Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us infuse more than one ability (idea)

Sahiratu

We could have some kind of category for the skills and then be allowed to use one of each at least ( also maybe forcing to keep an original one).

So 3 skills from different categories and 1 original

Maybe lead to some balance issues? I dont know, make 2 from different categories and 2 original.

Imo this system doesn't look thaaat fun the way it is now - Plus I couldn't even band-aid fix some frames in serious need of rework (cof cof hydroid) lol - But serious, for sure a single infuse skill will be amazing for some frames (Larva Protea?) but kinda mediocre for some others. Plus it could give us reason to subsume more than the tier A frame's abilities and create more combos and fun ways to play missions. =/

Maybe if we had categories it could be something like this (just an idea):

Damage  

Helminth - Expedite suffering
Helminth - Marked for Death
Ash - Shuriken
Frost - Ice Wave
Gara - Spectrorage
Gayss - Thermal Sunder
Hildryn - Pillage
Hydroid - Tempest Barrage
Inaros - Disiccation
Limbo - Banish
Mag - Pull (or utility?)
Nezha - Fire Walker
Nyx - Mind Control
Oberon - Smite
Octavia - Resonator
Revenant - Reave
Vauban - Tesla Bank
Volt - Shock
Wukong - Defy
Zephyr - Airbust

Buff

Helminth - Empower
Chroma - Elemental Ward  
Grandel - Nourish Strike
Mesa - Shooting Gallery
Mirage - Eclipse
Rhino - Roar
Valkyr - Warcry
Wisp - Breach Surge
Xaku - Xata's Whisper

Utility

Helminth - Perspicacity
Helminth - Energized Munitions
Helminth - Infested Mobility
Helminth - Rebuild Shields
Helminth - Master's Summons
Atlas - Petrify
Banshee - Silence
Baruuk - Lullaby
Ember - Fire Blast
Excalibur - Radial Blind
Garuda - Blood Altar
Harrow - Condemn
Khora - Ensnare
Ivara - Quiver
Loki - Decoy
Nekros - Terrify
Nidus - Larva Burst
Nova - Null Star
Protea - Dispensary
Saryn - Molt
Titania - Spellbind
Trinity - Well of Life

Although would be cool to infuse more than 1 ability into a frame. You can already see the crazy potential players have with just 1. As you mentioned Larva Protea. Imagine what op combos players could do with more than 1.

Hydroid isn’t a bad frame. Hydroid is a caster frame that’s good for being a team player instead of the farming frame everyone use him for. I think Hydriod is good for keeping enemies knocked down & keeping out the fight rather than a damaging frame

Honestly as much as they locked that bit of the game behind, you should have all 4 from the frame you scrap, trade 2 for 2, 1 for 1, 3 for 3, 4 for 4. And with the grind have your set of 4 of your choice per mod config. Any thing less is a slap in the face with how much Heart of Deimos you need to do then alone the other 2 worlds just to get that module, and then grind RailJack like crazy to feed it.

56 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Although would be cool to infuse more than 1 ability into a frame. You can already see the crazy potential players have with just 1. As you mentioned Larva Protea. Imagine what op combos players could do with more than 1.

Hydroid isn’t a bad frame. Hydroid is a caster frame that’s good for being a team player instead of the farming frame everyone use him for. I think Hydriod is good for keeping enemies knocked down & keeping out the fight rather than a damaging frame

You're right! That's why I said we could have categories. Just like they did with damage buff, you can't use a dmg buff on a frame that already have a damage buff unless you put it in the same slot. In this case this would be kinda a "buff" category... But I don't know, imo infusing one just still feels like a waste of a good system.

About Hydroid, I could agree with that if there wasn't any other frame that can do the same thing, but better. Either as a farm, cc or dps.

Khora can mass cc, dmg (even 1 hit kill SP enemies) and farm, and that's just one example.

Hydroid feels old, just like pre-rework Vauban.

