Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Mods For The Boar?

VenomHazard

To be honest, the boar sucks above lvl 60 enemies. I love the boar, but it's realy bad. But if you intend to use it, just use mods that increase reload speed and magazine size, also include AP mods, dmg mods and fire rate mods ( can't rember the name of the mods ).

Using hell's chamber doesn't hurt either. But seriosly, just drop it when you get it to 30, or just use it for infested. 'cuse that's it's only real use.

Well for now focus on AP damage and raw damage, until they rework the armour system.

Flechette, Point Blank, Hells Chamber and Accelerated Blast (a fairly common nightmare mod).

Then fire for infested, shock for corpus, etc.

I like the gun, but it's currently a bit weak on higher levels no matter what you do to it.

This may change with armour 2.0 but I'm afraid the lack of range is the killer for this gun.

A good tactic is Loki / Ash - Go invisible run up and unload a whole clip in a heavies face, works every time.

Like Egg_chen says, mod it for damage per shot and get as close in as possible (last I used it the thing had almost no spread if close enough).

Its firerate and magazine size is good enough, although you may wanna slap a reload speed mod if you can spare the points.

The sell mod.

Until we have a new system,using anything non-armor ignore has no point except XP

Get HEK instead if you want a shotgun

Strun Wraith... Oh wait.

But a good alternative is the Sobek, if you want 20-rounds of fully automatic goodness.

boarprime_zps179f1af3.jpg

this is my setup, but i blew a bit of forma.  minus the crit mods and add more ele damage/shotgun spaz for normal boar.  this build works for me for anything below lvl 100, anything higher and you start to feel the lack of armor ignore.  knowing where to aim goes a long way ie weak spots on ancients etc.

Edited by Alohoe

Boar is a good gun (Third highest shotgun in DPS after Strun Wraith and Boar Prime), you just need to put in the right mod.

Put the mods in this order while you are levelling it. You can skip to the next mod if you lack that current mod.

Flechette - Point blank -- Accelerated Blast - Blaze - Hell chamber

Other 3 mods are up to you, just don't use the crit mods will do

Edited by Definitegj