Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ballistic Experimentation

DarianWulfbane

Question

I'm sure that with 1) the awesomeness and 2) the contest behind the new Ballistica, most players have gotten their hands on the new weapon, and those that have are aware of the brief period between charged shots in which you cannot fire or begin a new charge. After observing the animation, it gave me an idea that I cannot, unfortunately, test out.

The fact that the burst fire only has horizontal recoil and that the Steady Hands mod only affects vertical recoil has given the community reason to not bother combining the two, or only doing so in a brief experiment if unaware of the mod's effects, however judging from the animation of the charged shot, the no-firing period is actually the period in which the gun kicks. This is where I need some help.

I do not have the Steady Hands mod, nor do I intend to farm for it (honestly, I have no use for it if I am wrong about this), but I am sure that some people do have it along with the Ballistica. I would like to know if Steady Hands would shorten the down-time, allowing for faster charged shots. I am aware that fire rate also decreases the down-time, but I am still curious about this, and thus far have seen nothing. If anyone would be so kind as to test this theory, I and possibly any other community members who see this would be grateful.

TL;DR: Put Steady Hands (the higher the rank, the better) on the Ballistica, see how it affects the no-firing period between charged shots, and report back your findings.

Note: The experiments would probably be easiest without firing speed mods.

Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

fire rate mods can decrease the charge time from charge weapons, like Lanka and bows

and ballistica have 2 options:

Lethal Torrent and Gunslinger

I am aware, but if you actually read my post, you'll see that I'm more interested in the brief period between charges in which if you click, you cannot begin a charge or fire a burst.

I am aware, but if you actually read my post, you'll see that I'm more interested in the brief period between charges in which if you click, you cannot begin a charge or fire a burst.

According to wiki posts, RoF mods will decrease that delay as well. As unreliable as the wiki is, that doesn't seem like something that one would simply assume and throw onto there. Try it out?

Edited by SortaRandom

According to wiki posts, RoF mods will decrease that delay as well. As unreliable as the wiki is, that doesn't seem like something that one would simply assume and throw onto there. Try it out?

Yes, I noticed that, but it does not change the fact that I'm interested in seeing if Steady Hands will affect it. It will tell us if the delay is purposefully programmed into the gun or if it is just a matter of being unable to shoot during the recoil.

Yes, I noticed that, but it does not change the fact that I'm interested in seeing if Steady Hands will affect it. It will tell us if the delay is purposefully programmed into the gun or if it is just a matter of being unable to shoot during the recoil.

The delay is purposefully programmed into the weapon, like the charging mechanism limitations on the Ogris. You cannot reduce the delay between shots with any mod, whether it be rate of fire mods or recoil reduction mods.

Edited by ChaoticVice777