Even without the idea of a rework Hydroid got some serious problems:

Drops follow Undertow so you can't see nor click on enemies to push them to water;

Tidal surge don't hold enemies while you pass by them (it could be at least useful and have great sinergy with undertow);

Tidal surge can't be controlled (like wukong cloud walker or revenant reave) and you will end up stucked in the walls;

Once DE changed impact dmg, Tempest Barrage now spread enemies all over the room. They used to get knocked down and was decent for control and have somewhat sinergy with the other skills but now they are all ragdolled;

He got 3 conditions on his skills, magnetic (Tentacle), impact (barrage, tidal and undertow) and slash (could be great, but it's from Tidal Surge lol) - none of this are good. Corrosive is great on Barrage but nothing out of this world and you need a whole mod slot for that.

To point just a few but that's another topic  =/

• 3 months later...

Yeah I didn't even know we could only use 1 infused ability at the same. I wanted to "min-max" my Wisp so I infused Rhino's roar on wisps 3rd ability. Then I put Hildryn's pillage on Wisps number 2 for some armor stripping and shield stripping so I could become a good overall support. Then I realized that after infusing Pillage my roar got deleted. "Wait did I do something wrong now?"....I then infused my wisp with roar again and then my pillage disapeared. "ok so what if I infuse pillage again but chose another layout?" so I did that and now I have roar and pillage on seperate layouts....but that's not what I wanted. So for a player who does this for the first time and take things for granted....I just lost like all my resources in one go just to get a roar on my Wisp because some idiot on Reddit stated we could have more then 1 ability.

Ah well....would be nice if I could have both roar and Pillage sometime in the future.

personally i would be against it , the reason being that most frames would end up with the exact same abilities because of that.
there is a tons of warframes in the game , it would be very bad if every warframe would end up with a random abilities +  roar + pillage + larva
what would be the reason for using any other frame than inaros or hyldrin (depending on if we infuse pillage or not) at that point ? 

so , no thanks.

• 8 months later...
В 31.08.2020 в 03:01, (XBOX)Cash201293 сказал:

Right now, the only part of warframes which matters is their damage output, due to armor scaling and lack of ACTUAL oneshot-mitigating mechanics (despite of shields), therefore Hydroid is trash-tier warframe... Well, at least he`s not Yareli...

We should be able to use any ability on any frame just limit it to 1 of each category like OP said. Being too powerful in Warframe??! Really? There is no such thing. As a guy who uses Warframe for roleplaying i enjoy fusing asthetics and powers to beable to mix that around and have a ember that looks like excalibur would be awesome. Could be really fun to mix it up. I see customization as the main drive for the games i play. I say yes to OP idea.

9 minutes ago, p_silveira said:

In theory, it could be a nice idea.

In practice, almost everybody would use the same meta build with the same 3x subsumed abilities on a popular frame. The same way everyone and their kitties run Gloom nowadays. Not great for build diversity.

There will always be meta followers and that is their choice. We should still have to option to be different. It doesnt effect me if I am the only pink elephant in the room. I like pink.

7 hours ago, p_silveira said:

In theory, it could be a nice idea.

In practice, almost everybody would use the same meta build with the same 3x subsumed abilities on a popular frame. The same way everyone and their kitties run Gloom nowadays. Not great for build diversity.

Do you know what I could due with a hall of mirrors + iron skin + vex armor + exalted blade build?

Vex armor would buff up the armor which iron skin would greatly get buffed to like 100,000+. Then it would buff up exalted blade allowing me to deal huge amounts of damage in a single hit. Which would be increased even further with Hall of mirrors. 

That would be one of the most tankiest and damaging builds. And you still have no idea of the combos I could still make with all the others. 

Unlike most players, I tend to do experiments with warframe combos. Rhino Roar alone does a lot for horde killing frames. That should be enough. But no, they want to make a God of Warframe build which would be too much. 

DE literally nerfs abilities and weapons because of how OP they are. Why would they consider doing the exact opposite? 

