Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Breach Surge Sparks Bypass the Rift?

weeaboopotato

Question

Ive been looking for things for put on Limbo ever since the Helminth system has been introduced. So I wanted to know all abilities that can bypass the rift, but most specifically breach surge sparks. The goal is to use the mutalist cernos and create an infinite fountain of damage that is stationary. Basically a turret on limbo that is also invincible that can be activated in the rift and affect enemies out the rift. However im not sure if the breach surge sparks can reach enemies outside the rift?

4 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, weeaboopotato said:

Ive been looking for things for put on Limbo ever since the Helminth system has been introduced. So I wanted to know all abilities that can bypass the rift, but most specifically breach surge sparks. The goal is to use the mutalist cernos and create an infinite fountain of damage that is stationary. Basically a turret on limbo that is also invincible that can be activated in the rift and affect enemies out the rift. However im not sure if the breach surge sparks can reach enemies outside the rift?

This would be an interesting test.

I will subsume Wisp next to see how this interaction works.

From my testing i belive they do indeed bypass the rift entire. Theres some fun testing to be done there.

Anacdotal evidence thus far is my sim testing. 

More tangible evidence is that similar projectiles from the kitgun arcane that creates sparks upon headshot does the same.

I believe every single Warframe Power works regardless of which side of the Rift you are on.  I don't believe I've heard of any exceptions to this rule, ever.  It would probably be worth testing something like an Exalted Weapon, just in case it for some reason played more by weapon rules than by Power rules, but that would be just to double-check.  For Breach Surge, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work.

On 2020-08-31 at 9:05 AM, weeaboopotato said:

warframe powers bypass the rift
making if a limbo had breach surge he would be able to cast it on enemies while he in the rift an then allies could attack these surged enemies while limbo is still in the rift.
or when enemies are affected by rift he can slide out an attack being more ninja like tatic

Archived