Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Penalties or kick for non contributing players

INC3NSUS

13 hours ago, Ethorin said:

Because there will DEFINITELY NEVER be a group of friends who decide to hang out in a public endless mission, nab a rando, go for a nice long while, kick the rando with no warning.

Certainly not, that would NEVER happen!

So you start an argument by depicting the worst possible scenario which could happen ? 

In this case I could make the argument that someone willing to troll you, could pick the data/trigger item for a mobile defense and never use it to stuck the mission. Or could actively sabotage the mission by using limbo in a trolling way. That does not mean it will surely happen, infact it never happens.

27 minutes ago, Cloud said:

infact it never happens.

I've never actually encountered people who start the mission off doing their own thing.

I've occasionally seen people who don't have Skywing getting left so behind they don't make it to the objective before the objective is over and then decide that since they can't make it in time they might as well not waste their own time. I've occasionally seen people get super bored of trying to compete with a Saryn or Equinox for enemies to kill so they wander off to do something else. But I've never seen the "leecher" who starts out leeching.

Il y a 14 heures, (PS4)robotwars7 a dit :

as much as leechers are infuriating, a kick system of any kind won't be implemented, because people always abuse them. everyone wants to kick, but nobody wants to be kicked. 

If i want to bring a mk-1 braton in sortie.

Is that leeching? Or me giving myself a dumb challenge?

(How do they know what build i run?)

38 minutes ago, Cloud said:

So you start an argument by depicting the worst possible scenario which could happen ? 

In this case I could make the argument that someone willing to troll you, could pick the data/trigger item for a mobile defense and never use it to stuck the mission. Or could actively sabotage the mission by using limbo in a trolling way. That does not mean it will surely happen, infact it never happens.

Are you saying the worst case wont happen? cos if, so I have a tower in piza to sell you.

For the case of mission that last longer than an hour, it is rarely a random occurence where the 4 players have a available time slot.

Kicking someone because he didn't prepared for the unexpected scenarios of staying 45 minutes more than what he prepared.

At this point let just them leave the mission.

12 hours ago, ToxicSupercell said:

Or gives us an option to leave squad similar to open worlds. 

You go through host migration, finish on your own and keep rewards. 

If only host mirgrations actually worked most of the time....

11 hours ago, Fluttershy93 said:

They oughta just add more solo extracts, that's it. A kick system should never be implemented, god knows this would happen often enough in other games.

You do something hard with a group, get to the finish, then they feel like trolling and kicking you right after a boss or something making you lose out on everything. Or just for the fun of it randomly.

I remember the "good old days" when you actually had to be in extraction to get full rewards (bonus credits, bonus affinity, and a few other things were only given if you were in extraction) and Loki could just ST you out of extraction at the very last second to cause you to lose rewards...for absolutely no other reason that "It was funny!"

This was incredibly rampant, and it took DE months to come up with the solution: Stop Loki from STing people out of extraction....then it took them months and months more to finally remove the requirement of sitting in extraction to get all of the rewards.
And that is one of the biggest problems with asking for a kick system: IT would be abusable for months before DE would get around to adding in anything to prevent the abuse...and until then you would have absolutely zero recourse!

3 hours ago, Ethorin said:

I've never actually encountered people who start the mission off doing their own thing.

I've occasionally seen people who don't have Skywing getting left so behind they don't make it to the objective before the objective is over and then decide that since they can't make it in time they might as well not waste their own time. I've occasionally seen people get super bored of trying to compete with a Saryn or Equinox for enemies to kill so they wander off to do something else. But I've never seen the "leecher" who starts out leeching.

Then you're lucky, that does not change for many others this happen frequently. 

3 hours ago, DeccanTraps said:

Are you saying the worst case wont happen?

I'm saying that is incredibly naive to judge a system using the worst possible scenario as a standard, which does not indeed accurately represent the in-game reality and dynamics. 

By using your same logic, one could say that even at the current state there are plentifull of possibilities to abuse the system and leeching, trolling and sabotaging should require a fix.

Just now, Cloud said:

Then you're lucky, that does not change for many others this happen frequently. 

I'm saying that is incredibly naive to judge a system using the worst possible scenario as a standard, which does not indeed accurately represent the in-game reality and dynamics. 

By using your same logic, one could say that even at the current state there are plentifull of possibilities to abuse the system and leeching, trolling and sabotaging should require a fix.

On the contrary I'd say its naive to design a system while pretending that the worst cases wont happen, nor is my saying this a statement that the present manners of greifing and abuse shouldn't be addressed, but lets not make new problems in trying to solve old ones. I do for the record think that leaching trolling and sabotage shuld be adressed. As well as just minor unpleasantness. I'd love to live in a world where it was unneeded, but I dont.

5 minutes ago, herozen13 said:

be it direct killing, team buffs, or protecting a target.

How exactly do you judge "Protecting a Target", how do figure out how much "team buffs" are contributing, what happens when two nukeframes are on the same team?

8 minutes ago, herozen13 said:

a way around leeches. you must contribute 10% of the goal in anyway. be it direct killing, team buffs, or protecting a target.

And then watch two nuke frames just stroll through various levels and stop anyone else from even coming close to "10%" participation...

Further how do you judge "protecting a target" from say a frost who cast snowglobe every few seconds and ran around inside of it?  How would the game verify that he cast it on the target to defend?
I mean arguably he did an important job even if he never contributes to the rest of the fight.....how would the game judge if he should get rewards?

Archived