Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oops, you did it again

kazenioware

Problem is: DE doesn't really do funny.

Helminth "Audrey" could be really, really dark, twisted and funny. And they tried. But one joke, swallowing your pet its a start, but that is what i call wasted potential.

Look what they did with Ordis. He is nerve racking, and nothing but. It is beyond my comprehension, that someone could find it amusing.

Again, it could be funny, but then again, it probably won't happen, because it didnt happen so far, and it's been awhile.

Ironically, this comparison is not original either.

Fortunately, something doesn't have to be 100% original to be good, since truly original art is incredible few and far between even amongst the greatest masters (and isn't even guaranteed to be good anyway).

On 2020-08-30 at 5:56 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

i wouldve preferred if it looked more like Audrey II. Something about the current design doesnt hit the mark for me

Helminth doesn't have teeth.  It's a got the same kind of mouth as Kermit the Frog.  Someone even posted a screenshot somewhere of their Helminth with decorations to look like googly eyes, and called it Melvin the Toad.

6 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Helminth doesn't have teeth.  It's a got the same kind of mouth as Kermit the Frog.  Someone even posted a screenshot somewhere of their Helminth with decorations to look like googly eyes, and called it Melvin the Toad.

That gif is from an 80ies movie called "Little Shop of Horrors". Similarities though, teeth or not, are overwhelmingly so.

On 2020-08-30 at 4:57 PM, kazenioware said:

Oops, you did it again
You ctrl+C with your PC, got Ctrl+V in the game

Oh baby, baby
Oops, you think the plant is groovy 
That's true, but we did see too that movie
You're not that innocent

5d4d7d0eb730fef1245190feebfd3456

The Jugulus really don't look like venus mantraps. Now, they're a lot closer to Mars than Venus, if you get my drift

On 2020-09-04 at 11:29 PM, kazenioware said:

That gif is from an 80ies movie called "Little Shop of Horrors". Similarities though, teeth or not, are overwhelmingly so.

I was suggesting *why* Helminth didn't hit the mark for looking like Audrey II.  It's because Helminth looks more like an eyeless Kermit, because *no teeth.*  I'm fully aware of Little Shop of Horrors, the local movie theater has been trying to stay afloat by playing "classic" movies since A) Hollywood isn't making anything, and B) they spent half the year already not allowed to open.  So far they've done Ghostbusters and Lost Boys (original, not reboots,) The Goonies, Stand By Me, Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan, Jurassic Park, and... (dun dun duuuunn!) Little Shop of Horrors.

Archived