Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of the Necromech ?

White_Matter

Legit question.

After crafting mine yesterday, I took it for a spin and I saw no point of using it, other than using it to do something different for the sake of doing something different.

It is fun to use against weaker infested due to it's gunning and movement mechanics, but it is also Inferior to every other vehicle in terms of mobility, so you can't use it to traverse the open world. You have to resummon it once you get from point A to point B. But then it has a cooldown timer on the summon. It is not a very practical application when you realize you have to leave it behind all the time.

Even if we assume DE smoothes out all the jitters(Xp loss) I don't see this more practical than say a Kdrive unless  you are into mini games. 

Which makes me think that DE has probably a bossfight/mission type planned ahead to mandate it's use.  What is your take on that ? 

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

Which makes me think that DE has probably a bossfight/mission type planned ahead to mandate it's use.  What is your take on that ? 

If they DO do this, then they will have to reduce the grind for it by alteast a 50% and refund the players who already spent it, locking out players to a mission type or boss type, behind a stupid grind is very unacceptable.

I hope they don't do this until they meet that requirement, I spent so long getting the Ores and Gems to get the Mech, it was painfully dumb, I lucked out a few times and sold a bunch of relics/prime stuff to grab the actual mech parts tho for Plat, cuz of the grind. (I still regret buying stuff in the past with real money to this day, lucky for me I spent worse on IRL things). 

1 minute ago, -Kittens- said:

There's a boost, a slide boost and a Hi I'm Fat Rhino Slide Boost Boost. All of these go plenty fast and can be modded to go faster, and if that's not Sanic enough for you then equip a speed aura, infested speed boost and exilus speed boost.

The slide boost is pretty slow and it empties the bar within a few seconds. If anything it is good for a short burst.

I'm guessing yours is fully modded ? And even then, I doubt there is any point to use it instead of Kdrive or Archwing.

12 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

How so ?

using boost jumping (aka: boost > jump > boost just before you land > repeat) you can go quite fast for considerable lenghts of time, especially if you have slipstream (+60% boost speed), this is due to the fact that you can do a quick boost losing only a fraction of your boost bar and then jump, keeping the momentum and not using any boost untill you are about to hit the ground again, and you just do a microboost and jump again.

not as fast as archwings but certanly K-drive levels.

on the point of them in general, im not sure how you missed that.

its quite tanky and has access to archguns, which are very powerfull when modded correctly, and comes with one of the most powerfull archguns yet.

its first ability is a powerfull AOE slow

its second is iron skin

its third i have not experimented enough with to comment.

its 4th ability is the highest damage thing in the entire game and its rapid fire and AOE and gives damage reduction.

all of this is adding onto the fact that its a second healthbar over your warframe, when the mech dies, you simply are in operator form and go right back to your warframe. there is no great loss outside of temporary loss of access to it, which just means you are back to warframe as usual untill its back, and this can happen instantly as its cooldown starts when you summon the mech, not when it dies. so if it dies chances are you can insta summon it again.

the necramech is a powerhouse of damage dealing and is a great boon to your survivability, made up for by no internal energy generation and more clunky movement.

and most imporantly, you do not need to adjust your loadout at all for it. at most you can add dispensary to your build to fuel its energy consumption which is hardly a great loss as thats a good ability anyway.

a full squad of fully equipped necramechs with a full squad of fully equipped warframes behind it is just about the most bonkers thing you can get.

add onto this it being a full squad of umbra's which can fight alongside your necramech due to his passive and you effectivly got 8 tenno on the field.

1 minute ago, Cybercobra2 said:

using boost jumping (aka: boost > jump > boost just before you land > repeat) you can go quite fast for considerable lenghts of time, especially if you have slipstream.

not as fast as archwings but certanly K-drive levels.

on the point of them in general, im not sure how you missed that.

its quite tanky and has access to archguns, which are very powerfull when modded correctly, and comes with one of the most powerfull archguns yet.

its first ability is a powerfull AOE slow

its second is iron skin

its third i have not experimented enough with to comment.

its 4th ability is the highest damage thing in the entire game and its rapid fire and AOE and gives damage reduction.

all of this is adding onto the fact that its a second healthbar over your warframe, when the mech dies, you simply are in operator form and go right back to your warframe. there is no great loss outside of temporary loss of access to it, which just means you are back to warframe as usual untill its back, and this can happen instantly as its cooldown starts when you summon the mech, not when it dies. so if it dies chances are you can insta summon it again.

the necramech is a powerhouse of damage dealing and is a great boon to your survivability, made up for by no internal energy generation and more clunky movement.

and most imporantly, you do not need to adjust your loadout at all for it. at most you can add dispensary to your build to fuel its energy consumption which is hardly a great loss as thats a good ability anyway.

a full squad of fully equipped necramechs with a full squad of fully equipped warframes behind it is just about the most bonkers thing you can get.

