Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sepulcrum

svegurok

It is very fun weapon but for the fun gimmick to work you first need to charge it with kills. My proposal is that you have the autoaim gimmick all the time and when you hit the alternate weapon button it does the same thing as now up to 6 enemies targeted with that heavy hitting autoshots.

In which case, the projectiles themselves would need to be nerfed, otherwise it'd just be the smart pistol from Titanfall, and it'd get boring way faster.

I prefer it this way. It means that skill is still a factor, which should always be at least somewhat the case in an action game. 

4 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

smart pistol from Titanfall,

Ya know, playing thru the storyline I found that smart pistol to be kinda illogical

In that, if such a powerful weapon technology exists; why would you only use it as a last ditch survival kit gun?

Isn't it a smarter strategy to invest the best resources you can up front where it's more likely to be of help, and maybe avoid being in the last ditch situation in the first place?

That seems to be the strategy most real militaries use, 'last ditch' weapons tend to be pretty dire....

3 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Ya know, playing thru the storyline I found that smart pistol to be kinda illogical

In that, if such a powerful weapon technology exists; why would you only use it as a last ditch survival kit gun?

Isn't it a smarter strategy to invest the best resources you can up front where it's more likely to be of help, and maybe avoid being in the last ditch situation in the first place?

That seems to be the strategy most real militaries use, 'last ditch' weapons tend to be pretty dire....

Gameplay answer: eleventh hour superpower.

Attempting to add logic to a logicless situation, it's probably because it's super expensive. The Militia gives them to the SERE kits because pilots are valuable, and situations where they're going to be in that situation are going to be comparatively rare due to the capabilities of the pilots and titans. Meanwhile, initial deployment is almost always going to happen as part of any given mission, and the smart pistol is probably going to get destroyed or discarded over the course of a mission anyway, meaning they'll need to be replaced more often. So, if the smart pistol was standard-issue, that dramatically ramps up the cost of any given engagement.

Archived