Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing with Pubbies suck.

Mastertad

If you cant tell by the title this is a rant. it is a problem in the game that I repetitively run into in Warframe and it isn't even something I can control. it just i always seem to get the people who play the game but dont want to play the game. so, I play the game by myself and because of this, I get punished by DE because the player isn't meant to or it isn't possible to play by myself.

I have a small group of friends that i play with and i'm trying to help them through the game itself as well, but rarely can i do what i wish to do as they are either still unlocking the star-chart or just mr6-8. while farming for relics is still a possible option it isn't exactly ideal as most Prime equipment force you to go through Axi or Neo relics. a minimum level of 30, and i know that they don't have the mods or the equipment to event attempt an Axi relic.

What frustrates me further is that again things get progressively more difficult for playing the game, SOLO by yourself. sooner rather then later. early Extractor missions dont spawn enough power-cell units midway through to the point you will be fighting so hard to keep the extractor alive the moment a power-cell guy does spawn it will instantly die the moment you step away to get the power.
I run my own clan with my small group of friends where about 3 of the people i run with have any potential for surviving in higher level missions. i'm not trying to ruin their gameplay by forcing them to do stuff they cant do and i don't want to ditch them to do what I want or need to do.
so in the few off times i do play this game by myself I try pubbies maybe once every two or three months and every time i always get pubbies that are incapable of playing the game, or just the objective itself. I don't carry its a team game and i expect to have team play but when i load into a match and its a defense and everyone wants to bail within the first 5 waves of an Axi level defense node despite literally nothing happening and the node having expired. it is super frustrating.

TLDR: I Dont like playing Warframe Solo because I always get bad pubbies, and my friends are too low level to help me do anything that I wish to do, and the game punishes me for playing by myself by making this exceedingly difficult or impossible to do by yourself. I wish DE would go back and revisit areas where it is exceedingly or impossible to do missions when by yourself.

If solo spawns weren't so awful for some endless missions like survival or excavation, I'd be playing solo more often. As it is, I'm stuck having to deal with pubbies, namely people who bring nuke frames and just idly mash the 4th button until they're bored and want to extract.

DE should either buff spawn amount, or improve life support/battery drop chances.

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

If solo spawns weren't so awful for some endless missions like survival or excavation, I'd be playing solo more often. As it is, I'm stuck having to deal with pubbies, namely people who bring nuke frames and just idly mash the 4th button until they're bored and want to extract.

This is the core problem with pubbing.  DE recognizes it, but they're reluctant to do anything about it because any time they try, people scream bloody murder the game is no longer Clicker Heroes: Fashion Edition.

Having to solo can certainly be as much of a drag as a disorganized random team.  If you have a warframe that can run with a support configuration, it can save the public game on occasion.  Sometimes start voice comms.

Regarding your friends:  Toss them some of your spare mods, as some people just won't have the luck of getting some of those "must have" mods naturally until they trade for them.

I solo most of the time, and i only pug because (most) of the time it's faster to do longer missions when someone else can take bullets and agro for you. even modes like interception and excavation can be soloed, easily with the right gear. it takes longner than groups, sure, but there's less chance for error by yourself. 

23 минуты назад, (PS4)caoshen0625 сказал:

You think Steel Path spawn rate is still low?

The drop rates on life support are even worse there, you can be killing an enemy a second or more and still run out of life support. Also Steel Path shouldn't be mandatory to have playable spawns and drop rate of items critical to objective.

17 minutes ago, Randomeer said:

Also Steel Path shouldn't be mandatory to have playable spawns and drop rate of items critical to objective.

This.

DE didn't intend Steel Path to be endgame, given the fact they provided little to no reward for doing missions there.

People shouldn't be forced to do Steel Path just to avoid a clear problem with the game which are terrible enemy spawns in solo.

2 hours ago, Mastertad said:

If you cant tell by the title this is a rant. it is a problem in the game that I repetitively run into in Warframe and it isn't even something I can control. it just i always seem to get the people who play the game but dont want to play the game. so, I play the game by myself and because of this, I get punished by DE because the player isn't meant to or it isn't possible to play by myself.

