Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mouse Macros?

Trainer772

I bind the second key for "fire weapon" to K. I then made a macro so that as long as I'm holding the middle mouse button down it will constantly press K with no delay. This is extremely useful for sidearms that aren't fully auto such as akbolto and acrid. Specifically with the akbolto since it has a 10/sec firerate that is impossible to accomplish without a macro such as this. In fact, using this macro makes the akbolto easily the second best sidearm in the game as the DPS is significantly higher than any other sidearm with exception to the acrid. Good luck ^^

Edited by Blinxo

I bind the second key for "fire weapon" to K. I then made a macro so that as long as I'm holding the middle mouse button down it will constantly press K with no delay. This is extremely useful for sidearms that aren't fully auto such as akbolto and acrid. Specifically with the akbolto since it has a 10/sec firerate that is impossible to accomplish without a macro such as this. In fact, using this macro makes the akbolto easily the second best sidearm in the game as the DPS is significantly higher than any other sidearm with exception to the acrid. Good luck ^^

What macro do you use?

What macro do you use?

It sounds like he sets his in game alternate button (in the keybinds menu) to k (smart!), then probably set one of his mouse buttons to hit K. If you don't have a fancy mouse, Idk what I'd do, but AutoHotKey is probably the most advanced macroing program, though it can be a little daunting to learn how to use.

Edited by VegetableBasket

I would love to know how to do this with my acrid... feels like i have carpal when i use it -.-

I would love to know how to do this with my acrid... feels like i have carpal when i use it -.-

Personally a fairly decent way is to bind the "fire weapon" key is onto your Scroll wheel down direction. This will make fully-auto weapons turn into semi, but semi-auto weapons, fully automatic.

Still, I'll have to dabble with a macro though. I'll have to get a program one of these days.

Edited by Zeus154

and yeah steve said they're allowed

do you have a source for this?  i have a logitech g600 and just watched a youtube on how to do this.  i wanna make sure its ok and not going to get me banned before i start actually using it in game.

Personally a fairly decent way is to bind the "fire weapon" key is onto your Scroll wheel down direction. This will make fully-auto weapons turn into semi, but semi-auto weapons, fully automatic.

Still, I'll have to dabble with a macro though. I'll have to get a program one of these days.

I didn't bind scroll down to fire because it was far more uncomfortable than just setting up a macro and pressing one of the alternate mouse buttons.

Basically all you need to do is find a macroing program, figure out how to set a specific key (k for me) to repeat without delay as long as you hold the "activation" key down (in my case that is my mouse 3 or clicking the mouse wheel) and set the alternative keybind for fire to an unused key (k in my instance).

Macro is allowed in this game. However, im highly against anyone who uses it. 

Why? How does it affect you?

I mean other than comfortability, the only real effect is that doing this changes akbolto from a mediocre sidearm to 2nd best in the game which IMO matches the requirements to build more accurately. As it is right now (without using the macro) akbolto is way too expensive for what it's worth.

In all respect this is not very different than changing keybinds. I mean if you're a purist than even changing keybinds or setting keyboard hotkeys to a mouse hotkey would not be acceptable. 

I do however think that in a game like GW2 for example macroing is very wrong and is strictly prohibited by Anet. To me, it's a case by case basis.

Edited by Blinxo

I mean other than comfortability, the only real effect is that doing this changes akbolto from a mediocre sidearm to 2nd best in the game which IMO matches the requirements to build more accurately. As it is right now (without using the macro) akbolto is way too expensive for what it's worth.

akbolto was always good

just that barely anyone bothers because it's semi-auto. too bad everyone's lazy and can't click at all

I thought Autohotkey was banned? Although I'm constantly running a script with it to disable the annoying "resize the desktop's icon size with mouse weel", and I never got banned.

In all respect this is not very different than changing keybinds. I mean if you're a purist than even changing keybinds would not be acceptable. 

I do however think that in a game like GW2 for example macroing is very wrong and is strictly prohibited by Anet. To me, it's a case by case basis.

It's basically bug-using. They are too short on people to add a cooldown to fire events in their code. So that even if you spam 400 fire events per second it will still not exceed the weapon's fire rate.

Playur after 2-4 hour long defences spamming acrid my hand is in so much pain :l, thats why i might just consider using the dual vipers again as they are fully auto

Dual Vipers suck, get the Twin Gremlins.

akbolto was always good

just that barely anyone bothers because it's semi-auto. too bad everyone's lazy and can't click at all

Despair, Hikou, Acrid, Gremlins are better for the average player. If you a seasoned 200 apm SC pro maybe that would be different but It's not a matter of laziness it's a matter of how many times a person can click a second (and sustain that). 

It's basically bug-using. They are too short on people to add a cooldown to fire events in their code. So that even if you spam 400 fire events per second it will still not exceed the weapon's fire rate.

It's actually not bug using. There is no bug. The akbolto will fire up to 10 shots per second. The only retraint is that of human capability which can be augmented with a macro. A bug would be if the weapon was supposed to semi auto fire a maximum of 3 shots/sec but when spamming more than that it would actually increase the fire rate of the weapon. There is a clear distinction here and one I think is very important to understand.

To be honest the devs never should have put a semi fire weapon in the game that has more attacks per second than is humanly possible to 99% if not 100% of players. 

Edited by Blinxo

In all respect this is not very different than changing keybinds. I mean if you're a purist than even changing keybinds or setting keyboard hotkeys to a mouse hotkey would not be acceptable. 

I kinda agree with him. While one end - I never had any issue firing my akbolto's manually, I guess I can understand those who can't rapidly click their mouse button. Tho they should use full auto weapons if they can't manage... Being able to turn a semi into full auto should have downsides. Semi autos should behave differently, not just differ on "click click" or "click hold". Give it a slower rate of fire, more barrel climb per shot and increased spread as the weapon is constantly fired.

It's actually not bug using. There is no bug. The akbolto will fire up to 10 shots per second. The only retraint is that of human capability which can be augmented with a macro. A bug would be if the weapon was supposed to semi auto fire a maximum of 3 shots/sec but when spamming more than that it would actually increase the fire rate of the weapon. There is a clear distinction here and one I think is very important to understand.

To be honest the devs never should have put a semi fire weapon in the game that has more attacks per second than is humanly possible to 99% if not 100% of players. 

dual vastos shoot faster than akbolto

still need maxed gunslinger to shoot without the stupid firecap holding my clicks back

This is the only macro you (might) ever need. It's a nice break on the finger. Mine is currently:

Left mouse down

Left mouse up

With repeat options "While Pressed" on a delay of "20 ms" set on the extra button.

Using a logitech g40 I believe, of course the game won't let you click 50 times a second as shown here (20 ms), I just left it default. Although be warned you will burn through ammo and have many lost shots if you do this.

I gave AHK another shot and made it rapidly tap LMB whenever I have scroll wheel pressed down. My mouse's scroll wheel is a tad hard to press, but I guess I'm all set.

I'm iffy about actually changing my LMB to the macro, since it would make it difficult to charge bows and snipers, use the ogris/ignis, and click through the UI.

Edited by Trainer772

Nah, making a system that accepts so much fire events per second (= virtual clicks per second) most likely isn't a bug.

It's totally intended to let me unload the full magazine of my <whatever> in a second with a bit of scripting or a 50$ gaming mouse (or better) to insta-gib whatever mob. Because that's totally fair, it totally makes sense in-game and totally rewards skilled players.

/sarcasm

Yes it's a bug, most likely a limitation of the game engine and they don't feel like spending the time to fix it (because it would be complex, probably), but this does not make it any less lame.

Edited by bobafetthotmail