Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Helminth ability should I add to Nekros

(PSN)Exia0321

27 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Try resonator? Turn Nekromancer into the Nekrodancer.

In all seriousness resonator will take away all aggro , it is a better survival tool than SOS. use conductor for even better control.

I was thinking of resonator as well - but until they patch it its not worth testing since resonator on any frame but octavia seems to break weapons.

Small PSA, gaze or more likely petrify as a status prevents dismemberment. As such a ore gaze nekros is stuck at one desecrate per enemy.
At a certain power strength ore gaze may get you more loot on average perhaps, but I think not running it should yields more drops on average for now.

It is a pretty nice cc on nekros though, despoil + equilibrium even allows a low efficiency build to spam it quite often. Though that's not really limited to gaze.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

was thinking of resonator as well - but until they patch it its not worth testing since resonator on any frame but octavia seems to break weapons.

Seconded.
Though for some reason it works just fine on my Vauban now, but my banshee & Loki both get that bug every time after using resonator. Perhaps this bug is limited to some frames only?

---

I'm using condemn atm on my looting setup and that's quite nice, easy to spam and adds plenty of overshields. 

On 2020-08-31 at 2:37 PM, Kaotyke said:

It works like this,

Enemy can be looted 3 times: Alive, on death, after death.

Alive: currently only Ivara can do this

On Death: Khorra/Hydroid/Atlas Augments

After Death: Nekros Desecrate and Chesa Kubrow

So, yes: Nekros can use Ore Gaze without issues... aside from energy ones.

This is the build I'm running now. It's helping me with the Bile issues with the Helminth system at present (since Argon is the easiest to feed him when trying to switch abilities around). It seems I get more credits than anything else, but unless there's an underlying mechanic I'm looking over, I do get two 'dice rolls' per enemy when it comes to receiving loot.

so anyone try the nekros blood alter build?

I was getting 3 million healing from Shield of Shadows and Despoil while running a mission on the Steel Path. I haven't unlocked a lot of that game mode as of yet, but the level of synergy Blood Altar has with Nekros's inherent health mechanics are absurd. That's of course assuming you are also using Equilibrium and converting Health Orbs to energy where you can.

On 2020-09-07 at 10:05 AM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

I was thinking of resonator as well - but until they patch it its not worth testing since resonator on any frame but octavia seems to break weapons.

I've found the (band-aid) fix for this - make sure you don't have any toggle abilities active when you use resonator, and if it still takes away your weapons, just recast resonator (occasionally you have to cast other abilities that are active). That has solved the issue for me almost every time.

6 hours ago, (XB1)ryuraze said:

I've found the (band-aid) fix for this - make sure you don't have any toggle abilities active when you use resonator, and if it still takes away your weapons, just recast resonator (occasionally you have to cast other abilities that are active). That has solved the issue for me almost every time.

meh will just not use it until its patched - they addressed it in the pc hotfix already, so we console users should get it in a week to a months from now.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if it's good to put cold Chroma on the Nekros.
I haven't really tested it but from what I see it needs a lot Strength in order to proc cold. I guess team of 3x Power donation + Nekros' Growing power could be nice.
I guess I would have use some Viral + Heat for weapon to make Nekros kill enemy faster.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it’s nice to see others here who care about Nekros; anyway I use Nourish from Grendel that I believe combines nourish strike and Nourish armor together that works alright. The only problem is I haven’t seen that health gain go to the minions. (The health gain on other frames outside of Grendel is based on their strength btw is small but noticeable- but then again my strength was around 150 I think.)

I’m not sure if the toxin from nourish strike is added to the minions or not but it’s definitely decent as the minions do pull a lot of Aggro from Nekros. 

only other thing to note is that Prime flow is an option to Equilibrium especially when in reduced energy zones- because I use Blind rage on my Nekros for max damage if at all possible since my mod slots are limited. 

Nekros main here.

I have pretty much tried every single subsumed ability.

I'm casting my vote for the skill which no one is taking about: Silence.

If your build is 100% range, it is one of the most user friendly and all-round powerful skill to use.

You will understand when you use it.

hace 4 horas, wtflag dijo:

Nekros main here.

I have pretty much tried every single subsumed ability.

I'm casting my vote for the skill which no one is taking about: Silence.

If your build is 100% range, it is one of the most user friendly and all-round powerful skill to use.

You will understand when you use it.

Interesting, I'll definitely try this. I guess the augment doesn't matter, right?

You know I always find conversations about how looting works confusing. I think we need to solve this issue the old fashioned way.

We take 1 person from each belief of how it works, put them in the conclave. The winner is the right one.

Also I use octos ball.

Nobody has any lova for Gara???  

