modding temporarily, but is otherwise harmless.

Made some tests and got some Visuals, however im not entirely sure our results are the same, even considering both had negative effects.

30 minutes ago, Ccrion said:

I don't have any images/videos but I just found out that even if you are the host and stay in the vault next to or piloting your necra and let the extraction time expire, you don't get any affinity. However, your necra weapons will rank up still. 

Also, ARQUEBEX will eat up your formas!!! I tried it twice and I lost them. It doesn't work at all.

*I apologize if this was reported while/before I posted it.*

Taking into account that your Arquebex, Steel_Rook Arquebex and my Arquebex showed different problems when using a Forma, this bug may be more complicated than it seems at first.

I tested your bug 2 and i believe it is visual. I tested by killing in mech and visually gaining exp in the mission report. I would leave into operator form and then return to mech and the mission report listing would be gone, but I would kill more anyways. Then I would leave to operator, return to warframe, then from warframe return to mech. The mech would reappear on the mission report and it would have additional exp. The final mission report from returning to fortuna matched before i entered as well, both took me to rank 11 with bonus exp

28 minutes ago, KillerXDIZ said:

Taking into account that your Arquebex, Steel_Rook Arquebex and my Arquebex showed different problems when using a Forma, this bug may be more complicated than it seems at first.

That may well be inconsistent, yes. Chances are the issue is either entirely or partially controlled by connection issues with DE's account server or some weird interaction with it. That would make it hard to pin down. For reference - Moa Pets didn't allow Swap Polarity for the longest time with the "Your account has not been charged." bug up until at one point that didn't happen. I'll try swapping polarities around again and update if I have new information.

3 hours ago, RyanCooper101 said:

Ammo regen in your necramech is RIDICULOUSLY SLOW

Use a necramech you find laying on deimos and then compare it to the ammo regen on your crafted one, its like 5 bullets a second

I've done what you asked and made the comparison. Indeed the ammo regen (considering that in theory both are the same weapon) was insanely higher and very similar to archwing.

6 hours ago, Triclyde said:

The voidrig seems to be hardsetting bullets/sec that are regenerated. Not sure if it's a bug.

3 hours ago, Drail_ said:

I tested your bug 2 and i believe it is visual. I tested by killing in mech and visually gaining exp in the mission report. I would leave into operator form and then return to mech and the mission report listing would be gone, but I would kill more anyways. Then I would leave to operator, return to warframe, then from warframe return to mech. The mech would reappear on the mission report and it would have additional exp. The final mission report from returning to fortuna matched before i entered as well, both took me to rank 11 with bonus exp

This is correct. I've run some tests and the loss of affinity from entering the Necramech with the operator seems to be a visual bug. I've tried to see if other affinity bugs like "Revive", "Despawn" and "Host only" were only visual also, however they seem to get rid of all your experience. Still, nice find, i'll update this one shortly.

I've encountered Bug 27 twice now, once on Deimos in vault run and once on Orb Vallis in free roam, in both cases I was in a necramech and I press tab and the screen shows no xp/loot. Both times I enters operator mode and tries to summon my warframe by pressing 5 in an open area but it would show the effect of being unable to do so and I can only go back to the mech and enter it

I finish the mission and would only receive the bounty items for the vault run and nothing for free roam, both times my mech didn't gain any xp but I couldn't confirm if I received the loot from pickups

10 hours ago, (PS4)Danny-Nukem said:

And we don't get the extra affinity with a booster 😕 don't know if it was listed. But yeah, lost 6 levels cuz of this buggy stuff 😕 

It seems that PS4 users are experiencing different bugs to PC users as seem in other topics. Not all PS4 Bugs are likely to be show here and not all bugs listed here may show in the PS4.

Sorry if it was already there but to add another visual bug:
Whenever you go about modding the necramech on 2590x1080 the HUD for it is stretched instead of adjusted for the Ultrawide screen.
This will always happen when you try to upgrade the necramech or your equiped necramech weapon/Arquebex. If you try to upgrade the same weapon in either the heavy weapon slot or Tenno loadout for archwing it acts as normal.

Happens in both Necralisk Hub and Orbiter.

Spoiler

77f6337ee500ffc4b24d5026811cdb08.jpg

Archived