Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of the Necromech ?

White_Matter

Am 31.8.2020 um 17:19 schrieb White_Matter:

Legit question.

After crafting mine yesterday, I took it for a spin and I saw no point of using it, other than using it to do something different for the sake of doing something different.

It is fun to use against weaker infested due to it's gunning and movement mechanics, but it is also Inferior to every other vehicle in terms of mobility, so you can't use it to traverse the open world. You have to resummon it once you get from point A to point B. But then it has a cooldown timer on the summon. It is not a very practical application when you realize you have to leave it behind all the time.

Even if we assume DE smoothes out all the jitters(Xp loss) I don't see this more practical than say a Kdrive unless  you are into mini games. 

Which makes me think that DE has probably a bossfight/mission type planned ahead to mandate it's use.  What is your take on that ? 

Translation: I tried something that I did not like from the start for 5 minutes and SURPRISE, I don't like it.

My take personally: play what you like, it is an option to play Necramech still. Arguably the event forces you to play it, but you can get the rewards without Necramechs as well after the event, I am quite sure.

Am 6.9.2020 um 10:38 schrieb Chewarette:

I have no idea, as it's the dumbest grind DE has ever implemented, and as long as they don't reduce it by a good 95%, the number of players even experiencing this new island will be low af (not enough to justify the time DE has spent developing it).

I mean, there are 20 billion different parts, all requiring 25 billion different materials, all this ... for what exactly ? No idea, Deimos is an Infested world, the weakest and the least interesting of the factions.

On my side I will just wait for DE to put the whole Necramech failure in the market for a few :platinum:  so that we can use it and have fun for 5 minutes then dump it in the same trash bin as the Operator forever

Necramech will probably be mandatory for another "boss" that will be another "oh hey Hold X to do something extra kewwwwlllll, we don't care about your weapons/mods, just watch our AWESOME cinematic", looting a lame Warframe that we'll buy for plat to bypass the 1% drop rate. Warframe's history is doomed to repeat forever

Care to elaborate why the grind for a Necramech is dumb?

I'm not touching the Necramech until I see that it's a well-received success. Thankfully I'm only ~350 hours into the game and have a ton of content in the meantime.

I'm starting to feel a bit burned by the "Gameplay Debt" that DE creates with every seed of a new gameplay system. Operators are still "okay", but not as fun as the base game because they still aren't fully integrated into a whole, complete gameplay loop. I actually have the most fun flying my Archwing around in landscapes using my Warframe weapons, and never using the Archwing powers. I have yet to touch Railjack though, so I assume things are much better with Archwings now. So it's great that DE isn't abandoning these things! I just think they move forward into new territory so fast and come back to make the last gimmick not be a gimmick anymore so slowly. I'm also not planning to touch K-Drives or Moas. Not sure about kitguns yet. I don't mind grinding but it needs to lead to something worthwhile.

I only have 16 frames, so I have PLENTY of awesome grinding to go before I even want to think about the Deimos landscape. Kind of sucks to ignore the current Operation but it's just not worth it to me yet to do all the prep work. Even Nightwaves are kind of nice because they don't require me to do any prep and they mostly allow me to play with the most fun parts of the game while doing them. (If only there were a way to toggle them on and off...)

Edit: Wow, I just noticed there are 2 threads with this exact same title on the front page, lol.

to look cool..... that's it (personally corn robot still doesn't)

Seriously i was so pissed the event was to be necramech exclusive, that i spend a good few hours working out how to do it in operator, and now my operator outclasses both my necramechs. Credit where its due, they're fun, but in my experience, far from effective if my OPERATOR can outclass them.

On 2020-08-31 at 11:19 AM, White_Matter said:

Legit question.

After crafting mine yesterday, I took it for a spin and I saw no point of using it, other than using it to do something different for the sake of doing something different.

It is fun to use against weaker infested due to it's gunning and movement mechanics, but it is also Inferior to every other vehicle in terms of mobility, so you can't use it to traverse the open world. You have to resummon it once you get from point A to point B. But then it has a cooldown timer on the summon. It is not a very practical application when you realize you have to leave it behind all the time.

Even if we assume DE smoothes out all the jitters(Xp loss) I don't see this more practical than say a Kdrive unless  you are into mini games. 

