Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unique melee stances for each weapon to actually make them unique and not just look differennt

3weekoldmilk

it would be really nice if every melee weapon could have its unique stance and a unique holding style like say [fragor n scindo they both are held exactly the same they aslo any hammer weapon you hold them the same and they all attack the exact same they just look different it would be so badass to have a unique one for that weapon and maybe be able to add a common stance to it to make more moves i feel like if that happend melee weapons would be actually unique 

so how you hold it how you run with it and stuff would look different for every weapon like the war or any heavy blade running with it i dont know dragging the ground kinda thing or holding it on your shoulder something to make them unique thats all i ask and think everyone everyone would enjoy this cause melee is like the coolest thing its supposed to ebe a space ninja game..

if lots of people support this it can happen and i dont see why anyone would not want it to so lets please get some uniqueness to melee weapons pleaseeee ❤️

another thing just asthetic wise like you can to warframes chooose their original skin on prime weapons  like on saryn prime i can choose her normal skin that would be nice if i could change karyst prime back to original karyst skin

I don't care so much about the particular way the weapon is held. I'm more interested in the movement and fluidity of the attacks. Generally, we have somewhere between 1 and 4 stances per weapon type. The weapon types are a bit limited, with polearms including naginatas, dual daggers including okinas, heavy blades including scindo, etc... But making individual stances for these specific weapons would take a lot of effort from the developers. Instead, I think there should be more variety in the stances. Generally, since melee 2.999 stances have four combos. Standing, Standing block, forward, and forward block. It would be cool to design our own stances based on the existing ones, saying "I'll take the standing stance from stance X, but the block combo from stance Y, etc..." In fact, DE have already basically done this! The conclave stances are basically a remix of the usual stances, where the combos are essentially randomized into new combinations. It may be difficult to code for players to combine their own stances, but should be very easy to just enable conclave stances for PvE. I think that would be nice 🙂 

The only weapon I want to have a different animation is the Nikana. I want to be able to unsheathe it Ghost of Tsushima-style. I also don't think we need different animations for each individual weapon. However, maybe in the future they might consider doing different idle animations for each stance. That'd be cool.

Yes, it would be nice if developement slowed down to a crawl just because we want a unique animation on the Fragor - a weapon no one will anyway use because it has bad stats.

I mean, DE is clearly going too fast anyway with content. Two major expansions per year? Wow! We can't catch those Avichaea fast enough! Take a three-year break re-doing every melee animation while we catch up, DE!

/s

7 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

That would really slow down the development of melee weapons as a whole. They do it with Exalted weapons at least as its tied to a specific character.  

Stance mods for a classification of weapon is far easier and honestly more convenient. Doing it for every melee weapon is just unreasonable.

how is that unreasonable if they are supposed to be different they are all exactly the same ....

6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That’s far too much work, and is more liable to ruin good weapons by giving them terrible stances.

far to much work dont think it more work than a open world or something and i think it would make it way more enjoyable

it would be wortht the work really

7 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Yes, it would be nice if developement slowed down to a crawl just because we want a unique animation on the Fragor - a weapon no one will anyway use because it has bad stats.

I mean, DE is clearly going too fast anyway with content. Two major expansions per year? Wow! We can't catch those Avichaea fast enough! Take a three-year break re-doing every melee animation while we catch up, DE!

/s

i mean the time it took would be worth it all in thje end it would be probably the coolest thing cooler than any new weapon could ever be think aboujt it

7 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

It would make more sense to ask them to add more stances and types of weapons instead. DE is already incredibly slow, and there's so many weapons. Some also end up getting their own effects tied to heavy attacks.

that would be an easy route yes imagine hundreds of new stances just something to make it feel less boring likei  know every single melee stanjce in memory its not freshj

7 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

That would really slow down the development of melee weapons as a whole. They do it with Exalted weapons at least as its tied to a specific character.  