Spectrorage casts a ring of mirrors (based on range).  The ring DISTRACTS enemies and makes them run into the ring to beat on the mirrors which makes them hurt themselves.   So this is kind of like a pull ability.  There like a 5-10m range beyond mirrors where guys seems to be affected and run into the ring,  beyond that and they can sometimes still not be affected and shoot at you normally.

You can augment into Spectrosiphon which makes 50% of the enemies who die inside the ring drop energy orbs.   

Spectro on my max range nekro lasts about 30seconds.  Will keep you pretty safe(while its up lol) and pulls most enemies into melee range.   I changed up my loadout for this set up.  I use more umbra I think and have ditched Health Conversion.  I still use despoil HOWEVER...I pretty much spam Spectro non stop so I am really wanna try ditching despoil and going for spectro augment.  

This has opened up a new playstyle for me with nekro...   I pop a ring, stand  in the center and just blaze away with guns or atmo guns

Spectro even distracts nekromechs, but its kind of bad because it makes them run all over the ring and not stand still to get shot lol. 

Also the thing about spectro's distract ability is that it keeps everyone else from being targets to if they are around you.   Its like a 20-30m pacify zone.

------------

When I play gara I use my spectrosiphon build the most because it lets the rest of my squad go nuts with abilities.  When they nerfed Larva right out of the gate, I immedeately decided on spectro.   

I am trying very hard to knock Nekros off my #1 most used frame.  I had actually did it for a little while!! Got Ember to #1.  Then helminth system came out and Nekros jumped back into the lead and thats just been doing Iso Vaults/deimos stuff...   I refuse to use him to farm and have fun....   he could easily bump back up to like 50% usage lol.   He is 15% Ember 14%.  

----------------------

I dont know banshee very well.   Silence sounds interesting I have to go look at it to refresh my memory...   Besides Nekros entire kit besides desocrate the other thing I hate is how damn slow desocrate actually works.   If you play Nekros super aggressive, constantly moving you can kill stuff and run past them before they ever turn into loot.   

So I have to say my Nekros is most happy when he can just sit on his ass and just have the enemies come to him.  So spectro suits this very very well.   SIlence might make me super aggro and bypass loot, dont know...  

On 2020-08-31 at 11:37 AM, Kaotyke said:

It works like this,

Enemy can be looted 3 times: Alive, on death, after death.

Alive: currently only Ivara can do this

On Death: Khorra/Hydroid/Atlas Augments

After Death: Nekros Desecrate and Chesa Kubrow

So, yes: Nekros can use Ore Gaze without issues... aside from energy ones.

Remember about a year ago, when DE tried to nerf that 'double dipping' and make it so that only one Looting can happen per enemy? -like, if khora loots him, then necros can't afterwards

then the community outcry made them revert it

I wonder if they'll try it again on Necros/Atlas Helminth... after a year maybe players won't remember to put up a fight...

12 hours ago, (NSW)Spektr3 said:

Interesting, I'll definitely try this. I guess the augment doesn't matter, right?

Not needed, Nekros builds usually don't have mod slots for augments outside of  despoil and/or shield of shadows.

That is the primary reason why Eternal War is not a top choice as a Nekros subsume ability.

The purpose of Silence is to make every enemy bow to thee (EDGE) LORD as he comes into view.

The fact it disables many boss abilities is also a pretty important feature.

Spoiler

Nekros is one of the few loot frames that can double-dip on Necramechs and Necramechs won't activate their shields (or Gravemines, or slow grenades) while silenced.

I use different abilities on my different loadouts.  I have an Infested-themed Nekros that I like throwing Larva (Nisus) onto to replace Soul Punch.  A more general abilities, I like Pull or Lull.

There's a lot to be said for Mind Control, but it seems a little redundant with Shadows of the Dead handy.

19 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

I wonder if they'll try it again on Necros/Atlas Helminth... after a year maybe players won't remember to put up a fight...

Is nerf for Nekros/atlas fusion even needed? I've tried infussing Atlas' thing and it needs huge strength and energy is needed (I haven't needed energy for despoil build). And I don't see huge difference. Unless I make something wrong it's too much effort for not too much gain. Maybe whole team with power donation, Equinox ability strength buff etc might help.

32 minutes ago, SpinnningSideKick said:

Would Hall of Mirrors stack with desecrate?

I asked similar question about HoM and Revenant's Reave. One person said that Mirage just shoot guns or attack with melees. So no. Btw. both abilities are not subsumable.

On 2020-09-01 at 10:12 PM, SHArK-FiN said:

The pull itself cannot pull loots that are behind hard objects ( part of the terrain, decorative crates, walls, pillars, etc ).

yes it can, you just need the greedy pull augment, but...if you can fit it on your build...its well worth it.

Archived