Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unique melee stances for each weapon to actually make them unique and not just look differennt

3weekoldmilk

That's a lot of work. Like.. A lot... 

With what like 300?(rough number pulled from looking at wiki not taking into consideration how many variants there are) melee weapons in the game, that's 300 unique animation sets. While keeping up with upcoming weapon releases (likely to cause delays in release of melee weapons).

I'd like a unique special attack for each weapon. But, keep the stances simple and consistent. Add extra stances sure. But, I feel changing stances to be weapon specific will take away more from the game than it would give. 

On 2020-08-30 at 11:31 PM, 3weekoldmilk said:

far to much work dont think it more work than a open world or something and i think it would make it way more enjoyable

it would be wortht the work really

You're comparing a large amount of animation work to a large amount of programming, art - with level/enemy design and maybe more I'm not thinking of, animation, sound etc. There is a lot of work put into the open worlds, but there are also a lot of people generally working on such things, in many different aspects of game design. It's not necessarily less or more work than reanimating all melee weapons in the game because the two are incomparable and would likely use substantially different amounts of people before getting into the nitty gritty of how it's all done and that without animators most of an open world can still be done (at an incomplete level).

I heard that each weapon DOES have its own thing if you do not place a Stance on them. They are limited but there are hidden combos that do more damage per the weapon itself 

I do not know this is truth or not....as I drop a Stance on everything after all the days I had no Stances during my beginning. Anyone willing to test this out by using each and every melee weapon to see the common unique combos each weapon has?

I kinda agree. 

I mean there are stat differences, but with the right mods and enough forma, nearly all weapons crush the game, so weapons from each different category are basically "skins." Actually not even that because skins can be used interchangeably so you have a couple of good skins and then all hammers/swords/nikana etc are teh same.

Melee as a whole needs more indepth custimaztion options.

Archived