Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fastest way to level Helminth?

C-Core

So, I just got the helminth segment, and I got it to rank 2 by feeding it everything I could. Now it's full and can't eat again, unless I subsume a warframe which you can only do once per day. Some people already have maxed out helminths at rank 10. How on earth?

Also, while we're at it, are DE really making the helminth need loads of railjack resources so we actually go back and play that.... I literally have none of those resources.

19 minutes ago, C-Core said:

Now it's full and can't eat again, unless I subsume a warframe which you can only do once per day. Some people already have maxed out helminths at rank 10. How on earth?

Both subsuming warframes and infusing abilities cost resources. And you get experience for all 3 actions: feeding, infusing, subsuming.

2 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Both subsuming warframes and infusing abilities cost resources. And you get experience for all 3 actions: feeding, infusing, subsuming.

Ah, I see. So just keep spamming add and remove abilities so it uses up the resources to gain xp. Only annoying thing is, the only abilities I have atm are the helminth specific ones, and they all need so many railjack resources which I just dont have haha

1 hour ago, C-Core said:

are DE really making the helminth need loads of railjack resources so we actually go back and play that.... I literally have none of those resources.

you don't, but plenty of people who played railjack from it's (dreadful) launch do. Helminth is intended to act as a resource sink, something veteran players have been wanting for years: a way to finally get rid of endless stockpiles of common and uncommon resources that we would otherwise take a lifetime to use up. if you're someone with a maxed out railjack who kept doing anomalies for Shedu Parts, you'll have more resources for railjack than you actually need anyway. DE also said they wanted to connect different parts of the game together; now Helminth is connected to railjack.

bear in mind, Helminth was originally aimed at veteran players, ones who had these stockpiles. but then DE chickened out, made it "accessible" and now you just have MR8's who can access the system , but not use it because they don't have enough resources, so what exactly was the point in making it "accessible" in the first place?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you don't, but plenty of people who played railjack from it's (dreadful) launch do. Helminth is intended to act as a resource sink, something veteran players have been wanting for years: a way to finally get rid of endless stockpiles of common and uncommon resources that we would otherwise take a lifetime to use up. if you're someone with a maxed out railjack who kept doing anomalies for Shedu Parts, you'll have more resources for railjack than you actually need anyway. DE also said they wanted to connect different parts of the game together; now Helminth is connected to railjack.

bear in mind, Helminth was originally aimed at veteran players, ones who had these stockpiles. but then DE chickened out, made it "accessible" and now you just have MR8's who can access the system , but not use it because they don't have enough resources, so what exactly was the point in making it "accessible" in the first place?

"Now you have something to work towards." ~ Baro "ain't that some shi*t" Ki'tears

Just now, Kaotyke said:

"Now you have something to work towards." ~ Baro "ain't that some shi*t" Ki'tears

basically. but people respond to that in one of two ways: they either buck up and are motivated to work towards the goal, or they give up on it. I'd wager most people will do the latter anyway, so that makes it a waste of time, making it accessible to people who will take one look at the resource requirements, and then how many resources they are lacking, and say "f**k that". at MR15, most people have more than enough materials to build just about anything, so more people would have been able to jump into the system right away.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Yeah, I pretty much skipped out railjack when it launched cause it was just unplayable. Way too many bugs. I've been playing it a tonne since I made this post (Not using my own railjack of course), it's actually pretty fun tbf, aside from the fact that the amount of content in it is minimal, and the grind for repairing weapons is insane.

hace 5 horas, (PS4)robotwars7 dijo:

The problem its not that he needs Railjack resources .... the problem its that the amount its stupidly unbalanced , it takes you like 1000% more time to farm 1 feed of railjack resources than any other .

hace 52 minutos, Galuf dijo:

I think it won't get patched, I infused only a warframe and subsumed 2 and I'm already rank 4. There is no extra benefit rushing xp else than unlocking skills you'll get in less than a week anyway lol.

In less than a week the "mark" skill its going to be nerfed really hard xD , so if you want to have some fun with it you need to rush it haha .

I am not sure if this really is solved by "waiting". I won't have stockpiles of those rare resources suddenly a week or two later, or even a month. They take time. And I have been pretty diligent with collecting resources as is, am MR29 with everything but the new stuff maxed. But I will run out of bile resources very soon.

Maybe this is the system aimed at people who have always been running resource boosters. ^^ That would certainly have helped.

On 2020-08-29 at 7:14 PM, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Honestly I'm not gonna bother with that.. I'm fine with waiting for max rank, even if it takes weeks/months

But I wish we could speed up subsuming with plat ._. 

DE most likely wants us to not rush the Helminth system and be done with it in a few days (even though some people rushed the ranking up bit), so they want us to wait on warframes to be subsumed than having instant access to them. Don’t mind the waiting anyway. Have to grind and build 90% of the warframes again anyway cus i always sold my warframes when i got their prime variants, so i can start grinding and building frames as the helminth is busy consuming the frames i have spares of, or have finished building just to have Helminth consume.

On 2020-08-30 at 12:39 AM, C-Core said:

Yeah, I pretty much skipped out railjack when it launched cause it was just unplayable. Way too many bugs. I've been playing it a tonne since I made this post (Not using my own railjack of course), it's actually pretty fun tbf, aside from the fact that the amount of content in it is minimal, and the grind for repairing weapons is insane.

The grind to repair weapons isn't too bad - most of the resources are low tier ones, so you can just start a really low level Earth Proxima mission, finish it quickly, and then activate the Particle Ram ability and fly around the asteroids and debris field for a few minutes till you're satisfied/have cleared all lootables. You'll come out of it with resources hitting five digits even without a booster in most cases.

Obviously this works for farming RJ resources to feed your Helminth too. 🙂

1 hour ago, (PS4)TEKKENGOD420 said:

The biggest problem I have with it (other than the wonky cost of some resources) is that it costs resources to subsume a frame. I mean I’m literally feeding him a whole warframe, he should not need to eat resources to eat a frame. But that’s just my two cents.

Good point... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-08-31 at 9:17 AM, (PS4)TEKKENGOD420 said:

The biggest problem I have with it (other than the wonky cost of some resources) is that it costs resources to subsume a frame. I mean I’m literally feeding him a whole warframe, he should not need to eat resources to eat a frame. But that’s just my two cents.

The Helminth uses the secretions to help digest the subsumed warframe

• 4 weeks later...
En 31/8/2020 a las 9:06, Hokibukisa dijo:

Railjack is stupid easy now. If you haven’t gotten into it yet I can teach you a noob friendly load out that will clear a gian point in 5min or less solo, and 2 1/2 minutes with an awake artillery gunner.

I want to learn

Archived