Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trumna Sound FX

(XBOX)x Deathcraft x

4 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Am I the only one thinking that the magazine clip of the Trumna is physically too small? I mean, the thing is huge and it surely has to fire very high caliber rounds, shouldn't the magazine be... I don't know... Bigger?

For same reasons you can put 99 energy pizzas, 999 Kinetic Siphon Trap and 999 Codex Scanner inside your pocket, and for same reasons ammo pickups are universal, this is not really a problem. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)RATHURUE said:

For same reasons you can put 99 energy pizzas, 999 Kinetic Siphon Trap and 999 Codex Scanner inside your pocket, and for same reasons ammo pickups are universal, this is not really a problem. 

Except I'm not talking about the amount of bullets you have in the magazine, but the magazine clip itself being small physically. I'm not talking about capacity, but the physical aspect of it.

23 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Except I'm not talking about the amount of bullets you have in the magazine, but the magazine clip itself being small physically. I'm not talking about capacity, but the physical aspect of it.

K den, what about Kuva Ayanga? It's an automatic grenade launcher that's built like tank cannon. It has no visible magazine clip anywhere, yet it can hold 33 ammo per clip unmodified. From the barrel opening, the projectile should be something of grapefruit sized. And yet nobody complained about it.  

Next entry, Acceltra. No visible magazine clip you can see, nothing ejected nor inserted from the main gun while reloading. Fires dumbfire mini rockets, 48 unmodded magazine cap.

Another entry: Zarr. A literal 'hand cannon' AKA naval artillery cannon you take by hand. Again, has no visible 'magazine' yet holds 3 shots per 'reload' at base capacity.You can put magazine extension and have it reloads 10 cannonballs despite by the size of the balls it shot, those balls will be stuck somewhere 3/4th length of the barrel. Despite having only 3 shots per reload, secondary fire shots 10 pellets.

Game logic does not require direct correlation with real life logic. Likewise, game design does not need to be restrained by real life design.

On 2020-09-05 at 3:54 PM, (NSW)RATHURUE said:

K den, what about Kuva Ayanga? It's an automatic grenade launcher that's built like tank cannon. It has no visible magazine clip anywhere, yet it can hold 33 ammo per clip unmodified. From the barrel opening, the projectile should be something of grapefruit sized. And yet nobody complained about it.  

Next entry, Acceltra. No visible magazine clip you can see, nothing ejected nor inserted from the main gun while reloading. Fires dumbfire mini rockets, 48 unmodded magazine cap.

Another entry: Zarr. A literal 'hand cannon' AKA naval artillery cannon you take by hand. Again, has no visible 'magazine' yet holds 3 shots per 'reload' at base capacity.You can put magazine extension and have it reloads 10 cannonballs despite by the size of the balls it shot, those balls will be stuck somewhere 3/4th length of the barrel. Despite having only 3 shots per reload, secondary fire shots 10 pellets.

Game logic does not require direct correlation with real life logic. Likewise, game design does not need to be restrained by real life design.

Dude cool down. Why are you taking it so personally? I just said that I feel the clip could be bigger. Jesus man, it's a game. Can we talk about it without you feeling attacked?

1 hour ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Dude cool down. Why are you taking it so personally? I just said that I feel the clip could be bigger. Jesus man, it's a game. Can we talk about it without you feeling attacked?

It's not 'talk about it' if all you're doing is just presenting a non-problem and try to turn it into a problem. Let's return to the original point: you asked about how Trumma magazine looks too small for its mag size. I presented 'game-y' explanation to how it fits. You then returned the argument by dragging PHYSICAL aspect of the magazine size in a game where you can summon a freaking giant robot from nowhere. I replied with examples of how physical sizes of armament does not corellate with how their internal mechanism would work realistically, based on other weapons that's already in-game.

And then you called me 'taking it personally'? That's not how communication works. One party proposes a question, one party proposes an answer. If the first party finds the second party's answer compelling, then the argument ended. If the first party doesn't, then the argument continues. You don't call the second party 'personally taking it' if you don't like the answer provided, as the second party doesn't have any responsibility to stick around until you feel your inquiries answered.  

That said, goodluck getting your suggestion noted by DE, I'm out.

9 minutes ago, (NSW)RATHURUE said:

It's not 'talk about it' if all you're doing is just presenting a non-problem and try to turn it into a problem. Let's return to the original point: you asked about how Trumma magazine looks too small for its mag size. I presented 'game-y' explanation to how it fits. You then returned the argument by dragging PHYSICAL aspect of the magazine size in a game where you can summon a freaking giant robot from nowhere. I replied with examples of how physical sizes of armament does not corellate with how their internal mechanism would work realistically, based on other weapons that's already in-game.

And then you called me 'taking it personally'? That's not how communication works. One party proposes a question, one party proposes an answer. If the first party finds the second party's answer compelling, then the argument ended. If the first party doesn't, then the argument continues. You don't call the second party 'personally taking it' if you don't like the answer provided, as the second party doesn't have any responsibility to stick around until you feel your inquiries answered.  

That said, goodluck getting your suggestion noted by DE, I'm out.

It's fine man, you love the game, there's nothing wrong with it for you. I get it! I'm happy for you! But... you know what? I never asked for your opinion. And much less for such a novel just for saying that I think a magazine clip is too small for a weapon.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

It's fine man, you love the game, there's nothing wrong with it for you. I get it! I'm happy for you! But... you know what? I never asked for your opinion. And much less for such a novel just for saying that I think a magazine clip is too small for a weapon.

Ah yes, thanks to you too for having wasted your time reading and replying to me about this totally-not-a-question-phrased inquiry to the design team that's somehow posted on a totally related topic about Sound FX of a totally fictional weapon that can't be created in reality and somehow has design problems based on reality.

Archived