Deimos Jugulus Gas Procs Are CRAZY

37 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Considering we are talking about a specific enemy on HoD and i haven't really encountered them throwing toxin procs i do not see why toxin procs should be discussed.

If enemies do toxin damage here they are rare , and the topic of discussion is the gas procs of a specific enemy.

34 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Okay, and, are you going to actually respond to my post? I said I've seen 0 Toxin procs, and you proceed to not state what enemy is frequently applying them. The enemy in question even deals Gas/Slash and applies Gas/Slash. Neither of which bypasses shields. The Gas proc simply deletes your shield and when shield gate is over it tics for heavy damage, the duration is long enough to last through shield gate and still burn through even high HP if you are getting hit a lot.

I even did multiple runs with Adaptation on, have been hit by every enemy a million times, 0 Toxin. People are even complaining about Gas, not Toxin.

Well I might have mistaken the gas icon for a toxin icon as they are almost the same icon.

Yee, I was use'n Nidus with Umbra Vitality/Intens, Adaptation and attaching his peen to an enemy with high power STR and something kept instadowning me over and over in the highest bounty. Couldn't really see what the crap even looks like but someone told me it was gas procs. ;s

• Like 1
On 2020-08-29 at 2:33 PM, ChozoGhost89 said:

Seriously, if one of those things' projectiles hits you, you're dead in like 2 seconds. Adaptation's stacks can't activate fast enough when the damage from said Gas procs is so massive and instantaneous at the same time.

For when Adaption isn't good enough.

latest?cb=20181012233852

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Rolling_Guard

latest?cb=20181225172215

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Magus_Repair

Apart from that, does Arcane Resistance work? If not then perhaps it's time some new resistance arcanes were added.

• Like 2

I'd argue the main problem isn't the damage, but how little the Jugulus' attacks are telegraphed. You can, quite literally, focus on them and still be unable to see the projectile, that for some ungodly reason has massive tracking. Compare this to the Deimos Therid or both variations of the Carnis: the Therid has a windup on its cobweb ball attack, and the projectile is big, bright, and relatively slow moving, with high damage and area denial to compensate. The Carnis shoots bright purple projectiles, with a clear animation, that home but can still be dodged, with medium damage. Even the big bad Carnis Rex has a clear windup when unleashing its big, definitely one shot with no shield gating, slashing strike. 

The Jugulus on the other hand shoots homing glaives that perfectly blend in with the background, with no noise, no wind up, and enough damage to 2-shot you with shield gate, or even one shot if you are unlucky enough to get procced. 

Just make the projectile more visible and audible, and maybe tone down some of the tracking. Considering its size and inability to move, it makes sense that its sheer presence should be a clear tell for the player to focus on it, but most of the times you don't even know that one of them spawned, maybe even 30+ meters away, and you are already dead.

Edited by (XB1)ShonFr0st
  • Like 9
10 minutes ago, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

Interesting, in what way? Do you mean that psychic bolts allow you to nuke them with little effort?

Well since her Chaos ability forced them to attack something other than you as enemies affected by chaos have higher aggro. That plus psychic bolts makes killing them fairly easy. Anything with armor or shields is basically a normal enemy without resistances to Nyx. Oh corrupted heavy gunner level 150? poof => one shot. Treasurer? One shot.

Edited by RazerXPrime
  • Like 3

it's rare, but there have been times I got downed getting close to a Jugulus in melee, but I never knew what was killing me, seems it might be these gas procs: I always keep one eye on my health and the moment I'm in danger I use Spoiler mode and Magus Repair. 

8 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Well since her Chaos ability forced them to attack something other than you as enemies affected by chaos have higher aggro. That plus psychic bolts makes killing them fairly easy. Anything with armor or shields is basically a normal enemy without resistances to Nyx. Oh corrupted heavy gunner level 150? poof => one shot. Treasurer? One shot.

That's nice to know, for some reason I thought they would be immune to Chaos's CC, thanks for the info. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

That's nice to know, for some reason I thought they would be immune to Chaos's CC, thanks for the info. 

Oh no they are immune (unfortunately). But other enemies aren't and they will focus those first as enemies affected by chaos have higher aggro. 

I've played with a couple of different frames, and Nyx never got hit once.

Edited by RazerXPrime
4 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Man I just love how Nyx makes this so easy to deal with.

But I thought she was useless if not one of the worst Warframes in the game?...

Spoiler

*sarcasm* Nyx is awesome, glad to see more people using her 😃

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 1

I have less problem with the damage I have more problems with them being able to spam their attacks non stop from far away.

And the status chance on their attack is almost 100% on top of their projectiles being able to follow you.

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 5

Personally I think the Jugulus damage health and armour is fine. What I would like to see changed is the ratio of different enemies. Currently during Fass cycle and Steel Path bounty Jugulus are the horde units that seem to spawn over and over and chargers are the special units that only spawns every now and then to change up the battlefield(hah what a joke).

20 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

I was surprised for sure myself by these procs. That was nuts for my first death in deimos. Now I just switch to my operator when hit with a gas proc. Don't know if it actually stops frame dmg, but I like to think it works.

Yea it's a good tactic a lot of people use. While using transference your frame takes no damage unless they use a channeled ability. When using a channeled ability they instead will only take 10% of the damage. Which of course may still destroy the warframe.

In addition to making the attack easier to react to, it would be nice if they toned down the damage a bit too. I was playing as Titania earlier, and quickly learned that I only have about a 1 second window to both identify that I've been procced and begin casting my ability dedicated to curing status* before I die while casting. Yeah, it could help to keep the immunity up in the first place, but those boomerangs seem to come out of nowhere sometimes :P

1 minute ago, Atkana said:

Yeah, it could help to keep the immunity up in the first place, but those boomerangs seem to come out of nowhere sometimes

Yeah. They way too often spawn either behind you or some obstacle. And thankfully they shoot trough some of those obstacles.

On 2020-08-31 at 11:48 AM, RazerXPrime said:

Man I just love how Nyx makes this so easy to deal with.

Nyx is actually one of the other frames outside of Octavia that can make running Isolation Vaults extremely easy. Chaos Sphere for any of the defend/survival parts, Assimilation and Psychic Bolts to annihilate the enemy necramechs in seconds whilst taking no damage. Running both augments for this, Chaos Sphere optional though.

Actually going to test Revenant's reave on her for moving whilst assimilation is up. Who would have thought, one of the least popular frames and least wanted helminth abilities might combine to actually be pretty nice :)

Otherwise +1 for a Gas Resist Arcane, please DE?

Edited by CoreWolf