Stance mods for a classification of weapon is far easier and honestly more convenient. Doing it for every melee weapon is just unreasonable.

as much as you think iut would be unreasonable i can assure you you would enjoy it so dam much if that was a thing

42 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re asking for 400+ new animation strings.

Your request is nowhere near comparable to the creation of an open world area.

at least one by one or so,ething just a little bit to make melee weapons unique each one unique the only thing unique about them now is how they look and thats it pretty much i dont even know why jat kittag used to have something special also sibear when you ground slam it shot ice up not anymore i dont know why

3 hours ago, 3weekoldmilk said:

as much as you think iut would be unreasonable i can assure you you would enjoy it so dam much if that was a thing

I'm not saying I wouldnt but you would be adding the same amount of work into new stances to every melee weapon in the game. Enjoyable? Sure but reasonable? Absolutely not.

Not only is that an absolutely excessive amount of work it will also make melee weapon balance even harder and a lot more nebulous than it already is.

Lets take the stances we have as a reference. Not only have these different movesets but also different multipliers, swing speeds and forced procs.

Depending we could end up with a sword having 1.10 Attack Speed but have such a slow stance that a 0.9 sword with a faster stance is actually swinging faster. In reverse the 0.9 weapon could have higher base dmg but hits weaker than the 1.10 wepaon ebcause of stance multipliers.

It already is a bit messy as is but further emphasis the already blurry elements of the stances doesn't help anyone.

Having more stances in the game however or more melee wepaons with their own unqiue effects that can shape up how you play the weapon would be great. preferably not just more heavy attack gimmick that are never used. Especially with heavy attacks beign a build rather than something that you can just sensibly use during normal combat.

• 3 months later...
On 2020-08-30 at 8:02 AM, Sevek7 said:

standing block, forward, and forward block. It would be cool to design our own stances based on the existing ones, saying "I'll take the standing stance from stance X, but the block combo from stance Y, etc..."

On 2020-08-30 at 5:24 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re asking for 400+ new animation strings.

Don't forget about ~1,7k zaws:

With 11 Strikes, 10 Grips, and 16 Links, there are currently a total of 1760 possible Zaw combinations available.

On 2020-08-30 at 7:02 PM, Raikh said:

Having more stances in the game however or more melee wepaons with their own unqiue effects that can shape up how you play the weapon would be great. preferably not just more heavy attack gimmick that are never used. Especially with heavy attacks beign a build rather than something that you can just sensibly use during normal combat.

Vitrica or Exodia contagion is nice. Excluding double/bullet jump, attack while aim-gliding is kind of nice.

On 2020-08-30 at 7:46 AM, 3weekoldmilk said:

it would be really nice if every melee weapon

Every weapon? Nope. Every weapon type or stance. Yes, yes, yes. Every weapon type should have something that distinguish it from another weapon types. Now there are maybe few types that are different (e.g. gunblades, glaives, maybe hammers  - I don't remember others).

Right now, I'd rather they focus on making it so each stance has the requisite four animation strings. Some stances are still missing unique block combos, for instance.

Also, making what each combo input does more consistent across stances would be nice. I was under the impression that the intent was as follows:

Melee on its own = Standing combo. Good for when you're already in the midst of your enemies.

Melee + Forward Movement = Rushdown combo. Used for chasing enemies or attacking while moving through crowds.

Melee + Block = Lifting Combo. Slow, but puts enemies into a lifted state with certain strikes, synergising well with Rushdown combo.

Melee + Block + Forward Movement = Gap closer. Used to narrow the gap between you and enemies, either with a forward dash or by pulling enemies to you.

Right now, some stances seem to have their effects mixed up (For instance, IIRC Blind Justice Lifts enemies with its basic attack string).

nice as it would be to have unique animations for everythign, it won't happen. if we had like 2 or 3 melee types, sure, but we have like 20+, and mroe keep getting added. I'm just here wanting Melee types with one stance to get some more stances. Nunchucks, Rapiers, Blade and Whips and Two-Handed Nikanas (especially IMO) need the attention.

Archived