Yeah but it doesn't change the fact that it's vertical movement is extremely limited. I couldn't get to some objectives in Deimos which were on high cliffs.

3 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Yeah but it doesn't change the fact that it's vertical movement is extremely limited. I couldn't get to some objectives in Deimos which were on high cliffs.

then you hop out real quick, get up the cliff, and deploy the mech at the desired location for those special cases. its cooldown isnt long.

and its not meant to be a traversal thing anyway. the fact that it can be fast is but a bonus.

you dont use the necramech to GET to where you want to go. you use it to dominate the objective when you are there.

and due to its speed you dont have to leave it behind all the time, just the rare cases where you need to go up a straight cliff.

1 minute ago, Wevi said:

it doesnt have a general use yet and anything that could have worked with it has been purposely nerfed.
Demios part 2 i guess.

say that to my squad  doing steel path bounties with them due to their firepower and the fact that they are a second healthbar. they have made it much easyer.

Just now, Cybercobra2 said:

then you hop out real quick, get up the cliff, and deploy the mech at the desired location for those special cases. its cooldown isnt long.

and its not meant to be a traversal thing anyway. the fact that it can be fast is but a bonus.

you dont use the necramech to GET to where you want to go. you use it to dominate the objective when you are there.

I explained why that isn't practical. 

Getting from one edge of Deimos to the other takes 10 seconds tops. 

So you arrive at point A, deploy the mech. 3 minute cooldown starts. You finish the objective in 1.5 minutes or less, hop on to your archwing, go to point B in 5 seconds. So there is still 1-1.5 minutes on the clock. 

I mean, the dudes above me have already said the mobility part, however, I can guarantee you that I see people are using it as an alternative to one-shot eidolons and profit-takers.

Because HOLY HELL bastion is absolutely broken, and even still will be after they patch the double dipping mods.

DE has shown interest in allowing their use in normal missions, so I would assume they will be usable in railjack too in the future.

Also, Necromech PvP when DE? I'm pretty sure it would be lore friendly too given Father likes a good fight 😉

12 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

If they DO do this, then they will have to reduce the grind for it by alteast a 50% and refund the players who already spent it, locking out players to a mission type or boss type, behind a stupid grind is very unacceptable.

I hope they don't do this until they meet that requirement, I spent so long getting my mech, it was painfully dumb, I lucked out a few times and sold a bunch of relics/prime stuff to grab them for Plat, cuz of the grind. (I still regret buying stuff in the past with real money to this day, lucky for me I spent worse on IRL things). 

What utter nonsense. You can pick up the full set to build a Necramech on wf.market right now for 10 plat, 10 plat! A mere 6 days after the update released. If for some reason you absolutely cannot get the parts to drop which I would find suspect since the drop rates are not outlandish and then refuse to spend 10 plat to simply buy the parts and therefore are "locked" out of content then so be it, you've only yourself to blame. 

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

How so ?

Story plot, those who didn't did the HoD's story quest do not read into the spoiler and also get ready for block of text

Spoiler

The HoD which the heart of all warframe needed that heart from that place which strangely requires to have the void open and having the heart beating to keep the in line of keeping our warframe alive which strangely this is our power source for our warframe which it doesn't require eat, drink or any other special needs.  Without the heart we are useless as dung pile which our shield, our power dies and all we have hp and small flimsy armor to tempory protect us but those necramech proven they are still more powerful but laid question why weren't these things were not deploy on other planet.  This question about the design, as the other design about it including the Paradox void of that trailer show the point of view that these necramech were in that type of line that is giving us a hint that we the tenno are able control machines if not turn on or either offline.  This is story plot pose to be remain true and stay true and it did issues about void children were able going into the machines and mess around with it.