Which makes me think that DE has probably a bossfight/mission type planned ahead to mandate it's use.  What is your take on that ? 

1.  Operation Orphix Venom confirmed #2.  You cannot use Warframes.

2.  It is the first time they have fully recycled “warframe” content which generates revenue.  They use the same mods with the Prefix “Necramech”.    The Operation gives you generic mechs to technically avoid the “necessary to play” pitfall but they won’t touch the power of a built Necramech with a few Forma.

It is the “warframe” version of recycling open worlds...for the first time.  We’ll see how it impacts the Brand.

To sweeten the pot, DE equipped Necramechs with weapons that do insane damage when forma’d and gave Necramechs an extra line of Mod slots for both additional power and grind/revenue potential (9 Forma to max out Voidrig, and that doesn’t even include his 4 or Mausolon).

1 hour ago, Joezone619 said:

to look cool..... that's it (personally corn robot still doesn't)

Seriously i was so pissed the event was to be necramech exclusive, that i spend a good few hours working out how to do it in operator, and now my operator outclasses both my necramechs. Credit where its due, they're fun, but in my experience, far from effective if my OPERATOR can outclass them.

if you operator outclasses your mechs

its becouse you built your mechs like hot trash.

it is that simple, they EASELY keep up with warframes when properly built and you actually learn how to play them.

10 hours ago, MontyCulligan said:

I have PLENTY of awesome grinding to go before I even want to think about the Deimos landscape. Kind of sucks to ignore the current Operation but it's just not worth it to me yet to do all the prep work.

FYI, you can borrow a mech thats laying on the ground in the mission. You dont need to own a mech.  

On 2020-10-22 at 8:36 PM, vanaukas said:

I think is the gear we need for operator only missions. It's funny how the operator and the necramech are literally 2 sides of the same coin, one fragile and "weak" but with superior mobility and infinite energy, the other sturdy and powerful but with a rough movement system and finite energy wich needs to be refilled constantly. They both offer the same resistances to eximus and nullfier stuff. I find that honestly quite interesting considering the duviri trailer and HoD quest.

i think thats by design. It just helps break up gameplay a bit. You have fragile operator, agile Warframe and Hulking mech. 

I didnt like the idea of mechs at first, but have enjoyed them during this operation. Looking forward to seeing more,.

2 hours ago, Cybercobra2 said:

if you operator outclasses your mechs

its becouse you built your mechs like hot trash.

it is that simple, they EASELY keep up with warframes when properly built and you actually learn how to play them.

i disagree, almost all my warframes can outclass them easily.

The point of these is... they are fun to use ?

No, really. It's a bit different to what we are used to, and they actually have a very decent array of abilities and weaponry. They are seriously tanky as long as you have energy and deal a very good amount of damage.

Also, the Mausolon is freaking awesome, grinding the mech just for the Mausolon is worth it IMO. I even use it with frames that can replenish archguns ammo like Protea and Lavos due to how freaking fun this gun is. It even comes with a Gravimag directly installed so you don't even have to farm Fortuna for it.

Keeping *relative* cost equal:

Operator: Fragile, but agile. Insignificant damage.

Necramechs: Excessive Damage with decent hulk. They are the cheapest source of extreme power.

Warframes: A balance of the two.

Archwings: Space Warframe.

Railjack: An even tankier and stronger space warframe that has difficulty in maneuvering around tight spaces.

If it fits, there is a use of it. If there is not, then there will be.

Yes, there is one Nekros among us.

3 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Keeping *relative* cost equal:

Operator: Fragile, but agile. Insignificant damage.

Necramechs: Excessive Damage with decent hulk. They are the cheapest source of extreme power.

Warframes: A balance of the two.

Archwings: Space Warframe.

Railjack: An even tankier and stronger space warframe that has difficulty in maneuvering around tight spaces.

If it fits, there is a use of it. If there is not, then there will be.

Yes, there is one Nekros among us.

I'd certainly agree with something like this on paper, although currently I don't believe this is where we actually are.

Operator: Fragile (more or less) and insignificant power, but also rather strict in their mobility. They have fewer options for precise control, and their agility is more or less soley just being fast as the crow flies. Necramechs actually have more movement options than they do due to the hover and dash jump, so even though they're technically slower, I'd honestly class them as more agile than Operators at the moment.

