Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Helminth ability should I add to Nekros

(PSN)Exia0321

5 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Atlas ability + augment for even more loot. Not sure how it stacks with nekros but might be good.

That what i was tinking but i was unsure if that combo worked as i know they did changes to loot abilities awile back that some don't stack. Tried to google it but didn't find anything yet. But it would be a nice combo for a loot frame 😃

*EDIT* atm I use petrify on wisp as Im not a necro fan but my friend plan to do it.

3 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Atlas ability + augment for even more loot. Not sure how it stacks with nekros but might be good.

It works like this,

Enemy can be looted 3 times: Alive, on death, after death.

Alive: currently only Ivara can do this

On Death: Khorra/Hydroid/Atlas Augments

After Death: Nekros Desecrate and Chesa Kubrow

So, yes: Nekros can use Ore Gaze without issues... aside from energy ones.

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

It works like this,

Thx just what i needed to know 😃

Just now, Kaotyke said:

It works like this,

Actually

1- Loot while alive: Ivara

2- Loot petrified: Atlas 

3- Loot on death: Khora, Hydroid

4- Loot corpse: Nekros, Chesa

3 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Actually

1- Loot while alive: Ivara

2- Loot petrified: Atlas 

3- Loot on death: Khora, Hydroid

4- Loot corpse: Nekros, Chesa

They dont drop loot the moment you petrify them. They drop when you kill them, so its loot on death.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

They dont drop loot the moment you petrify them. They drop when you kill them, so its loot on death.

While you have to kill them while petrified it's not the same category as hydroid and Khora. You can have Khora/Hydroid and Atlas on the same team and they would work. If Atlas was the same group as Khora/Hydroid they wouldn't work together

1 minute ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

While you have to kill them while petrified it's not the same category as hydroid and Khora. You can have Khora/Hydroid and Atlas on the same team and they would work. If Atlas was the same group as Khora/Hydroid they wouldn't work together

Actually, they would if both loot powers stack. Which seems to be what happens here.

How odd, I though they made it unable to be done long ago.

I would suggest Petrify/Ore Gaze as something novel but if you're using Overextended you sadly cut deep into its already middling effectiveness, without room to patch it up. Maybe on a designated solo build where you only have to worry about looting your own kills in range.

Larva to bunch up foes quickly and Dessicate (can be spammed like Inaros) are both still useful at max range, Dessicate chosen over other blinds because of the minor HP return. 

Wow so many people are interested in adding looting to the king of Loot farming.

Umm thats not shocking. 

Anything else interesting for Nekros.

For some reason I like Ensnare (Khora) more than Larva as my CC group-em kill ability. 

Would Pull be good for Nek?

I am trying to see has anyone tried or thought of how somethign like 

Null star or Quiver would work with Nekros. 

I am thinking Quiver because one way Nek has always worked for me is I stand in the corner try not to get shot while I let descrete do its thing. 

So Quiver would make lazy farming easier???

Or should I go armor stripping of Smite and add that instead of Soul Punch?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

Wow so many people are interested in adding looting to the king of Loot farming.

Umm thats not shocking. 

Anything else interesting for Nekros.

For some reason I like Ensnare (Khora) more than Larva as my CC group-em kill ability. 

Would Pull be good for Nek?

I am trying to see has anyone tried or thought of how somethign like 

Null star or Quiver would work with Nekros. 

I am thinking Quiver because one way Nek has always worked for me is I stand in the corner try not to get shot while I let descrete do its thing. 

So Quiver would make lazy farming easier???

Or should I go armor stripping of Smite and add that instead of Soul Punch?

Mark For Death from the Helminth ability list.

Now nekros is dps frame. though, mark for death would do that for any warframe.

I'm probably going to change up my build and add Eclipse for the extra tanking and occasional damage buff. If that doesn't work out, I'll go for heat Elemental Ward or maaaybe Shooting Gallery.

Because I don't need damage or utility, I just need him to not die because I don't like Shield of Shadows.

If I don't change my build Condemn is probably the best.

i made this build for him, shield of shadows blood altar.
its almost insane how well they synergise.
the major problem with the shadows is having to recast them, which you wont need if you use blood altar instead. both are based on health, BA works on missing health%, while the shadows lose a % of health, both each second, so if you cast blood altar, you will keep them almost full all the time...

then comes shield of shadows, casting shadows makes you vunerable, as you lose those 3 seconds cast... blood altar on the other hand makes you invunerable during the whole process. both require range and str to work better, and the best part is, you dont need to use an aug to make use of BA. best of all, you can keep 3 altars at the same time, making the party heal an absurdly high amount of health every second.

you could also use well of life, but for the shadows, BA is the better choice, since its % of health based, isntead of fixed. meaning, it will work the same way no matter the level of the shadow... and you can only keep 1.

15 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Because I don't need damage or utility, I just need him to not die because I don't like Shield of Shadows.

Thank you that is me 1000%

I am trying to see if there is a way to make Nek more tanky that does not relay on SoS (which I am not a fan of). 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

I am trying to see if there is a way to make Nek more tanky that does not relay on SoS (which I am not a fan of). 

This is again evidence that a rework needs to happen. They need to buff his Shadows and either buff or replace soul punch and Terify. 

Dont touch desecrate. But his kit shows that it's just out of date with the current state of the game.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

Blood Altar gives 10-25% of your health back per second at 40 or 100% power strength respectively. With Equilibrium it's trivial to maintain and your Desecrate range mods will give you a fairly generous area to play with. It also ensures you never run out of Despoil health.

Heat and Ice Ward would do better with more strength. Eclipse is more reliable in dark maps but still out of your control somewhat. Quiver lets you stand in a bubble of invisibility and offers status immunity/cleanse with its augment if you don't like Shield of Shadows. Firewalker likewise affects status. The various crowd control options are also worth considering to avoid being shot in the first place.

1 hour ago, NenihS said:

Blood Altar gives 10-25% of your health back per second at 40 or 100% power strength respectively. With Equilibrium it's trivial to maintain and your Desecrate range mods will give you a fairly generous area to play with. It also ensures you never run out of Despoil health.

Wow I am seeing Blood Altar a lot. I admit I NEVER use Garuada (obtained leveled formed 2x and shelved--my standard treatment to 80% of frames). 

So I will start looking into this ability. 

My Nekros was already very survivable and the equilibrium engine hums along nicely, so since I am utterly basic, I just slotted Roar in place of Soul Punch - 47% damage for 44 seconds on my Nek, easily maintainable.

If I were not using Shield of Shadows (and I totally understand why some don't use it), I'd have chosen a defensive instead.

Larva does sound like fun, though, probably satisfying having all the enemies in a ball and generating a lootsplosion from slicing them up all at once, and since Nekros needs solid range in the first place, Larva is probably pretty effective.

Archived