I have a small group of friends that i play with and i'm trying to help them through the game itself as well, but rarely can i do what i wish to do as they are either still unlocking the star-chart or just mr6-8. while farming for relics is still a possible option it isn't exactly ideal as most Prime equipment force you to go through Axi or Neo relics. a minimum level of 30, and i know that they don't have the mods or the equipment to event attempt an Axi relic.

What frustrates me further is that again things get progressively more difficult for playing the game, SOLO by yourself. sooner rather then later. early Extractor missions dont spawn enough power-cell units midway through to the point you will be fighting so hard to keep the extractor alive the moment a power-cell guy does spawn it will instantly die the moment you step away to get the power.
I run my own clan with my small group of friends where about 3 of the people i run with have any potential for surviving in higher level missions. i'm not trying to ruin their gameplay by forcing them to do stuff they cant do and i don't want to ditch them to do what I want or need to do.
so in the few off times i do play this game by myself I try pubbies maybe once every two or three months and every time i always get pubbies that are incapable of playing the game, or just the objective itself. I don't carry its a team game and i expect to have team play but when i load into a match and its a defense and everyone wants to bail within the first 5 waves of an Axi level defense node despite literally nothing happening and the node having expired. it is super frustrating.

TLDR: I Dont like playing Warframe Solo because I always get bad pubbies, and my friends are too low level to help me do anything that I wish to do, and the game punishes me for playing by myself by making this exceedingly difficult or impossible to do by yourself. I wish DE would go back and revisit areas where it is exceedingly or impossible to do missions when by yourself.

Thall shall go forth and carry the pubbies to victory.... with the holy handgrenade!

1 hour ago, Marswipp said:

Having to solo can certainly be as much of a drag as a disorganized random team.  If you have a warframe that can run with a support configuration, it can save the public game on occasion.  Sometimes start voice comms.

Regarding your friends:  Toss them some of your spare mods, as some people just won't have the luck of getting some of those "must have" mods naturally until they trade for them.

I do this, I also do voice comms as well, however I tend to do this not in Warframe as i often dont find it entirely necessary. I tend to play support frames a good majority of the time with my main support being Oberon and running Vaz for the instant 5 revives plus heal dash. the problem isnt that i do not support my friends, the problem is they are all too low of a level to fight the orb mother, or do high level missions where I need something that if i were to drag them with me so they can get it too, they will just die every minute or quicker. so if i run it solo its difficult to do due to it being any endless mission where there just isnt enough spawns or i am by myself. but if i run with pubbies then everyone just leaves right away and it might as well have been a axi capture mission instead of an actual defence.

1 hour ago, (PS4)caoshen0625 said:

You think Steel Path spawn rate is still low?

I havent played Steel path as I havent completed the star-chart yet. I have a disruption node on the kuva fortress i need to do and something else i think. I dont know i dont remember. Im just irritated at the feeling that i NEED to be in a group. Rail-jack is a prime example. yea, you can do Rail-jack by yourself, but you are going to suffer SO badly to the point where even a second person is a HUGE help.

7 minutes ago, Mastertad said:

I havent played Steel path as I havent completed the star-chart yet. I have a disruption node on the kuva fortress i need to do and something else i think. I dont know i dont remember. Im just irritated at the feeling that i NEED to be in a group. Rail-jack is a prime example. yea, you can do Rail-jack by yourself, but you are going to suffer SO badly to the point where even a second person is a HUGE help.

Not entirely true, regarding the Railjack. Farm the early levels for materials for a bit and buy some of the high tier standard-issue components, plus you might find some wreckage of good quality while you do it. Getting the T3 ice standard ice weapon has done wonders for me well past Saturn.

As daunting as Railjack appears, it's very easy to gear up in if you know what to do.

I've played solo for more than a year and it's totally doable in all game modes. In fact it's easy to play solo in all, but few missions. Now I'm playing public games and also don't have any problems with it. For excavation solo, Nekros is the way to go. More canisters and his shadows could keep excavator alive when you away. I went until enemies level 500 on fissure excavation solo and lost not more then one or two extractors with him.

Archived