Necramech mods are way too rare

4 hours ago, Vilmu said:

Looks like the drop table data has been updated; now it is listing more of the mods:

Reveal hidden contents

TuPbrPC.png

Good luck getting Thrusters, Pressure Point or Seismic Wave at 0.06% chance per kill (0.0067 * 0.10 = 0.00067). Good thing that only Thrusters is somewhat useful, but not really needed.

Also keep in mind there is only 1 mech in that vault, so its literally that low per run.  Unlike the t3 vault who has 3 mechs...

• Like 2
On 2020-08-31 at 1:12 AM, (PS4)Sentiel said:

Also, since the Necraloid Syndicate is rather empty, the mods could be sold there for Standing.

if this was the case i would have them be far more expensive than the standard augment mod is from the syndicates

18 hours ago, Vilmu said:

Good luck getting Thrusters, Pressure Point or Seismic Wave at 0.06% chance per kill (0.0067 * 0.10 = 0.00067). Good thing that only Thrusters is somewhat useful, but not really needed.

since its 0.067%,  90% of players will get it within 3436 necramech kills. which means 10%(1/10) of all players will have to do more then this, and 99% of players will get it within 6871 kills, which means that 1 in 100 players will have to kill it OVER 6871 times, because of size of community 1 in 100 is actually hundreds of people...

• Like 3

done enough T3 vault runs to build several mechs and the weapon for 10 people... only ever gotten 2 mods. That is it.
All of that was with mod drop chance booster and me as nekros with a friend of mine.

The mods are rare mostly because of how long it takes to get to the point of killing 1/2/3. 

• Like 1

Ran iso vaults for over a week for a handful of mods, no gold. Ran iso vaults with a 3 day mod booster (from sortie) and suddenly I'm swimming in every bronze and silver necramech mod, as well as the gold intensify and streamline. Saw a lot of high noon, carnis stinger and condition overload drops as well from normal mobs thanks to the booster. Previously I saw next to none. It doesn't seem worth doing these missions without a mod drop booster, the drops are just too low. I skipped opening the vault and just went for mech kills, around 8~ mins per vault that way. If the worm phase changes during your run you can sometimes redo 1 to 3 (consistency varies) vault bounties and skip the "collect bait" portion, saving you 2~ mins per bounty.

165 casings, 40 engines, 52 pods, 195 weapon pod. Parts for 4 cortege. 78 bronze, 23 silver, 2 gold necramech mods. I give up on running vaults until I find another booster or they make some changes.

Tier 1 having 3 gold mods with a single mech and even lower drop chances is such a joke.

• Like 3

As a reference of how trash the drop rates are, I have about a 1000 Orokin Animus items (5k standing) that I got without any res boosters. So that gives you an idea how many mechs I have killed.

Only 3 gold mods, 2 streamline and 1 pressure point. I assume I only got the second streamline and the pressure point is because I got a mod booster from sorties. This is abysmal. I argue that all this time I spent farming necramechs, I could have been farming kuva and get over 1k plat profit from rivens. Therefore, mech mods are simply not worth selling if you want to use your mech now imo. If they raise the drop chance or add them to Loids store, thats a different story. 

• Like 3

I have all the bronze ones and a lot of duplicates, two silver ones (fiber and continuity) and one gold (streamline). But I have to agree, the drop rate is  abysmall and they could have included them in the Vault Bounty rewards seeing how all the rewards are completely not necessary there except for Broken Weapons parts.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

This is intentional. Warframes wants it to be rare that way they can flood the market with ridiculous asking prices for mods. Come on now are you all new to Warframe?   You see if they have sellers that sell at ridiculous prices then people will  Purchase plat to buy them. When plat is purchased Warframe (glitchframe) makes money.  Its always about greed and money.

Edited by (PS4)l3rianM
  • Like 3
On 2020-09-10 at 12:11 AM, Abeastov said:

As a reference of how trash the drop rates are, I have about a 1000 Orokin Animus items (5k standing) that I got without any res boosters. So that gives you an idea how many mechs I have killed.

Only 3 gold mods, 2 streamline and 1 pressure point. I assume I only got the second streamline and the pressure point is because I got a mod booster from sorties. This is abysmal. I argue that all this time I spent farming necramechs, I could have been farming kuva and get over 1k plat profit from rivens. Therefore, mech mods are simply not worth selling if you want to use your mech now imo. If they raise the drop chance or add them to Loids store, thats a different story. 

I have about 1.5k(excluding the ones i gave up for the leveling and buying all the things, so dunno the total) animus and no streamline. You were very lucky.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, (PS4)l3rianM said:

This is intentional. Warframes wants it to be rare that way they can flood the market with ridiculous asking prices for mods.

I'm afraid that DE's recent actions seem to disagree with your statement:

• Primed Chamber was added to Baro's shop
  • Eidolon arcanes (including Energize, Grace, Barrier) were made easily accessible to everyone through Scarlet Spear
  • Acolyte mods were added to Deimos bounty rotations (and Condition Overload to regular mob drops).

All three of these actions have crashed relevant segments of the in-game market. If anything, DE seems to be saying that they do NOT want to have essential mods/items sold on the market for ridiculous/inaccessible prices.

This even applies to Rivens, since they have been publishing actual market data for sold rivens (that lets people estimate the actual market price of rivens - not the inflated numbers sellers are asking for) - although some follow-through on that project is long overdue.

