Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I like the new update.

Skyguard1

Cambion drift is small for an open world but densely populated by things to do and interact with. Distinctly unlike plains of eidolon or the orb valis which seemed to be mostly empty space. 

the token system was a bit jarring and took some getting used to however it is nice to be able to bank up a couple days worth of standing over the weekend. 

the quality of life improvements to the mining mini-game are much appreciated and help me focus on mining not wandering around in a five foot radius looking for the node. 

the isolation vaults require some planning to complete effectively and that is appreciated. Much of the best warframe content consists of “how do I use the tools I have to solve this problem?”. Please expand upon this concept in the future. 

the Necramechs give me hope for a unique and fun boss fight later this year. 

the additional lore provided with necraloid is very interesting and has some fascinating story implications. 

the stuff that could use some work:

when doing conservation in the drift without first using an echo lure and an animal is detected how do I know what direction to look in?

Bounties mostly seem to be variations of mobile defense please add more variety if you find the time. 

when mining I will probably get 100-200 Bapholite before I ever see Thaumica and another 100-200 Bapholite in between. I do not know if this is working as intended. 

things I would like to see in the next open world:

Warframe makes extensive use of a semi procedurally generated tile set system to keep regular mission environments fresh. Have you considered attempting to apply it to open worlds?

all in all a good update, thank you for your hard work DE.

23 minutes ago, Skyguard1 said:

when doing conservation in the drift without first using an echo lure and an animal is detected how do I know what direction to look in?

When looking through the scope of your tranq rifle and animal is nearby:
1) it beeps
2) one of the arrows (top, bottom, left, right) pulses showing the direction in which to look
3) if you look in the direction of an animal it should have pulsing red (or orange) highlighting like scanners have.

26 minutes ago, Skyguard1 said:

Warframe makes extensive use of a semi procedurally generated tile set system to keep regular mission environments fresh. Have you considered attempting to apply it to open worlds?

I might be wrong, but I thought they actually applied this to Cambion Drift caves and vaults, and when you go into the world it generates anew every time, except for the surface part. But I'm not sure if it's true, need confirmation. And if it's true, I agree it would be cool to apply it to Plains and Vallis.

For the most part I agree.

Each part is definitely bogged down with flaws, but more so than most other updates in recent memory, those parts are genuine steps forward. Enemy density might be a bit all over the place, but the design of them is fun and they engage players at a multitude of ranges, making them experientially different to fight. Necramechs might be godawful to learn, and do suffer a bit from the 'cheese and be cheesed' design with their mix of Damage Reflect and Punch-through vulnerability, but they are a genuinely fun fight in the 'legit' way, which gives me hope for future fights as well.

And yeah, stomping about in a Necramech is awesome.

#*!% this update to be honest.  I've been trying to get bird tags for over an hour.  Even doing it the right way, they just don't spawn.  They flat out aren't there.  I look everywhere and there's nothing.  But the infested are there.  They gave the infested a 150+ meter aggro range.  I've checked the range on them.  They've started harassing me while trying to hunt these birds from 150m out.  They spawn in and know exactly where I am, even when I'm invisible and just swarm me.  Right up until I activate this Monolith, and suddenly there are no enemies anywhere and I can't even get some goddamn resources.

Trying to hunt birds that don't exist?  Beset on all sides by infested that know exactly where I am and they never stop spawning.  I kill the ones that show up and they just spawn in new ones.  They won't leave me alone long enough to hunt a couple of these stupid birds so I can unlock helminth and never set foot in this S#&$hole again.

Trying to get resources from this Requiem Monolith?  Even the enemies that I can see on the map won't come toward me if I shoot one of them.  Nothing, not even the face huggers will come around.  I couldn't stand at the edge of the map behind a cliff to check my map or answer a message without getting hounded but here I am by this monolith, typing out this whole response and suddenly nothing wants to come screeching in my ear anymore.

#*!% Deimos and this whole update.

Ill agree with the topic too. The most solid openworld content release. Pretty much the best OW we have. Ill write good parts and flaws after. Spoilers.