Necramechs: in a good place in their own right. Good output, decently hulky. They offer a nice alternative when you're bringing a squishier frame. However, their good placement is moot due to points A and C.

Warframes: Jacks of no trades, for they're a master of all. Once a wide number Warframes have been decently well built there's really no meaningful drawbacks or limiters in their design. Energy is barely a restriction thanks to Zenurik, energy pads, and energise (and rage, for some frames) and several abilities aren't really tuned to this level of spammability. Invisibility where you can freely attack is way stronger than people give it credit for, since it makes basically any encounter into a one-sided curb stomp - so long as there's not another target nearby to provoke enemies to deal damage, there's basically nothing they can do. And Loki can maintain this state for 5-10 minutes off of one energy bar. Octavia gets that alongside multiple other buffs in the same power. And it costs even less energy than Loki's invisibility due to her passive!

In so many words, the point of the Necramech is obscured because Warframes can already do everything they can. Just like how new frames that don't have some major gimmick kind of just come and go without much fanfare, or how new content often fails to leave an impact. If you can do everything without resistance, where's the fun in doing it?

12 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I'd certainly agree with something like this on paper, although currently I don't believe this is where we actually are.

Operator: Fragile (more or less) and insignificant power, but also rather strict in their mobility. They have fewer options for precise control, and their agility is more or less soley just being fast as the crow flies. Necramechs actually have more movement options than they do due to the hover and dash jump, so even though they're technically slower, I'd honestly class them as more agile than Operators at the moment.

Necramechs: in a good place in their own right. Good output, decently hulky. They offer a nice alternative when you're bringing a squishier frame. However, their good placement is moot due to points A and C.

Warframes: Jacks of no trades, for they're a master of all. Once a wide number Warframes have been decently well built there's really no meaningful drawbacks or limiters in their design. Energy is barely a restriction thanks to Zenurik, energy pads, and energise (and rage, for some frames) and several abilities aren't really tuned to this level of spammability. Invisibility where you can freely attack is way stronger than people give it credit for, since it makes basically any encounter into a one-sided curb stomp - so long as there's not another target nearby to provoke enemies to deal damage, there's basically nothing they can do. And Loki can maintain this state for 5-10 minutes off of one energy bar. Octavia gets that alongside multiple other buffs in the same power. And it costs even less energy than Loki's invisibility due to her passive!

In so many words, the point of the Necramech is obscured because Warframes can already do everything they can. Just like how new frames that don't have some major gimmick kind of just come and go without much fanfare, or how new content often fails to leave an impact. If you can do everything without resistance, where's the fun in doing it?

Well, its why I said keeping *relative* cost equal. If that was poor wording on my part, then lemme elaborate on that.

Think about it, but not from an experienced player's perspective, but from a new player who is just starting the game:

A warframe is a master of all if and only if they are fully fledged (Has primed weapons, Has rivens on said weapons, has completed all of the quests, fully modded), and all that just to be able to what is perhaps the closest thing warframe has to "endgame" (lol) and probably will ever be: World Bosses such as Eidolons or Profit Taker. (Why these? Because they often require to use almost everything you have on your arsenel: Operators>Warframe>Primary to Tertiary weapons>All status effects etc)

A necramech does not need that much investment at all. As I've said: "cheapest source of extreme power". Mouselon is given for free, Arqubex is given for free. Loid as Mods for the necramech available on his store. Arqubex being the reason here. Its perhaps the only feature of it that keeps up with a warframe with its immense damage output, and can easily enough keep up in eidolon fights to high setup boosted weapons.

However, one problem I see with this is with the mods of the Arqubex itself. The minimum mods you'd need is from archwings missions which is being retconned. Until then, I don't have anything to say regarding that.

But one thing remains true:

"If it fits, there is a use of it. If there is not, then there will be."

Necramechs, ironically, do fulfil a purpose as of now, and that is to give a purpose to OTHER items in the game purely by existing

I can take whatever the hell I like in terms of warframe, weapons and operator amp, and not upset my teammates. I can take a Nyx, Kuva Karak, Twin Grakata to a level 100+ survival mission and still constribute to damage because I have a mech to fall back to, if I need to. Mechs are also a source of infinite archgun ammo. Moreover, I can take TWO archguns to a mission!