And what is the ultimate goal? To reach wave 1,000 on defense? Like wtf??? Why the demands for builds more OP than the already OP? What are they trying to gain? What’s the purpose?

Imagine a new player sacrificing every single frame to the Helminth then build the best defense, best spy, and best kill frames. Only 3 frames to clear every mission in the game with minimum effort. 

At this point dudes are just getting greedy/gluttony/lazy. They might as well ask DE for a cheat code to make missions automatically get completed and gain like 100,000 of every resource and credit in that mission. 

On 2020-08-30 at 6:44 PM, Sahiratu said:

We could have some kind of category for the skills and then be allowed to use one of each at least ( also maybe forcing to keep an original one).

Maybe lead to some balance issues? I dont know, make 2 from different categories and 2 original.

Imo this system doesn't look thaaat fun the way it is now - Plus I couldn't even band-aid fix some frames in serious need of rework (cof cof hydroid) lol - But serious, for sure a single infuse skill will be amazing for some frames (Larva Protea?) but kinda mediocre for some others. Plus it could give us reason to subsume more than the tier A frame's abilities and create more combos and fun ways to play missions. =/

Damage  

Ash - Shuriken
Frost - Ice Wave
Gara - Spectrorage
Gayss - Thermal Sunder
Hildryn - Pillage
Inaros - Disiccation
Limbo - Banish
Mag - Pull (or utility?)
Nezha - Fire Walker
Nyx - Mind Control
Oberon - Smite
Octavia - Resonator
Revenant - Reave
Vauban - Tesla Bank
Volt - Shock
Wukong - Defy
Zephyr - Airbust

Buff

Helminth - Empower
Chroma - Elemental Ward  
Grandel - Nourish Strike
Mesa - Shooting Gallery
Mirage - Eclipse
Rhino - Roar
Valkyr - Warcry
Wisp - Breach Surge
Xaku - Xata's Whisper

Utility

Helminth - Perspicacity
Atlas - Petrify
Banshee - Silence
Baruuk - Lullaby
Ember - Fire Blast
Excalibur - Radial Blind
Garuda - Blood Altar
Harrow - Condemn
Khora - Ensnare
Ivara - Quiver
Loki - Decoy
Nekros - Terrify
Nidus - Larva Burst
Nova - Null Star
Protea - Dispensary
Saryn - Molt
Titania - Spellbind
Trinity - Well of Life

Too much and too OP. Ain’t gonna happen. 

On 2020-08-30 at 4:44 PM, Sahiratu said:

Damage  

Ash - Shuriken
Frost - Ice Wave
Gara - Spectrorage
Gayss - Thermal Sunder
Hildryn - Pillage
Inaros - Disiccation
Limbo - Banish
Mag - Pull (or utility?)
Nezha - Fire Walker
Nyx - Mind Control
Oberon - Smite
Octavia - Resonator
Revenant - Reave
Vauban - Tesla Bank
Volt - Shock
Wukong - Defy
Zephyr - Airbust

Buff

Helminth - Empower
Chroma - Elemental Ward  
Grandel - Nourish Strike
Mesa - Shooting Gallery
Mirage - Eclipse
Rhino - Roar
Valkyr - Warcry
Wisp - Breach Surge
Xaku - Xata's Whisper

Utility

Helminth - Perspicacity
Atlas - Petrify
Banshee - Silence
Baruuk - Lullaby
Ember - Fire Blast
Excalibur - Radial Blind
Garuda - Blood Altar
Harrow - Condemn
Khora - Ensnare
Ivara - Quiver
Loki - Decoy
Nekros - Terrify
Nidus - Larva Burst
Nova - Null Star
Protea - Dispensary
Saryn - Molt
Titania - Spellbind
Trinity - Well of Life

Great idea. I was really excited about infuse until realizing that only few amiabilities are available. ALL abilities of all warframes should be available to be infused. 

Archived