Tips for Spy Missions

Question

22 answers to this question

1 minute ago, belthagor said:

Mag isn't a stealth frame right? Just making sure...

Nope. Mag isn't. Usually players refer to Ash, Ivara, and Loki when they say stealth frames. Some also include Octavia.

-Ivara, Loki, Octavia all have stealth. Limbo can phase walk into vaults or something?? (Ivara is by far the best,  she has an augment that lets her walk right through laser triggers and not set off alarms)

-One of the MOA heads hads a hacking precept.  Dont give them weapons.  MOA can only use precepts like once every 30 seconds or so.. they cant hack through every lock but they can get 1-2 of them for you.  

-You can use Spoiler mode to go invis...(dont use zenurik's enemy pull or electrcitiy nodes with spoiler mode or it can set off alarms lol)

-Get that x100 cipher from your dojo and have 100-200+ ciphers equipped =P

-------------------

We have to do spy all the time in sorties so get ivara asap,  regular or prime. (her augment is "infiltration")

Nothing will help with Lua Spy that place is a nightmare lol.  =/  I love doing Spy's just for fun now.  Between the different ranks and factions they just constantly change and are hard to learn lol.  

My Ivara is busy as hell in the Cambion Drift tho, hunting/fishing/mining.

Eather stealth frames or learn the room patterns, there is alwaysa way you can go to avoid be seen and sneak in, i suggest do small level ones, look trough all rooms and look where you can go, later higher levels block certain passaages but you usually can go other ways around then, there is always one path open.

Only thing you need to watch out for is cameras often in Corpus missions then. Make use of parcour and hold and sit on edges aswell to stay above certain abysses in certain rooms to bypass lasers aswell, while in Grineer ones you watch the scanners paths.

Also also, you often sometimes in certain rooms need to deactivate or hack lasers and barriers as well to deactivate those.

There is also a Parazon mod that makes you unvisible after a hack for a few seconds, that also helps when you hack and enter the room.

Limbo + Huras kubrow.  Limbo's rift will bypass lasers safely.  Huras kubrow's invisibility is consistent enough to hide from the enemies.  It's an over kill tbh but it does make all of the vault runs simple.  Eventually you will learn many of the shortcuts and tricks for each vault, but for now this is a good way to learn and crack the vaults easily.

Go solo and move slowly.

Use scanner to check for enemies and cameras.

If you manage to complete a spy vault, don't leave it yet. Search every nook and cranny for alternate routes and shortcuts, and try to use those next time.

In any case, once you really learn a spy vault, you can complete it with any non-stealth frame just as fast as a stealth frame (always faster than Ivara, because she's just too slow).

Limbo and Nova are the cheesiest options for Lua spy.

• Like 1

The only thing you really need for successful Spy missions is a good silent one-shot kill weapon.

I use a regular Paris bow with a few Forma on it so I can get maximum one-shot damage.

You could also use a high one-shot damage sniper rifle if you have the Hush mod to make it silent.

From there, it is just sneaking around and carefully examining the environment for Patrols and Routes.

Note that tripping alarms for the purposes of the Spy part of the mission only counts after you enter the specific spy area.

I also use this sort of setup for Rescue missions where is is imperative to take down the Wardens.

For Rescue, Frost is a good 'frame choice as you can globe your NPC while you clear out the trash.

Good Hunting!

Apart from "classic" stealth frames Wukong with his cloud walk and Nova with her portal can bypass laser barriers (you still need some plan to deal wih guards though.)

Titania can also blink past lasers, but her razorflies would alert the higher-level guards without killing them, so, not really ideal. Still, just tried it to see if it works, and it's a fun thing to try.

One advantage that Loki has is Decoy and Switch Teleport. Sometimes there are lasers and you can’t find the switch for it. Just place a decoy on the other side then Switch Teleport with it.

It’s quite convenient. Just make sure there are no enemies around. Decoy likes to shoot at things.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Go solo and move slowly.

Use scanner to check for enemies and cameras.

If you manage to complete a spy vault, don't leave it yet. Search every nook and cranny for alternate routes and shortcuts, and try to use those next time.

In any case, once you really learn a spy vault, you can complete it with any non-stealth frame just as fast as a stealth frame (always faster than Ivara, because she's just too slow).

Limbo and Nova are the cheesiest options for Lua spy.

you forgot Wukong.

if you take things at a walking pace, generally Spy Missions are quite easy. you can take a Suppressed Gun to make things easier, so that you can remove Cameras safely. bring Punch-Through on such a Gun too, so you can remove Cameras through (most) walls, too.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, (PS4)Lillekri said:

Save yourself a lot of time and just get Ivara Prime. Instant god mode for spy.

(Regular ivara much harder to get.)

You need to get Infiltrate as well, which, even with the new standing buff, may not be the easiest thing to do... But yea, after that and with max energy/efficiency/duration it is easy mode vaults.

16 hours ago, belthagor said:

Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask for tips, so far when I run a spy mission I have been on a team, I don't have a stealth frame and whenever I try to solo I trip the alarms and data gets purged X,X

Ivara is highly recommended to sneak for the Spy missions (her augment will also let you pass through lasers safely while cloaked)

Alternately, you CAN do them without it, just have to watch and avoid the sensors. There's almost always a backdoor option to sneak through to your objective, it helps to explore around a bit after you've cleared the vault to learn the various maps. Good luck 😄