And as the game progresses, I presume there will be more uses. I can certainly think of it being used against Infested better than warframes because Necramechs are knockdown immune. No Ancient Harpoons thank you very much.

Of course, the only way to find out whether an Octavia will actually outpace a Necramech, is by actually getting to use them in normal missions, and finally compare. Until then though, these are all speculation.

honestly, i just hope it opens DE to make more quest and content with sentients when you have mechs that work where warframe can't, but operator just die when being sneezed at.

i want more content as opposed to "hey look guys, here is a new frame to play exactly what you played for the last 8 years" yes, i know warframe now is diffrent, but the majority of the content lately is A, skins, B, weapons, C, enemies that work within exsisting content, D, grind island.

36 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Well, its why I said keeping *relative* cost equal. If that was poor wording on my part, then lemme elaborate on that.

Think about it, but not from an experienced player's perspective, but from a new player who is just starting the game:

A warframe is a master of all if and only if they are fully fledged (Has primed weapons, Has rivens on said weapons, has completed all of the quests, fully modded), and all that just to be able to what is perhaps the closest thing warframe has to "endgame" (lol) and probably will ever be: World Bosses such as Eidolons or Profit Taker. (Why these? Because they often require to use almost everything you have on your arsenel: Operators>Warframe>Primary to Tertiary weapons>All status effects etc)

A necramech does not need that much investment at all. As I've said: "cheapest source of extreme power". Mouselon is given for free, Arqubex is given for free. Loid as Mods for the necramech available on his store. Arqubex being the reason here. Its perhaps the only feature of it that keeps up with a warframe with its immense damage output, and can easily enough keep up in eidolon fights to high setup boosted weapons.

However, one problem I see with this is with the mods of the Arqubex itself. The minimum mods you'd need is from archwings missions which is being retconned. Until then, I don't have anything to say regarding that.

But one thing remains true:

"If it fits, there is a use of it. If there is not, then there will be."

Necramechs, ironically, do fulfil a purpose as of now, and that is to give a purpose to OTHER items in the game purely by existing

I can take whatever the hell I like in terms of warframe, weapons and operator amp, and not upset my teammates. I can take a Nyx, Kuva Karak, Twin Grakata to a level 100+ survival mission and still constribute to damage because I have a mech to fall back to, if I need to. Mechs are also a source of infinite archgun ammo. Moreover, I can take TWO archguns to a mission!

And as the game progresses, I presume there will be more uses. I can certainly think of it being used against Infested better than warframes because Necramechs are knockdown immune. No Ancient Harpoons thank you very much.

Of course, the only way to find out whether an Octavia will actually outpace a Necramech, is by actually getting to use them in normal missions, and finally compare. Until then though, these are all speculation.

Necramechs need a ton of time/content investment.  

You are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole to fit your argument.

It’s Warframes 2.0 redone with a shiny coat of skull-paint and a bigger engine (3 rows of mods requiring 9 Forma to max) and in Voidrig’s case an Arqubex “4” that deals MASSIVE damage over a wide AoE. (Cue “Bonewidow needs a buff” critics).

There aren’t Augments or the level of Mod variety YET because the content rehash is in it’s infancy.

The aesthetic design, lore AND gameplay argument that they are old, inferior and slow tech fails to hold water, especially when they are immune to Orphix Warframe Nullifiers for an Operation designed to push the content rehash and Revenue (smart $) even if it is the only way to get the critically acclaimed LAVOS Warframe through gameplay.

It’s why I’m pushing for DE to now turn dropships into Gunships for a faster, streamlined Railjack experience with firepower. 3 rows of    Mods with new weapons and the prefix “Gunship” on all mods.

It’s why I’m also expecting DE to stack even more power onto Warframes with some sort of new add-on system so they can reclaim their rightful place and restore some integrity to the “Warframe” Brand.

Because for many, Necramechs are the bigger, preferred hammer now...and the ONLY hammer in Operation Orphix Venom.

On 2020-08-31 at 10:19 AM, White_Matter said:

Legit question.

