Jump to content

Is it just me or is Otak.....um....?


Recommended Posts

I get the feeling that when I do Isolation Vault missions, Otak doesn't seem like what he was originally introduced as. When you make bait, there's a line he'll say in the most serious tone ever "Somethings coming" then quickly switch to his goofy self. Another line i noticed is that Loid will try to explain something letting us know about possible technology then gets cut off by Otak while being goofy & somewhat serious. I feel like Otak knows more then he's letting on.

Edited by Blaudari
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember that Otak isnt bi-polar. He says Loid was another personality that he downloaded.

I get the feeling that they are both hiding things though.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Blaudari said:

I feel like Otak knows more then he's letting on.

well, despite his "quirkyness" if you want to call it that, he IS still a Cephalon, and thus can be in possession of an incredibly large amount of information, though his personality traits do seem to get in the way a lot. i wonder if perhaps he's the way he is because he suffered serious trauma? I'm not saying he's a brain-damaged Cephalon, but... it would explain why he is the way he is. Loid saved him by taking him into his capsule-body, but it would make sense for him to have become somewhat fragmented by everything he's been through. he reminds me a little of Caboose from Red Vs Blue.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Wolfsherrscher said:

Does anyone else think that Otak flyes to slow to the objectives on Isolation?

yes, he does. it's not like he can't move fast, he greets us quickly when we first arrived on Deimos, move your a$$ Otak some people need their damn Scintillant!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Remember that Otak isnt bi-polar. He says Loid was another personality that he downloaded.

I get the feeling that they are both hiding things though.

Loid is definitely hiding his dealings with the Tenno from Mother. He outright says as much.

Makes you wonder what else he keeps hidden away.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Makes you wonder what else he keeps hidden away.

Probably military secrets, old Orokin equipment/knowledge, a collection of R-rated Cephalon videos and possibly a cure for the infestation.

You know, the usual stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Remember that Otak isnt bi-polar. He says Loid was another personality that he downloaded.

I get the feeling that they are both hiding things though.

Other way around. Loid is the original owner of that body, thanks to his Void Shielding he was not affected by the Infestation so he pulled Cephalon Otak into his body and attempted to defrag and fix the issues Otak had developed due to exposure to the Infestation which did not go as well as hoped resulting in Otak being the quirky special guy we know him as.

This is explained both during the introduction, in the description of Necraloid standing, and by various lines across the bounties and shop interactions.

This is why Otak has a face carved onto the back of Loid's chassis to showcase which of the two are talking. Loid's skull is the proper front of the unit.

Edited by TankHunter678
  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Probably military secrets, old Orokin equipment/knowledge, a collection of R-rated Cephalon videos and possibly a cure for the infestation.

You know, the usual stuff.

The cure's no secret though?

 

 

 

MURDER

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blaudari said:

I get the feeling that when I do Isolation Vault missions, Otak doesn't seem like what he was originally introduced as. When you make bait, there's a line he'll say in the most serious tone ever "Somethings coming" then quickly switch to his goofy self. Another line i noticed is that Loid will try to explain something letting us know about possible technology then gets cut off by Otak while being goofy & somewhat serious. I feel like Otak knows more then he's letting on.

Seems pretty common for Cephalons to be bipolar like that. Loid runs the Necramech syndicate in the back presiding over the big Void Clock and wants to keep it a secret. Otak keeps quiet, but that doesn't mean he's unaware of what's going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Loid says Otak was found and saved by him, installing and defragmenting him inside his own shell because there was no other vessel for Otak to occupy. But Loid also mentions he couldn't fully repair Otak - hence why Otak is a bit goofy and cheerful, and sort of... well, with his focus elsewhere. But it feels like much like Ordis, he has moments of clarity where he's his full self (or at least sort of more serious than usual)... Maybe in a future update, we'll be able to learn a little more about Deimos's resident comedy relief character.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TankHunter678 said:

Other way around. Loid is the original owner of that body, thanks to his Void Shielding he was not affected by the Infestation so he pulled Cephalon Otak into his body and attempted to defrag and fix the issues Otak had developed due to exposure to the Infestation which did not go as well as hoped resulting in Otak being the quirky special guy we know him as.

 

 

actually they don't mention the infestation just he was damaged 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

i wonder if perhaps he's the way he is because he suffered serious trauma? I'm not saying he's a brain-damaged Cephalon, but... it would explain why he is the way he is.

Pretty sure it literally says something to that effect in one of the lines of text somewhere in the Necroloid area or something.  Otak's original housing was destroyed.  Loid tried to save him, but Otak's intellect was permanently damaged in the process.  It's also why Otak's "face" is crudely scratched into the back of Loid's hat.  (No clue how Loid pulled that off, given his lack of hands.  Or arms.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chaotea said:

Remember that Otak isnt bi-polar. He says Loid was another personality that he downloaded.

I get the feeling that they are both hiding things though.

It makes sense that they have stuff to hide, it's a void research facility after all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Pretty sure it literally says something to that effect in one of the lines of text somewhere in the Necroloid area or something.  Otak's original housing was destroyed.  Loid tried to save him, but Otak's intellect was permanently damaged in the process.  It's also why Otak's "face" is crudely scratched into the back of Loid's hat.  (No clue how Loid pulled that off, given his lack of hands.  Or arms.)

necraloid can use kinesis 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheCatPlaysGamez said:

Wisp works, I never tried loki as I don't have him. Nova should work tho as it worked before (maybe they "hotfixed" some of those methods?) 

yeah just played with Nova and portals work

Link to post
Share on other sites

Otak is best boi and i wish we get a quest or something to bring him or other cephalons into the ship.

On topic, hes definitely hiding something and i suppose its to do with that breathing you can hear in some caves. Maybe his main body is deep in deimos. He could maybe have been a cephalon in a huge weapon that got corrupted and loid saved him to stop the weapon

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-08-31 at 12:05 AM, TankHunter678 said:

Other way around. Loid is the original owner of that body,

Yea, no, you're right. I always get the two mixed up, as Loyd seems a more fun name.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wacky or not Otak is still cephalon that as considered important enough to risk a void host to be saved.

 

You do not share a body willingly with someone that does not have some value to you (sentimental or otherwise) ,

the transfer may have cracked him a bit , but make no mistake , he is not just a fool , do not take him for granted or underestimate him.

What that value is remains to be seen (and knowing DE we will never find out)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Wacky or not Otak is still cephalon that as considered important enough to risk a void host to be saved.

 

You do not share a body willingly with someone that does not have some value to you (sentimental or otherwise) ,

the transfer may have cracked him a bit , but make no mistake , he is not just a fool , do not take him for granted or underestimate him.

What that value is remains to be seen (and knowing DE we will never find out)

Lines like "Don't be silly, retrieving them won't make a difference!" are fairly ominous.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...