Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech ability invincibility

--K--Sharkfin

As I Understand it, one of Octavia's abilities bounces damage back whereas Sol Gate just deals damage with what is effectively a damage-boosting debuff.
Given that the primary issue with the Necramechs is their outright invulnerability, I'd say Octavia's ability skips past the invuln but Wisp's doesn't.

I could be wrong about the details though, since I don't main either frame.

On 2020-08-29 at 7:19 AM, SHArK-FiN said:

I was testing some abilities against necramach. Surprisingly Octavia is able to melt Necramech just by sitting there but wisp's Sol Gate deals little to no damage.

What are the rules here?

I was researching about this recently, tell me, does Octavia's resonator atracts the Necramech's attention even when you are visible?

I could use it as a decoy while destroying the necramech from behind.

Man, we need to see if other abilities work on those creepy mechs. 

Also shooting it a few times with your Operator seems to shut off the reflector shields...but sometimes it shuts off in one shot and sometimes it takes 3-4 of them.

...And this is not even remotely communicated to the player in any way shape or form, which is par for the course with DE.

28 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Also shooting it a few times with your Operator seems to shut off the reflector shields...but sometimes it shuts off in one shot and sometimes it takes 3-4 of them.

...And this is not even remotely communicated to the player in any way shape or form, which is par for the course with DE.

wait what? will try. sometimes i stood around for like 5 minutes waiting for it to be vulnerable. for some reason it eventually always turned off. will try this.

Sometimes the Necramech's Storm Shroud is not shut off by Operator Amp shots. You are punished with ability nullification if you use Void Dash. If Operator disables Storm Shroud but dies before transferring back into Warframe, Necramech has Storm Shroud up again (very consistent... maybe the Necramech just recasted it?).

Even in the absence of Storm Shroud, Necramech still arbitrarily ignores damage. You can see normal colored HP bars and unload on the thing and still see grey 0 damage numbers.

20 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

wait what? will try. sometimes i stood around for like 5 minutes waiting for it to be vulnerable. for some reason it eventually always turned off. will try this.

It has been working for me, but apparently it seems to be buggy for others, so take it with a grain of salt.

49 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Yeah, at first I waited off the duration by running around, but one time I thought F it and shot my stropha.. to my surprise, depending on where I aim I guess (idk where exactly), the invulnerability stops after a few shots.. idk why, or how.. but it works so far.. killed a few dozen 🙂

Though, I hope DE buffs the mechs 🙂 no Warframe ability should affect them 😈

The Necramech shield works similarly to Iron Skin. It has a health pool, and damage taken after casting it during it's invulnerability adds to it's health pool. 

I know for a fact that shooting the back drops the shield, and I've heard enough reports to believe that Operator void damage works as well. The reason people will be requiring different numbers of shots then is likely because of this invulnerability and subsequent charging of the shield. If you're unloading a Prisma Gorgon or something into it when it pops it's shield and you don't stop firing, it's shield is going to build up and you'll require a lot more shots to bring it back down again. If however it pops it's shield and you wait a moment (it's 3s of charging iirc) then you'll likely be able to take it down in a single shot.

Just now, DeMonkey said:

The Necramech shield works similarly to Iron Skin. It has a health pool, and damage taken after casting it during it's invulnerability adds to it's health pool. 

I know for a fact that shooting the back drops the shield, and I've heard enough reports to believe that Operator void damage works as well. The reason people will be requiring different numbers of shots then is likely because of this invulnerability and subsequent charging of the shield.

I can add to those reports of Operator damage, it also seems to be unable to reflect Void damage because I get no blowback from it.

Or maybe the shields just take a massive amount of damage from void? I really can't tell all I know is that it worked for me for some reason.

Just now, Aldain said:

I can add to those reports of Operator damage, it also seems to be unable to reflect Void damage because I get no blowback from it.

Or maybe the shields just take a massive amount of damage from void? I really can't tell all I know is that it worked for me for some reason.

If the stats are the same as player Mechs, then the initial shield health pool is actually really low. Assuming it's similar to player Mech stats, it's initial shield value shouldn't be any more than 1,200 health.

Even a Tier 1 Quills Amp does more than that.

Archived