Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Bosses Should Probably Scale With Level

Meatuchu

I realize that jackal is a low level boss and all, but I decided to run him last night remembering how cool he was the first time me and my friends fought him. I came and discovered I could do this xD

Link for those of you who can't see the video:

Kinda puts my initial struggle with him to shame, to be honest. I found that It's harder to kill him when other people shoot out the legs if I don't have enough energy for BA, makes hitting him impossible.

But somehow, I feel like that shouldn't be possible.

Edited by Meatuchu

But somehow, I feel like that shouldn't be possible.

what shouldnt?

that you are able to take high level gear and kill low level mobs with it?

that you can use a power in combination with said high level weps to make killing said mob even easier?

why should he scale?

so that all it will take is one afk player that just so happens to have been around for some time to completely ruin the mission for bambi players on their first run?

he is a low level boss.

your using over leveld gear.

you didnt 1 shot him (have seen plenty of people do it).

whats the problem?

What is level? What is skill? What is power? There is no set standard in Warframe for those. How would you scale with 4 different players each with their own gear? 

Captain Vor does it, and it works for him. I don't have the scaling algorithm in front of me.

Does he still do the instant kill thing? cuz that was the reason why I hated farming for Rhino before.

Yeah, he does. That's for another thread though.

-snip-

I am just of the opinion that there should be an amount of difficulty to something "Unlike anything I've faced yet". It's silly that he's so hyped up for killing tenno when he's just dust in the wind. 

I am just of the opinion that there should be an amount of difficulty to something "Unlike anything I've faced yet". It's silly that he's so hyped up for killing tenno when he's just dust in the wind. 

well, given the fact that he is in a bambi zone... he is fine.

if you want to fight him and have a bit more trouble in doing so, wait till he goes into nightmare mode (they didnt remove NM from there did they?).