Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Challenge

FaceMcShootyPrime

Question

I have the challenge that asks me to kill 5 sentients while invisible, no other qualifiers. I've been trying to do the challenge in the gas city tileset (yes, I know there are other better places to do it), however, none of the sentients I kill (not the amalgams, the battalysts and conculysts) have counted for the challenge. I'm using Ivara and standing far enough back that my companion won't accidentally kill the sentient for me. I had this challenge a while back with the "take no damage" qualifier, and used limbo, even brought a clanmate along to kill things because I thought I was taking damage from something. I wasn't taking damage, but the kills didn't count towards the challenge either. I'm pretty sure that they used to count, but I'm not sure if/when and why it changed. I would appreciate it if anyone could either tell me I'm insane or let me know if it was changed for any reason. Thanks!

Edit: The sentients on lua counted with no problems, but I'm pretty sure that I've unveiled a riven with that challenge on Jupiter. I still wonder why they no longer count?

12 answers to this question

I'm wondering if they (those specific units in Gas City) recognize invisibility as a thing. ..Since you only begin to interact with them by breaking their containment, there might be some odd exception, or lack of exceptions for those units in particular. Totally guessing here, but maybe that's a thing. Could just be the Gas City guys.. they might, "See you," in the beginning, regardless... not sure if you have to be invis and STEALTH, or just arbitrarily invis.

Just to check all the prerequisites.. Be sure the Riven is equipped and on your person at the time, just in case.

16 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I'm wondering if they (those specific units in Gas City) recognize invisibility as a thing. ..Since you only begin to interact with them by breaking their containment, there might be some odd exception, or lack of exceptions for those units in particular. Totally guessing here, but maybe that's a thing. Could just be the Gas City guys.. they might, "See you," in the beginning, regardless... not sure if you have to be invis and STEALTH, or just arbitrarily invis.

Just to check all the prerequisites.. Be sure the Riven is equipped and on your person at the time, just in case.

The riven is definitely equipped, made sure to double check. It doesn't specify undetected, although that could be the case. 

26 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I recommend Lua for this anyway i guess, overall can be that some proc maybe kills them and not recognizes it that way or so?

Would the proc still count for the challenge if it's my weapon that inflicts it? I'm not entirely sure how that would work.

Since the gas city isn't an option, lua is probably my best option.

2 hours ago, FaceMcShootyPrime said:

I have the challenge that asks me to kill 5 sentients while invisible, no other qualifiers.

Fyi, I find railjack anomoly easiest for sentient kills. Just fly straight to the anomaly, complete riven challenge and abort mission. Just make sure to switch to Solo first.

8 hours ago, FaceMcShootyPrime said:

I have the challenge that asks me to kill 5 sentients while invisible, no other qualifiers. I've been trying to do the challenge in the gas city tileset (yes, I know there are other better places to do it), however, none of the sentients I kill (not the amalgams, the battalysts and conculysts) have counted for the challenge. I'm using Ivara and standing far enough back that my companion won't accidentally kill the sentient for me. I had this challenge a while back with the "take no damage" qualifier, and used limbo, even brought a clanmate along to kill things because I thought I was taking damage from something. I wasn't taking damage, but the kills didn't count towards the challenge either. I'm pretty sure that they used to count, but I'm not sure if/when and why it changed. I would appreciate it if anyone could either tell me I'm insane or let me know if it was changed for any reason. Thanks!

Edit: The sentients on lua counted with no problems, but I'm pretty sure that I've unveiled a riven with that challenge on Jupiter. I still wonder why they no longer count?

I usually do the sentient challenges in the Plains of Eidolon.

Couldn't you simply find some Vomvalyst, make your operator go invis, kill Voms, challenge completed?

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

I usually do the sentient challenges in the Plains of Eidolon.

Couldn't you simply find some Vomvalyst, make your operator go invis, kill Voms, challenge completed?

I appreciate the suggestion, but there are a couple problems. Just for giggles, I tried to kill a couple of voms, but they didn't count since I wasn't invisible (you become visible upon using your amp). The second problem is that I acknowledged that there were better ways to complete the challenge than going after the gas city sentients. My question wasn't whether I should kill them or not, but rather why killing them didn't work.

8 minutes ago, FaceMcShootyPrime said:

I appreciate the suggestion, but there are a couple problems. Just for giggles, I tried to kill a couple of voms, but they didn't count since I wasn't invisible (you become visible upon using your amp). The second problem is that I acknowledged that there were better ways to complete the challenge than going after the gas city sentients. My question wasn't whether I should kill them or not, but rather why killing them didn't work.

I was thinking more of damage with amp, void dash through voms, go invis as operator, wait until void dash kills voms, problem solved.

Why things don't sometimes work? Welcome to warframe, lol. Sometimes it almost feels like there is a random bug that appears just to see if you were paying attention.

Glad you got the challenge completed. Presumably got a riven for a weapon you can't even remember maxing out, and thus transformed / dismantled the riven. Or does that just happen to me in an almost endless loop?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

I was thinking more of damage with amp, void dash through voms, go invis as operator, wait until void dash kills voms, problem solved.

Would that need one of the skills from one of the trees or just dashing until they die? I didn't think about that, I'll have to keep it in mind though.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

Presumably got a riven for a weapon you can't even remember maxing out

it was actually a zaw riven, I ended up getting Dehtat so I might try that one out.

17 minutes ago, FaceMcShootyPrime said:

Would that need one of the skills from one of the trees or just dashing until they die? I didn't think about that, I'll have to keep it in mind though.

it was actually a zaw riven, I ended up getting Dehtat so I might try that one out.

Yes involves having done zenurik focus tree.

Congrats on Dehtat riven.

Archived