This is what makes the drop chances for Necramech mods so strange - they have created an utterly ridiculous farm (N. Streamline is 3 rolls at 0.201% for a 20-30min. time-gated run) at the same time as they are clearly trying to get rid of such extreme cases throughout other parts of the game

11 minutes ago, sillman74 said:

Tbh I not really a fan of mech. IDK if it's a bug, when you are using mech in the open world, you can't use archwing after jumping back to Warframe.

Jump on & off your k-drive.  This resets that bug and your archwing will work again.

Well everyone is in agreement that the drop rate chance is really pathetic and becoming really annoying.....the problem is unlike Frame & Weapons Mods, there's only a few handful Mech Mods that's basically being treated as ultra rare Prime Part Drops but actually worse when you factor in the amount of time and the fact with three runs you have literally six chances. When you run a Relic, if it's a exterminate, capture or sabotage, you're done in minutes with 1 to 4 chances with the ability to up and improve the chance......how long for three runs in the vault and no way to improve your chance.

So without the Mods no reason to put  Forma's in the Mech if you don't have Mods to put in nor get out and play since you no need to level up without Mods....yea, pretty brilliant concept on the Devs Part on getting players more involved and keep grinding, hoping and praying that next Mech dying will drop Any Mod...if not careful it's going to chase players away....I ran nearly 39 runs and never got one single Protea BP and a lot of other players had the same experience. The drop rates and chances on some of these events is getting pretty ridiculous and wearing thin.....

• Like 1
15 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

I'm afraid that DE's recent actions seem to disagree with your statement:

• Primed Chamber was added to Baro's shop
  • Eidolon arcanes (including Energize, Grace, Barrier) were made easily accessible to everyone through Scarlet Spear
  • Acolyte mods were added to Deimos bounty rotations (and Condition Overload to regular mob drops).

All three of these actions have crashed relevant segments of the in-game market. If anything, DE seems to be saying that they do NOT want to have essential mods/items sold on the market for ridiculous/inaccessible prices.

This even applies to Rivens, since they have been publishing actual market data for sold rivens (that lets people estimate the actual market price of rivens - not the inflated numbers sellers are asking for) - although some follow-through on that project is long overdue.

This is what makes the drop chances for Necramech mods so strange - they have created an utterly ridiculous farm (N. Streamline is 3 rolls at 0.201% for a 20-30min. time-gated run) at the same time as they are clearly trying to get rid of such extreme cases throughout other parts of the game

All of those were exclusive for YEARS.  Dont give us that.  Them giving them out after years is ridiculous.  Heck Primed Chamber happened once for everyone and DE did promise to bring it back in an event.  They finally kinda fulfilled that promise.

• Like 2

I bought most of the rares from the market after Deimos landed. I had a complete set probably on the 4th/5th day.  I really didn't care how much, I do haggle, but what mattered most is for me to enjoy exploring the new Deimos and for my NM to be at least mod capable enough to stand up and fight.

I already stopped actively doing Isolation vaults for a week now, with all the NM slots with forma, there really is no reason to except maybe when testing some new helminth ability on a WF. I cannot count all the public, bugged, vault runs I did. Only that they are so many, some bad, some good, solid, eye opening runs and even a few fun ones when we all managed to die and still win in the end. What I can count though are the mostly bronze mods, one silver (hydraulics) and no gold mods ever dropping at all. 

Meanwhile, I already earned triple the cost I let go from buying all those silver and gold mods by doing relic runs and selling some Necramech weapon parts that did dropped from those vault runs. 

DE always releases new must-have shinies with horrific RNG.  Always expect it. What is astonishing is that the player base still act surprised when it happens.

Sometimes, to even the odds, you can either play the game and try your luck by rolling the dice or you can really toy around with it by beating RNG through the market. It is an option after all and It just works, if not a better or even healthier option than continuously banging your head on the wall.

• Like 1
On 2020-08-30 at 7:52 PM, --Aegis--RocketPenguin said:

Im getting my mech in a few days and ive farmed a lot of iso vaults and yet ive only gotten 1 bronze necramech mod. I looked at the drop talbes on the wiki and it doesnt seem to be finished yet. But some of the things that are there are as low as 3%, for a enemy that we can see at most 12 times per hour.

Has DE released the drop tables for this yet? because i cant even find them and i want to see if that is accurate but seeing that the price for some of these mods is over 300p im guessing that its actually that low.

Edit: So yup they are way too rare. After reading the comments i think that the best option is definetly to add them to loid's store, maybe keep the rare ones as a drop but things like +health or armor should not be behind a stupid grind with mods reaching rarity of under the 1%. Especially when youve already built a necromech which is a grind on its own.

PS: Not having rnjesus on my side doesnt mean im a casual.

Hey I don't mind the stupid grind actually. Since Rare Necramech mods are the reason ppl play vaults right? So, imagine once u got all the mods. So whats next? It's either u grind it or buy it.

Edited by LoriSei
3 hours ago, (PS4)supjj said:

I have done the time and the grind, make the rare mods available with standing and I will pay 1 million standing per.

Hide contents

kjPMxt7.jpg

I think it's impossible to pay 1 mil standing because it's capped at 70k. And there is daily cap too, so you'll have to spend maybe a month to accum 1 mil standing you can spend.

Look, man, you've got whole two Necramech Steel Fibers, you are really lucky, why complain? (<- sarcasm).

• Like 1