Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Helminth ability should I add to Nekros

(PSN)Exia0321

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

Wow I am seeing Blood Altar a lot.

Blood Altar would also be a good fit thematically IMO: he is the Death-themed/Reaper frame, and the altar itself looks like it should have been one of his powers in the first place IMO. probably gonna do this myself, though it means a trip to Simaris and farming Orb Vallis Bounties again...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Blood Altar would also be a good fit thematically IMO: he is the Death-themed/Reaper frame, and the altar itself looks like it should have been one of his powers in the first place IMO. probably gonna do this myself, though it means a trip to Simaris and farming Orb Vallis Bounties again...

Hey sooooo...if I replace soul punch for blood alter...this will also heal my shadows?

On 2020-08-31 at 2:26 PM, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

I am not a Nekros main.

However, I am always recognized that he is still hands down the best for framing (2nd is Khora). 

I want to know from any more experienced Nekros mains what ability would be good to add. 

I plan on droping Soul punch

Depends on what you want.

For a Vodyanoi (or other farming) build, add larva in place of either of the first two abilities to make it so that you don't need nidus to come with you and you can still farm efficiently. (The reason that you don't use Ensnare on the farming build is because it requires a target and larva does not. In Vodyanoi you want to pull enemies into Khora's strangledome, and larva does that.)

For survivability, a CC ability like silence, shooting gallery, or ensnare is nice.

Or you could add roar cause why not lol

Personally, I am putting shooting gallery on one, and larva on another, and I'm going to experiment with the third.

Edit: After play testing with shooting gallery at Mot, its really nice. Gives me a chance to recast my shadows without dying and makes killing things way easier.

On 2020-09-01 at 3:04 AM, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

Would Pull be good for Nek?

I tried, it doesn't perform well. The pull itself cannot pull loots that are behind hard objects ( part of the terrain, decorative crates, walls, pillars, etc ). By the time you could see the loots, your pet might have already picked up the loots for you.

The ability itself is not even worth subsumed

1 hour ago, _Tormex_ said:

Edit: After play testing with shooting gallery at Mot, its really nice. Gives me a chance to recast my shadows without dying and makes killing things way easier.

Ohh I never thought of Shooting gallery.

I prefer Ensnare over larva---thats what I went with on my A config. 

I am trying to get Guarda to scarifice 

Next I will throw in Mesa. 

Ohh thanks for all the great ideas. 

I added FireWalker, Roar and Larva.

Roar is kind of ok, didnt really need it for most content unless I want to do steelpath a bit faster. Good if you want to do the steel path bounty for max mother tokens.

Larva for a max range build. Seems OK as well. However range is still a bit short at 280%. Entangle may be better. Have to test that one later.

Fire Walker for cast and forget CC. I use the 30m pull arcane (forgot name) to group enemies and pull them into reaper prime. The fire helps make sure they are cc. This works for certain missons. 25% faster run is nice as well.

Replacing Soul Punch I use Mind control or Desiccation, more minions baby!

Petrify is a complete no brainer, who doesn't want more loot?

Roar, yes, it buffs his shadows. "But you can't have the game play itself!" Ever seen shadows do 10 times the damage? The paint dries faster!

Larva, Ensnare, Dispensary, Blood Altar, is nice to have... I guess.

Well of life... Cause irony or oxymoronic? Maybe it'll heal shadows?

From Helminth's abilities...

Empower, I have a max power strength build and I can reach 514% power strength, its kinda cute.

Marked for Death, probably the only active ability that'll make Nekros sorta a DPS (Breach Surge might work, but I don't play Wisp enough to know what it do.)

I will be testing Molt next.

It seems decent on paper.

You can use it as a speed buff when running from point to point.

Or you can stay around it to have it to draw some aggro while you are resummoning your shadows.

• Saryn sheds her skin, removing all existing status effects and increasing her movement speed by 1.3 / 1.35 / 1.4 / 1.5 times for 3.5 / 4 / 4.5 / 5 seconds, while leaving behind a decoy with 400 shields and 150 / 300 / 400 / 500 health that draws enemy fire for 14 / 24 / 32 / 40 seconds. When deployed, the decoy is invulnerable for a period of 1.5 / 2 / 3 / 3 seconds, during which all incoming damage absorbed by it is converted and added to its health. The decoy will explode if it loses all of its hitpoints, if its duration expires or if the ability is cast again, inflicting 240 / 300 / 350 / 400 Toxin b Toxin damage with 100% Toxin b Toxin status chance to all enemies within 5 / 6 / 7 / 10 meters from it.
    • Decoy's health, explosion damage, and speed multiplier are affected by Ability Strength.
      • Explosion damage does not bypass obstacles in the environment and diminishes with distance.
    • Decoy and speed buff duration are affected by Ability Duration.
    • Explosion radius is affected by Ability Range.
    • Status cleanse on cast, invulnerability time, decoy shields and status chance are not affected by mods.
    • Does not have a cast time or animation.
  • Molt's decoy is placed at Saryn's current position, mirroring her pose and elevation.
    • Molt's shields regenerate over time and can be buffed with the use of allied Shield Ospreys, whether in Specter or MindControl130xDark Mind Controlled forms.
    • Elemental augment mods, such as EmberIcon272 Ember's Mod TT 20pxFireball Frenzy, can be applied to Molt. The damage augment will not affect the explosion damage or damage type upon Molt's expiration.
    • Molt cannot be knocked down or moved, and acts as a physical object, unlike LokiIcon272 Loki's Decoy130xDark Decoy.
    • Molt will slowly vaporize and dissipate for its duration, eventually exploding once it nearly vanishes.
  • Only 1 Molt may be active at a time. Creating another Molt will detonate the current Molt.
  • Casting Molt can be done while performing any action without interrupting it, including reloading, charging, shooting, maneuvering, and while on a zipline.
    • Can be cast in all states (except while upside down in a flip jump or while dodging) and can be reused instantly.

On 2020-09-04 at 4:08 AM, wtflag said:

I tried.

Does not heal the shadows.

It's strange how inconsistently healing effects are applied to them. Arcane Pulse and Blood Altar could be excessive, sure, but last I checked they still hilariously ruin an Oberon's attempted Renewal.

Something tells me the ore gaze build for nekros might get nerfed, like how when chesa and nekros were stacking and they nerfed that because "the dead can only give so much." Seems like something DE would do as well "Oh no! We cant have players using the system the way we designed it, better get to nerfing. Oh and that one glitch that's been in the game for years that players have reported many times? Yeah a few more years of that wouldn't hurt them."

On 2020-08-31 at 1:26 PM, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

I am not a Nekros main.

However, I am always recognized that he is still hands down the best for framing (2nd is Khora). 

I want to know from any more experienced Nekros mains what ability would be good to add. 

I plan on droping Soul punch

Pull + Greedy Pull.

On 2020-09-02 at 4:28 AM, BahamutKaiser said:

Creeping Terrify works on bosses, it's not bad on Nova, IDK why it would be bad on Nekros.

they did some ninja nerf on it, doesn't work on many bosses anymore. I used to use it on Lephantis for max uptime on mouth shots (and since slowva tends to bug out the heads permanently), he doesn't even notice it now

Archived