Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two minor (and a major) gripes with the helminth economy

-CM-Darkvamper

Okay, these observations are slightly premature, since I've only had 3 days with the system, but I want the discussion to be started nonetheless.
Firstly, I want to point out that, for the most part, the amount of resources isn't requesting too much.in my opinion. Some resources I have stashes upon stashes off, some others I barely have at all, because I dislike the content (looking at you cryotic, thanks to non-scaling excavators).

Nonetheless, I've made the following observations:

- I've subsumed 3 frames (wisp and nidus done, khora in progress), two of which required 80% bile, as well as all infested abilities requiring bile (unlocked rank 5 so far, up to energized munitions)
 This despite the fact that bile is by far the hardest to acquire resource-wise. (i.e. it's the only resource that doesn't have a common resource that drops from a planet, with the exception of biotics, which has plenty of plants, which are now easy to farm (Oxylus) and don't require big amounts). There's also a big disparity here between how fast certain resources can be farmed here. I can get 3 argon in 10 minutes usually, but 3000 cryotic takes quite a bit longer, around 25-30 minutes. (assuming no booster, with smeeta kavat not affecting argon drops, but some of the cryotic).
Admittedly, this might be just a coincidence, that the frames I've chosen require this much bile. But nonetheless, it sticks out.

- The second minor gripe is that, if you don't have a single copy of a resource, it doesn't show up in the helminth system. Which is very restrictive imo. I was lucky to have some argon crystals on hand from the vaults, because otherwise, I'd have never known it could be turned into bile. This really should be a default feature, taht unowned resources show up with the danger triangle and a count of 0, so you know you could use them, should you choose to farm it.

- Then my major gripe: Arrows don't seem to evolve consistently within one category. This became clear when I wanted to put Larva on a number of frames (Ember, Excal, Mag, Limbo, etc..). Larva requires 80% (!) (Excuse me, but wtf?) oxide per infusion. Now, oxide is probably the easiest to fill, so I'm not yet going to complain about the percentage. However, I've thrown a lot of resources in, and right now, every single resource arrow is red for oxides. Which means I can't bring them up again beyond half-negative or so, and only by wasting more oxides. We need a very clear explanations on how these arrows interact exactly, somewhere, because I haven't found it, scouring both the wiki and these fora (the actual multiple for forum, rather than forums, yes I'm a $&*^ who studied Latin, let me be ^^ ), and it makes a huge difference in the amount of resources you consume to get enough resources. At 3% per resource type, that's just equivalent to throwing it in the trash can.

So at the very least, could we please, please, please, get a comprehensive explanation on the numbers behind the helminth food preference system?
I love the system, but even at 1700 in game hours, I don't have endless resources to throw in the system, and it's not clear how to keep it up.

PS: Unimportant, but some form of helminth support on the mobile app would be nice as well. I won't have access to a pc for two weeks starting this weekend, and it would be nice if I could keep subsuming the warframes queued up in my foundry for when I get back.
PPS: In honour of his hunger, I've called mine Charybdis. Because, oh boy, is he a bottomless pit.

Archived