Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

good subsume abilities for hydroid?

crackbeard

Is this going to be the same as rivens, where players are going to ask over and over if something is good or bad?

You have your own style of gameplay, you know the abilities available (for some time mind you), pick the one you believe will benefit you the most.

i was looking into abilities like comdemn, elemental ward, nourish, and pillage. i feel like he has pretty ok CC and i want to either increase my ability to support my team or be more tanky against steel path enemies outside of the puddle. because hes basically unkillable but if you want to be unkillable you have to also be a mostly stationary puddle lol.

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

Is this going to be the same as rivens, where players are going to ask over and over if something is good or bad?

You have your own style of gameplay, you know the abilities available (for some time mind you), pick the one you believe will benefit you the most.

you are very right! but im just fishing around for any good ideas while i take the time to think for myself. i have my ideas i think will be good but maybe somebody with a different perspective has an idea thats really powerfull i wouldn't have thought of. 

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

I mean yes and no. Just cause an ability is good on paper doesnt mean itll fit every frame just cause due to each frame having a general setup regarding stats. For example, just cause molt is a good regen ability and provides a decoy, doesnt mean itll fit a frame that doesnt need alot of str or duration. 

Asking the community what fits a specific frame isnt asking for a meta build imo cause there can be many options that fit that wont necessarily make the frame op but will compliment the persons playstyle.

OT: op, whats yer build like? If its range and duration, grouping abilities would be good on hydroid. If its str and duration, maybe cc debuffs like terror will also work 

Just now, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

I mean yes and no. Just cause an ability is good on paper doesnt mean itll fit every frame just cause due to each frame having a general setup regarding stats. For example, just cause molt is a good regen ability and provides a decoy, doesnt mean itll fit a frame that doesnt need alot of str or duration. 

Asking the community what fits a specific frame isnt asking for a meta build imo cause there can be many options that fit that wont necessarily make the frame op but will compliment the persons playstyle.

OT: op, whats yer build like? If its range and duration, grouping abilities would be good on hydroid. If its str and duration, maybe cc debuffs like terror will also work 

ive been changing my build around a lot recently but i usually run plenty of duration and defensive mods with either strength or range like you said. im looking for abilities that will either help me assist my team better and/or be more survivable outside of puddle form, hydroid is weird though in that he seems to be high shield and medium health with low armor and im used to playing mostly health based frames so im looking for ideas.

21 minutes ago, crackbeard said:

just got helminth and im trying to decide which warframe to subsume, my first choice is going to be to replace the 2 on hydroid most likely. any good ideas?

Hydroid has a good shield base, so using Harrow's Condemn can work well enough for him, and give him reliable 1-button CC on top of it.

Pillage can do the same thing and fits the "Pirate" theme well too.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

Hydroid has a good shield base, so using Harrow's Condemn can work well enough for him, and give him reliable 1-button CC on top of it.

Pillage can do the same thing and fits the "Pirate" theme well too.

those are two that i was thinking about! i want to try and make him more tanky against steel path enemies and/or support the team more. which do you think would be better for that?

2 minutes ago, crackbeard said:

those are two that i was thinking about! i want to try and make him more tanky against steel path enemies and/or support the team more. which do you think would be better for that?

Pillage can take away armor and shields, that has a better passive effect overall, Condemn is a better option when fighting Infested since they don't often have shields or armor to take.

So overall I'd say Pillage for Corpus/Grineer, Condemn for Infested. The technical support for the team from Pillage outweighs the CC of Condemn in most cases, but Condemn is a viable option if the team you're running is low on hard CC.

I would think Ensnare or Larva if you're using Pilfering Tentacles.. draw them all to one spot, then noodle it up.
Worth testing if Spellbound would disrupt tentacle grabbing, because if it doesn't, Spellbound Harvest augment would be an energy generator.
Pull could work.. yank a bunch of people, and turn into your puddle to catch them. Tentacle Swarm, and pop out of puddle.. All enemies neatly trapped.
You could also scrap his 2 for Reave... giving you roughly the same mobility, but with more survival utility.
Hydroid could benefit greatly from Defy.. not that his armor will gain much, but it would save his skin in a pinch.
Radial Blind or Lull would allow for finishers, which would increase his damage potential and stealth kit greatly.

I personally think I'll scrap his tentacles and use Breech Surge in tandem with his Tempest Barrage.. but I don't use him for Pilfer.

17 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I would think Ensnare or Larva if you're using Pilfering Tentacles.. draw them all to one spot, then noodle it up.
Worth testing if Spellbound would disrupt tentacle grabbing, because if it doesn't, Spellbound Harvest augment would be an energy generator.
Pull could work.. yank a bunch of people, and turn into your puddle to catch them. Tentacle Swarm, and pop out of puddle.. All enemies neatly trapped.
You could also scrap his 2 for Reave... giving you roughly the same mobility, but with more survival utility.
Hydroid could benefit greatly from Defy.. not that his armor will gain much, but it would save his skin in a pinch.
Radial Blind or Lull would allow for finishers, which would increase his damage potential and stealth kit greatly.

I personally think I'll scrap his tentacles and use Breech Surge in tandem with his Tempest Barrage.. but I don't use him for Pilfer.

Even tesla from vauban would be nice. Defys definitely a boon for most frames even if they dont have alotta armor just cause it gives some invulnerability in a pinch. The way you framed pull sounds like a fun way to make a mobile tentacle swarm lol. Definitely giving that a shot. Great plus is you can also get the loot in one place and can swap in a pet like the lifesteal one or one of the new ones for dmg/utility

6 minutes ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

Even tesla from vauban would be nice.

I did consider those, but my build is all wrong for that.

Something I'm thinking about on the note of his Armor.. applicable to any frame.. Hema + Health Conversion + Pool Of Life. You've got lots of healing at your disposal, sure.. but more importantly, you're chipping bits of your life off to pick up Health Orbs, and generate that nice 1k+ armor bonus.

Oh! Totally forgot... Ore Gaze. If you're a pilf-droid with reasonably high STR, then you might be able to stack the looting up a bit further.

4 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I did consider those, but my build is all wrong for that.

Something I'm thinking about on the note of his Armor.. applicable to any frame.. Hema + Health Conversion + Pool Of Life. You've got lots of healing at your disposal, sure.. but more importantly, you're chipping bits of your life off to pick up Health Orbs, and generate that nice 1k+ armor bonus.

Ooooo thats a sweet idea too. Hell that might make tanky frames better like nidus or mesa. Maybe even slot in equilibrium for energy too. 

Archived