Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Helminth ability should I add to Nekros

(PSN)Exia0321

On 2020-10-25 at 3:54 PM, cha0sWyrM said:

yes it can, you just need the greedy pull augment, but...if you can fit it on your build...its well worth it.

I was talking about the greedy pull augment already. What I want to point out is that, even with the augment equipped (which I have on nekro, maintaining 280 range as that's what nekro really need only), the pull cannot pull things that is not in structural Line of Sight. Meaning if the loots are behind main map terrains/buildings, the loots cannot be pulled.

Having tried Petrify with the augment and completely having to jack up my build for it the results were fairly unimpressive. Also, petrified enemies CANNOT be gored so this defeats the main purpose of Nekros (desecrate multiple body parts). Requires an augment, this alone makes it not viable imo. I think we can officially stop offering this as a choice for Nekros. The idea of moar loot seems great, but DE apparently thought of this synergy and thusly it isn't a very good one.

I've also tried pull. Again, unspectacular and requires an augment to be of viable use. Probably great for the lazy Nekros.

At the end of the day I think Defy looks the most useful for general play and synergy. Defy gives more survivability, an oh-shi button, status immunity, a nuke button. Altar, Breach, Well, heck, even pet summon seems situationally useful. There are a lot of other neat options mentioned but require a different build (ore gaze for instance just does not seem worth it). Spectrorage, Ensnare, Silence, etc., all seem viable with some modifications due to not needing augments.

EDIT: I think Smite with augment was also debunked as not being that great, it was originally reported to be spectacular probably due to some bug.

• 1 month later...

i chose mesa "shooting gallery". runs great so far. no matter whether solo SE or arbitration. nekro survives everything. and opponents don't do anything in a 30m radius. heh ...
more armor doesn't help here either. he usually has more than 2k and still would have to help out more often with vaz and heal me. but with disarm it is now like a walk. and I've been playing without a "shield of shadows" for a long time. they are simply not needed.

On 2020-09-07 at 11:07 AM, VanFanel1980mx said:

Pull + Greedy Pull.

i cant believe it took almost to the end of the second page for someone to mention this. greedy pull on nekros is fantastic....in fact, im finding that greedy pull on most frames is pretty useful. i currently have it on nekros, gara, titania, hydroid, and xaku.

On 2020-10-26 at 12:01 PM, SHArK-FiN said:

I was talking about the greedy pull augment already. What I want to point out is that, even with the augment equipped (which I have on nekro, maintaining 280 range as that's what nekro really need only), the pull cannot pull things that is not in structural Line of Sight. Meaning if the loots are behind main map terrains/buildings, the loots cannot be pulled.

yeah...i know it used to work that way...but it doesnt make any sense. why should things be pulled through walls and such? but, you dont need direct line of sight though....you just need to be somewhere where its not blocked off entirely. greedy pull will yoink things out from behind structures and obstacles as long as they arent closed off.

7 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:
On 2020-09-07 at 5:07 PM, VanFanel1980mx said:

i cant believe it took almost to the end of the second page for someone to mention this. greedy pull on nekros is fantastic....in fact, im finding that greedy pull on most frames is pretty useful. i currently have it on nekros, gara, titania, hydroid, and xaku.

Carrier (or other sentinel) + the Vacum? Am I missing something?

On 2020-09-01 at 4:26 AM, (PSN)Exia0321 said:

I am not a Nekros main.

However, I am always recognized that he is still hands down the best for framing (2nd is Khora). 

I want to know from any more experienced Nekros mains what ability would be good to add. 

I plan on droping Soul punch

For team loot builds I go Nidus' Larvae, it helps keep the loot together so I can drop the range a bit and still utilize it. And helps pull enemies closer to khora domes when it's having trouble pulling them over.

Solo builds I'm still not 100% sure on but Garudas ability (can't remember name now) goes well with a mixed build to keep that health flowing with less efficiency. 

Try WarCry!!!   Tank Spec Nek with some Duration.  The WarCry will make all your undead minions pop some wands of PCP angel dust and go to town. You can stand there take no to little damage and just let them kill everything. Replaced #1 soul punch for it. Still like Nek #2 for getting people back up. Cast that to make it safe for your revives.  The problem for me with using Atlas ability is it will take a mod spot as well to use. So would have to give up Vitality or Adaptation to use in that spot. Still fun and you do get more loot however think WarCry is gonna be more fun for Nek Mains. We already get a ton of loot 

On 2020-10-23 at 5:43 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Spectrorage casts a ring of mirrors (based on range).  The ring DISTRACTS enemies and makes them run into the ring to beat on the mirrors which makes them hurt themselves.   So this is kind of like a pull ability.  There like a 5-10m range beyond mirrors where guys seems to be affected and run into the ring,  beyond that and they can sometimes still not be affected and shoot at you normally.

Well after such a great debate I settled with Spectorage on A config.

Spectorage really worked well cause I usually use Nek for somewhat mobile farming and being able to throw up a huge ring fit the playstyle. 

On 2020-12-04 at 3:48 PM, cha0sWyrM said:

Actually, Pull without the Greedy augment is great for Nekros - I use mine primarily in Arbitration farming and have replaced #1 with Pull - run with a Panzer Vulp and do nothing but Pull, Desecrate, use Reaper Prime on everybody except shield drones, which I shoot.

I don't know why someone needs this nonsense like pull ... mele build? But then I would use pillage and probably just play with macro ... and I don't want to camp for an hour in SE either.

resonator - works better for defense than mesas disarm for (is it 3 + 3 mobs?) group targets. The bigger weak point is that there is no sound or whatever and I don't know when the ball has to be cast again. well ... another case for macro and I don't like that at all. 🤮
Silence - ok ... for mech farming etc. only here there is stupid sounds effects and I can't do that to myself in the long run. an option to turn this off would be good.

for all-round I'm more in favor of resonator. here nekros can use 2 damage arcanes and "health conversion" is always full anyway. I haven't used "adaptation" in ages. there are better options if you want to camp.

Archived