Deimos Jugulus Gas Procs Are CRAZY

I like these enemies because they keep you on your toes. They wind up slowly and fire the hard hitting gas projectile at you. The projectile moves slowly, you can watch it coming and dodge it. 

Keep your situational awareness up, if you spot them you can dodge them!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I did notice significant damage but i have this reflex of casting an ability (augur mods) or using OP mode (magus repair) whenever i see slash, toxin or heat procs so i can get that adaptation to kick in during the shield gate/invulnerable period.

I did get downed a few times in bounties but the big rooks were usually far enough away to avoid their damage.

I use al ot of CC frames instead of Tank frames so maybe thats why these issues are not as noticeable by me?

Wouldn't work against these enemies because they hit you with a very hard hitting toxin proc which ignores your shields. They are also immune to CC. Perhaps you are talking about the smaller centipedes but you can just void dash into them if you lack CC. This guy is basically an immovable anti planet artillery tower.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

I like these enemies because they keep you on your toes. They wind up slowly and fire the hard hitting gas projectile at you. The projectile moves slowly, you can watch it coming and dodge it. 

Keep your situational awareness up, if you spot them you can dodge them!

They do announce when they come up. Like a loud roar, but they can hit you from like 100 meters away. At higher levels you can have upto 4-5 spawning around the same time. It's impossible to dodge everything then. A single one is not as bad if you notice it immediately you can take it out. If you're a few seconds late it will wreck you. The downside to this enemy is the toxin proc which negates the effects of shield gating. This makes a lot of the squishier frames harder to play.

• Like 4

The projectiles fired by the Jugulus which apply the Gas and Slash procs regularly lack any noticeable sound effect, are small, disc-shaped, home (to an extent, a bit like Bombard rockets but they don't seem to come back if you get inside their turning radius), and are the same color as the environment. The range of the attack is also incredibly long, potentially with the Jugulus out of sight with no tell when an attack is incoming.

The Gas procs regularly do on the order of 700 damage per tick.

Yeah, they're a bit overtuned 'cause they're balanced for the A******s running Adaptation and Warframes with 90% DR at functionally 100% uptime.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I kinda like that there's a few enemies that can wreck us out there. Although there's a few too many of those flying head suckers around,  screaming like some unholy banshee as it makes a beeline for the back of your head lol. Tip - you can roll to get them off.

I legit tried EVERYTHING to get those damn things off...except rolling.

Now I feel like an idiot, haha!

7 minutes ago, ChozoGhost89 said:

Yea I randomly found out. They're not as obnoxious as they were before I did haha. I think they're pretty cool they screech and rush grab you. Best take em out quickly because they do CC you for a bit until you roll.

The off-brand Gonarchs are just as bad with the projectile spam, I've found

DE is not good at making enemies with big attacks seem like a threat until they've already killed you. I mean look at Bombards and Napalms, they just slowly walk forward until you suddenly explode

• Like 3

Uh oh we have an enemy that can kill us.

Is this a BUG?

Should we NERF it?

How dare this filthy peasant remove my HP before I can get my cheesedaption stacks up to 95% reduction and become UNSTOPPABLE. This is NOT my POWER FANTASY.

****ing REE~, *****es. Grrr, DE, grrrrr~

Etc

Edited by SATSUKI-01
  • Like 3

I've mostly.been running Baruuk so haven't really noticed any of this. My main thing has been making sure my weapons are modded right. Corrosive is good against them and they are immune to viral procs.

Only time I've had trouble is when I was using Vauban, but in fairness my build has very little survivability and I was doing the sp bounty. Spent most of that in archwing to get through it 😂😂

Sometimes one teammate or their cat goes down, people flock in to revive only to get killed by followup barrages or what I assume are gas proc clouds which are sometimes invisible.