Open World quality - good. Deimos is small enough and filled with some landmarks to understand where you are. Orb problem were - 'ok Im in the snow, there are some mountains and corpus boxes around' landscape almost everywhere. Plains are in between.

Enemies - good. Some new types but without any fatal game design flaws in general. And some rating:

1. Deimos - new enemies, old enemies, not too distracting from things you are doing right now comparing to previous OW enemies. Best new enemy set.
  2. Plains - 'its a grineer!'. Old enemies, some new enemies fitting inside enemy list pretty well, but bases and "you've angered the Gazebo" situations with drops and armed tusk dropships makes them a bit worst than Deimos.
  3. Railjack - overpowered without any reason grineers, just NOT OK. Why we have 'level' if space grineer has 2-3 times more stats that regular grineer of same level? Sentients - good but really rare (and really badly killable Vomvalysts of 60th level, just worst part of content).
  4. Orb - just the worst in any sense. Lets grab everything annoying we have in the game - oneshoot kills, snipers, all statuses at once, invul phases, multi phases, weak points, CC, pushes, abilities cancellation, partial abilities cancellation, nullifier bubbles, jump infantry, flying enemies, mana sucking, minion spam, scaling, teleportation, OP dropship guns. Now lets mix all this things to get some jumping melee nulification, flying snipers etc and put in one place - aaand Orb is done. And we have a way to calm the Gazebo by killing some flashy pole, so we must all the time stop what are we doing to chase and kill enemies and the pole or its too late and you will be overflown with a waves of all this crazy deathblob.

New rep system is some greatest step forward, comparing -

• Plains: we got slightly-annoying Ostrons with reputation cap, gems are giving small yield, fishing goesnt gives too much, missions are the best options (still havent reached top, but it was fixed with Plains hunts) and token-like Quills with pretty easy leveling.
  • Orb: hunting makes Solaris United tolerable, but cap forces to do it daily and not when I want to, leveling costs me a lot of orbiter space filled with plushies. Vent Kids doesnt gate any game-wide content (k-drives only for OW) and not that hard to get. But we got awful awful grindy Vox with those 'orbs' - rare drop from enemies, even rarer bounty rewards, drops from really time consuming bosses, ultra-rare world objects, AND they are - rank up requirement, crafting resources, reputation only source. And they are different, so you must grind all their types.
  • Deimos: you will get huge amount of tokens based on any activity sooner or later, and they are not capped - do anything and when you want it, thats great. You will get matrixes based on not that annoying "high level" activity - thats even greater.  When Necras will be expanded (like Vox Solaris) to have a full size rep and bosses we will still have some supply of matrixes from Iso vaults to levelup.

So OW faction reputation mechanic rating: Entrati/Necra > Solaris United > Quills > Vent Kids/Ostrons >>> Vox Solaris

Iso vaults - yep, not a big bosses, but some "high level activity" so ill compare with other high level OW activity we have - ISO are noticeably less annoying and gear requiring comparing to tridolon or both orbs. 'Shieldy' sphere is awful CC/push abilities mess with unstoppable enemy spam (Orb enemies - worst enemies, Iv mentioned them previously) together with 'bring a rainbow instead of weapons'. 'Cool' sphere is 'try not to fall asleep while hanging on archwing with a sniper rifle' waiting game, the more people you will bring the less you will need to wait, probably. Dolons just dolons, you know - bring full party of specific frames and so on.

Usefulness - extremely high. As a previous content we got the Railjack (Steel Path just a some joke IMO), which is game about Railjack and second worst enemies in the game - it gives around nothing to other game, some 3 guns with incredible low chances to get and some more mastery, thats all. Now we got not only the main course "frame, guns, pets" but also a new way of killing things - Dreadnought, new great gameplay feature - frame ability change with Helminth. And the best part - usage of old resources. Previously OW resources were strictly isolated and used only in that OW, now we got some reasons to visit old content, I like it (but I totally understand why other can hate it).

Lore - now we have more of it, a lot, totally approve. And not some spinoffs but the main world/story lore.