The short answer is "something different to do after 8 years of a lot of the same thing". Plus it's a story progression. Open world Grineer, Open world Corpus and now open world infested. And if you havent leveled your mech, then you havent seen the power of it. There is only one other thing(the paracesis) that levels to 40 and that progression is level to 30, forma, level to 32, forma, etc to lv 40. And once you have them at 40, they are extremely OP. And if you dont like the mech, look at it as another MR fodder. I didnt like it at first. I would operator+Amp the flames and then get in the mech to hit the orphix. But get it while you have the secondary way to level your mech. Orphix venom is an event and is going away soon. That's the other part... this is an event. Temporary. Same as Plague Star, Fomorian and the rest. So get it while it's hot.

On 2020-09-06 at 3:38 AM, White_Matter said:

While on paper that is true, there are some infested that can dish out range aoe attacks that pretty much destroy a Mech near instantly(especially in the last vault or SP bounty) unless you move out of it's way.  

I've yet to try and use Mechs on High end Fortuna and POE to make a fair comparison. But given their squishy nature, I'd expect Corpus and Grineer to annihilate it fairly easily as well.  

PS : My Necromech isn't fully modded, I still lack streamline and flow so energy is a massive problem for me.

Ours are fully Modded up and we are tearing it up on Venus   With the flying mod on I can fly mine from the fire pit all the way to extraction gate on earth. They do a lot of damage with the mauslom 

8 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

The short answer is "something different to do after 8 years of a lot of the same thing". Plus it's a story progression. Open world Grineer, Open world Corpus and now open world infested. And if you havent leveled your mech, then you havent seen the power of it. There is only one other thing(the paracesis) that levels to 40 and that progression is level to 30, forma, level to 32, forma, etc to lv 40. And once you have them at 40, they are extremely OP. And if you dont like the mech, look at it as another MR fodder. I didnt like it at first. I would operator+Amp the flames and then get in the mech to hit the orphix. But get it while you have the secondary way to level your mech. Orphix venom is an event and is going away soon. That's the other part... this is an event. Temporary. Same as Plague Star, Fomorian and the rest. So get it while it's hot.

7 hours ago, (PSN)chubbslawson said:

Ours are fully Modded up and we are tearing it up on Venus   With the flying mod on I can fly mine from the fire pit all the way to extraction gate on earth. They do a lot of damage with the mauslom 

Guys be mindful that this thread was made around the time when the first mech just came out. Some of the mods weren't on the loot table(or didn't even exist) and the mod capacity on Voidrig was 30.

Now that I got all the mods and got both my necramechs to lvl 40, it is a different story. I know that they can become really powerful.

But even then(mandated event aside), I still don't see the point of them, other than using them just for a change or fun.

17 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

honestly, i just hope it opens DE to make more quest and content with sentients when you have mechs that work where warframe can't, but operator just die when being sneezed at.

i want more content as opposed to "hey look guys, here is a new frame to play exactly what you played for the last 8 years" yes, i know warframe now is diffrent, but the majority of the content lately is A, skins, B, weapons, C, enemies that work within exsisting content, D, grind island.

Well, considering the progression of things, it seems to be going like this;

Warframes are our general-use characters, excelling in certain categories based on their class (tank, healer, damage, CC, etc). Ironically most of them have a hard time dealing with Sentients despite supposedly being the turning point in the Old War.

Necramechs are our ground-based vehicles, similar to Archwings in a way. They're an extension of our Warframe's capabilities, another tool to use where appropriate, which in this case appears to be places Warframes cannot go.

Operators are our niche-use supporters that will probably be buffed in the future to be more prevalent in base gameplay, instead of being sidelined outside of Sentient boss battles. Pretty sure the next open-world is going to involve something akin to an evolution, but we'll have to wait and see.

Also, for your other question, DE has added quite a lot of new locations, enemy types, skins, weapons and characters. Should we just ignore the Gas Tileset rework, the Corpus Ship rework, the Granum Void, Deimos, etc? They add new things quite regularly.

8 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Guys be mindful that this thread was made around the time when the first mech just came out. Some of the mods weren't on the loot table(or didn't even exist) and the mod capacity on Voidrig was 30.

Now that I got all the mods and got both my necramechs to lvl 40, it is a different story. I know that they can become really powerful.

But even then(mandated event aside), I still don't see the point of them, other than using them just for a change or fun.

At the moment, it looks like they're just another tool for us to use where appropriate, and it looks like DE is going to make them the Warframe-alternative in areas that won't allow us to access our Warframe. Which makes sense, as unless Operators somehow start murdering whole groups like Warframes we really don't have an alternative.

Archived