These Necramech were made by "grandfather" to be more of back up plan and do massive overkill because well obviously they were still at war with the sentient and basically you can blame the son dropping some infested spill and do wham accident.  Yet it prove that these necramechs can stand their own ground while warframe struggles fighting infested depending how long the period of time.  The "Family" didn't want call the warframe or either anyone else to come into the planet because the infestation is highly too strong for anyone to get involved or knowing any secret as to be so pretty much you can say they were on the budget.  As again if your wondering "why isn't these Necramechs aren't deploy to fight the sentient?" that is good question if you ask, but the reason why they didn't deploy them fight against the sentient is because due of sentient can break down any machines or "auto learn" and then just hack it away they could easily adapt any machine to become that machine as in you just upgrade the terminator to be from 1.0 to 10.0 because it prove that these necramech can kill warframe at eased like cutting a butter.

The question is why didn't the orokin who got assassinated use these necramech to protect them at all cost?  beats me, but all I know they plan this some strange reason to let their death seem to be to the point for I believed they fake their death and possible they fake other ppl death depending how they want to do it.  This bring up specters how they were brought up in the storyline with Coin Man who want you insert large coin, why I brought that up is because he is the guy made the specters and his was stolen by the orokin as the orokin could do massive fun :poop:about it the fact is pretty much hard to say but this is where I believed they fake their death pretty good if you ask me which kind of confusing in matter of ways.  Then again we have to go back to the point of the necramech the fact they weren't place as bodyguards they were place as bodyguards mainly on the force of HoD because due of seem as to be the most valuable resources as to be.  This would explain why all the void fissuer was all over the place for it could be over piling up everywhere where possible that there is a orokin abandon place is probably over piled with these void essence because it isn't being controlled or distribute where it is pose to go for we find them in the vault here and there.  In other words HoD is piling massive resources of void essence and we probably hit the jackpot if we find the real sources to get the massive production of them.  At the time being this is going give me headache think about it but later on this one I will flipping deal with the necramech.

The necramech weren't deploy only in HoD but they were being made in the void and probably been deploy there too but if you ask me why we don't find them in the void rift?  Good quesiton why, because the we can't find an OM of the area in the void rift because it has not been made yet.  Soon we will get our full answer but right now get your necraloid rank up with them and find out the story about it.

7 minutes ago, -Alleluia- said:

What utter nonsense. You can pick up the full set to build a Necramech on wf.market right now for 10 plat, 10 plat!

Necramech farm rubbed too many people the wrong way because of parts falling through the floor in the first few days.

I was getting near full sets in a single run, while the rest of my team didn't get a single part.

Now that it's fixed, you can get a full set quite easily in a single run (sitting on 27 sets here, and increasing).

5 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I explained why that isn't practical. 

Getting from one edge of Deimos to the other takes 10 seconds tops. 

So you arrive at point A, deploy the mech. 3 minute cooldown starts. You finish the objective in 1.5 minutes or less, hop on to your archwing, go to point B in 5 seconds. So there is still 1-1.5 minutes on the clock. 

why are you doing that every time? just do it when the objective is very far or up a cliff.

deimos is fairly small, most objectives are only like 500m away. the necramech can clear this distance with ease, you most likely only show up a dosen seconds behind the archwing guys.

and even if you dont decide to do that, you do archwing everywhere becouse those seconds do matter to you or your squad and thats completely fair.

did lose your warframe somewhere along the way? last i checked you still have that, and your weapons, so if it really bothers you, just use the necramech when fitting, the more tricky or long running bounty missions.

and before you say "well why not use my warframe all the time then?" well why not just run the game with the braton and excalibur then? you can beat the game fine with them two.

its a tool for you to use, a powerfull one, just like everything else in the game. i have already found plenty of use for it, especially high level missions where you need to keep a area clear.

20 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I hope they don't do this until they meet that requirement, I spent so long getting my mech, it was painfully dumb, I lucked out a few times and sold a bunch of relics/prime stuff to grab them for Plat, cuz of the grind. (I still regret buying stuff in the past with real money to this day, lucky for me I spent worse on IRL things). 

You do realise this is not CoD. You realise there are games that lock theyr content behind a level requirement? You know not big names. Like every MMORPG? About the grind for mechs. You can not be real. You are either lying or lazy. After the patch at friday the parts are dropping like trash. Thats why a whole sett costs around ->10 PLATINUM <-.

Archived