Flaws

Bugs, balancing, chances.

Enemy balance OK, but spider-dudes are jumping out from the line, they are tougher than should or something similar (just comparing that enemy swarm is reduced to them only with a few shots), but not that badly as Railjack enemies. "Lurker" towers with spikes and disks - looks like disk doesnt count as a projectile so ballistic shield is useless.

Chances - the worst part right now, one word - Scintillant, 29.0.1 changelog should contain the line "fixed a bug when player was able to get Scintillant as a bounty reward". Same related to animal spawn rates. Resource chances might require some correction - I got more of each two top gem types than one type of rare gem as an example.

Balancing - lvl 1 Entrati reputation requiring enormous amounts of hunting tokens (same as 60lvl Vomvalists on Railjack) are giving me thoughts that this game aspect just wasnt tested at all. Necramechs as a enemy - good concept, totally broken with all this oneshoots, reflects, invules, CC and weak points sniping (good that we have way of avoiding the fight).

No such epic theme as Lift Together.

In total: I'v happilly got Helminth, fed him some millions of nanospores and Argon from the vaults just because I can, he is eating my Ash rn and licking Meowl Brick. Im building a Necramech. Now I will take some small break doing other stuff until chance and balance based issues will be fixed to do all hunting and other things.

5 hours ago, Skyguard1 said:

Cambion drift is small for an open world but densely populated by things to do and interact with. Distinctly unlike plains of eidolon or the orb valis which seemed to be mostly empty space. 

the token system was a bit jarring and took some getting used to however it is nice to be able to bank up a couple days worth of standing over the weekend. 

the quality of life improvements to the mining mini-game are much appreciated and help me focus on mining not wandering around in a five foot radius looking for the node. 

the isolation vaults require some planning to complete effectively and that is appreciated. Much of the best warframe content consists of “how do I use the tools I have to solve this problem?”. Please expand upon this concept in the future. 

the Necramechs give me hope for a unique and fun boss fight later this year. 

the additional lore provided with necraloid is very interesting and has some fascinating story implications. 

the stuff that could use some work:

Bounties mostly seem to be variations of mobile defense please add more variety if you find the time. 

when mining I will probably get 100-200 Bapholite before I ever see Thaumica and another 100-200 Bapholite in between. I do not know if this is working as intended. 

things I would like to see in the next open world:

all in all a good update, thank you for your hard work DE.

I'd like to add one additional request to your list: Necromech PVP! Seriously, all of the points on the list of a great PVP are checked with these mechs!

7 hours ago, (PS4)H-Refr said:

When looking through the scope of your tranq rifle and animal is nearby:
1) it beeps
2) one of the arrows (top, bottom, left, right) pulses showing the direction in which to look
3) if you look in the direction of an animal it should have pulsing red (or orange) highlighting like scanners have.

Thank you, I never knew this.

17 hours ago, T-362 said:

Orb - just the worst in any sense. Lets grab everything annoying we have in the game - oneshoot kills, snipers, all statuses at once, invul phases, multi phases, weak points, CC, pushes, abilities cancellation, partial abilities cancellation, nullifier bubbles, jump infantry, flying enemies, mana sucking, minion spam, scaling, teleportation, OP dropship guns. Now lets mix all this things to get some jumping melee nulification, flying snipers etc and put in one place - aaand Orb is done. And we have a way to calm the Gazebo by killing some flashy pole, so we must all the time stop what are we doing to chase and kill enemies and the pole or its too late and you will be overflown with a waves of all this crazy deathblob.

Lol, this is so true 😬 Also: knockdowns! knockbacks! more knockdowns! jeeez
I'm glad I almost finished with Orb Vallis. Just a month worth of toroid farming for rank 5 arcanes and I'm done 🙃

And I just love Cambion Drift for aesthetics, the feeling of exploration and everything. I think for the first time in 2 years I really want to go back to an open world and not necessarily to grind new stuff. Just to freeroam and explore and enjoy surroundings, maybe do some bounties and mining here and there. I'm really loving it and taking my time with it. 🧡

Archived