Oxylus sentinel not applying dye

Question

I just went out to fish in the Plains of Eidolon and realised that the Oxylus sentinel stopped applying dye to the fishes. Does anyone else have the same problem?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Is this why my helius doesn't scan plants anymore automatically?

Helios has never scanned Plants, only Enemies, Fragments, Objects and Animals.

6 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Can do. 👍 

I'm on PC so conditions may differ.  This is my just scan stuff and no killing.

Thanks, didn't work, couldn't duplicate the config exactly (not enough forma), but worth a go. 

This is a pain for me as I can't readily use the bait. I don't have access to the ability menu on my standard controller layout because I don't use the default layout. 

On 2020-09-19 at 1:09 AM, (NSW)SongOfTheSea said:

Its bugged Oxylus highlights in deimos but the other two it does not apply

After reading your post I went and re-tested mine in the other two open worlds of Orb Vallis and Plains Of Eidolon, Oxylus is working in them both, So all three open worlds mine works in.

DE will need to look at the code for the different platforms and see why it's broken for some. 

• Like 1

It seems to be pretty consistently bugged on all consoles, including PS4.  I even took off all mods except the "Scan Aquatic" one so there could be no possibility of ability interference, but it just does not work on Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon.  From what I can tell it was like this for PC for a while...rather than address the issue they'll probably ignore the issue until the updates for console catch up to PC, at which point it will "mysteriously" be resolved.  🤔