I don't think I've seen much if any true Toxin procs in Deimos. It's honestly prettt exciting. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Wouldn't work against these enemies because they hit you with a very hard hitting toxin proc which ignores your shields. They are also immune to CC. Perhaps you are talking about the smaller centipedes but you can just void dash into them if you lack CC. This guy is basically an immovable anti planet artillery tower.

Gas and Toxin aren't the same. Gas hasn't bypassed shields for a while, it's strictly only Toxin and a few other exceptions to scenery that instantly kill you (the new Corpus maps).

I personally haven't seen any enemies that have Toxin as their normal damage in HoD, just Gas and Corrosive procs. I've done everything on SP, so being hit with Toxin there is generally an instant death.

5 hours ago, ChozoGhost89 said:

If it makes you feel better mate I was using operator to shoot them off until a clan mate on vc casually mentioned rolling lol.

7 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Gas doesnt bypass shields.

So i tried deimos enemies on a steel path bounty... they are pretty tough the jugulus is annyone and hits you hard like hell and saxus or whatever the name of that bulky thing is litelly a bullet sponge...i think hes status immune or something lol 

Those gas procs are 100% bugged

I usually play around and take the lv 40-60 bounty mission, 
during those missions i managed multiple times to get OS by a Jugulus on the other side of the area i'm at, with a full tank Inaros :
with 8280 HP and 669 armor + sometime a 5/5 arcane guardian proc (750 armor)

669 + 750 = 1419 ÷ (1419 + 300) ≈ 0.825 -> 82.5% dmg reduction

8280 ÷ (1 - 0.825) ≈ 47314 effective health

Which mean that a Jugulus can just throw a range attack a deal ~50k dmg in a single hit around lv 40 to 60.
This also happen to the Corpus scientist, as he can almost get OS while he channel the data after you helped him.

• Like 5
On 2020-08-30 at 8:14 AM, Yamazuki said:

Gas and Toxin aren't the same. Gas hasn't bypassed shields for a while, it's strictly only Toxin and a few other exceptions to scenery that instantly kill you (the new Corpus maps).

I personally haven't seen any enemies that have Toxin as their normal damage in HoD, just Gas and Corrosive procs. I've done everything on SP, so being hit with Toxin there is generally an instant death.

I didn't say it was gas. It's a toxin proc.

On 2020-08-30 at 10:01 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

Gas doesnt bypass shields.

I know. I never said it was gas.

Edited by RazerXPrime
5 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Considering we are talking about a specific enemy on HoD and i haven't really encountered them throwing toxin procs i do not see why toxin procs should be discussed.

If enemies do toxin damage here they are rare , and the topic of discussion is the gas procs of a specific enemy.

13 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Okay, and, are you going to actually respond to my post? I said I've seen 0 Toxin procs, and you proceed to not state what enemy is frequently applying them. The enemy in question even deals Gas/Slash and applies Gas/Slash. Neither of which bypasses shields. The Gas proc simply deletes your shield and when shield gate is over it tics for heavy damage, the duration is long enough to last through shield gate and still burn through even high HP if you are getting hit a lot.

I even did multiple runs with Adaptation on, have been hit by every enemy a million times, 0 Toxin. People are even complaining about Gas, not Toxin.

Edited by Yamazuki

More like this pls, harder enemies(even one shot ones) are what's engaging, not some mod with 0.00001% drop chance.

On 2020-08-30 at 5:51 AM, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

I honestly hope this attack doesn't get nerfed. This actually gives The Infested some teeth. They are the easiest faction to deal with. 

btw they were because they had no real armour
the HoD enemies tho have real armour now, they are almost as hard as the greneer
it's a shame that there is no endless with them to see people having to fear the little buggers 

Edited by vegetosayajin
On 2020-08-29 at 2:46 PM, VanFanel1980mx said:

Exactly, now consider some bounties have these parts where we have to kill infested within a certain radius, guess what? they no longer rush onto you, they stay outside the zone and attack you with projectiles.

Itzal Crush spam getting a workout