Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

warframe's Loot system needs a complete overhaul

MouadSaqui

well I know you guys are not a big fan of criticism, but I genuinely think the loot system and how you get items and weapons needs a complete overhaul, after enduring the insane grind DE decided to put us into with this token system, I found myself with with pretty much everything this update could provide in under a week, which is really a big problem.... DE spend time developing content just to see it being consumed in days is something causing warframe updates to fail miserably... there will always be an outrage about some insane grind, then DE will see this as a call for nerfing the crap out of the content, now take it easy... I'm not here defending the conservation system, I personally think it sucks... just sharing an opinion..

to me DE should change the way how players get loot in the game, In other games I played, the witcher 3 for example, the items you loot can be dismantled, recycled to give you sometimes rare resources you didn't even know you had in your inventory, Now lets project that on warframe.... after grinding too many Isolation vaults, you will find yourself with too many damaged mech parts and you only need each one of them to craft your necramech, what do you do with the rest ? Nothing... Just like the tons of resources you got from previous content that will never have the opportunity to benefit from, bcs DE will always create new useless loot...

Now some of you will probably say, well you can sell the damaged mech parts for plat, for real, whats the point of having plat anyway ? if its not cosmetics you are buying, don't get me wrong I like heart of deimos and as I said in previous posts many times, Aesthetically is this the best update DE ever released in 2 years, the lore is so good the characters are unique, artistically this game is gorgeous, But when it comes to the economy and daily caps, and the way DE tries to slow you down on purpose, seems to me their plans fails with every updates, people get everything from the update in a week, what is the point anyway ? 

We don't need another isolated vault like content unless DE fix the way we loot stuff, bcs now its terrible, maybe it worked in the old days of warframe when every warframe had a stamina bar, today you join a public squad and there is always that player who can't even stop spamming speed abilities.... it got to a point where your warframe smashes its head to a wall just by pressing the forward key, I think as warframe players we should be able to choose wether or not we want to receive speed buffs from other warframes, which is a topic for another time... maybe. 

vor 12 Minuten schrieb (PS4)ErydisTheLucario:

All I can say is that this is why there was a timer or standing cap, so people don't blow through the content...it doesn't seem to have worked here. Also welcome to warframe, the game about grinding for stuff. I dont think its changing anytime soon...or at all.

They should maybe try a weekly cap instead of daily, since those is very easy to do if you know what you do, for new content that is, like most MMO's do really till it is outdated then lift the limits.

But then DE is to stubborn also like with Hema, it would be only logical to make old stuff more easier accesable, older players rush to much and new players can't keep up, mix that with DE making all availabl . almost right from the start and you have the perfect mess, we need simple content tiers.

I mean i just today seen someone asking in the forums to farm Orokin cells in Arbitration. Even new players rush like made with no limits given to them, then need old resources like this becasue they not bothered to long on other stuff.

Just now, Marine027 said:

They shoudl maybe try a weekly cap instead of daily, since those is very easy to do if you know what you do, for new content that is, liek most MMO's do really ti ll iti s outdated then lift the limits, but then DE is to stubborn also like with Hema, it woudl be onyl logical to make odl stuff more easeir acceptable, older palyers rush to much and new players can't keep up. Mix that with DE making all avialbe. almost right from the start and you have the perfect mess, we need simple content tiers.

I mean i just today seen someone asking in the forums to farm Orokin cells in Arbitration. Even new rush like made with no limits given then need old resources like this becasue they not bothered to long on other stuff.

Bro, fix the spelling pls. But I see what you mean.

Make this content staged in a way that it would take hardcore farmers months to gather the reward would not work. As this game is largly casual it would make it take years for regular players to get anywhere. I  don't even have the xaku yet or the mech for the resource hardly ever drop if they reduse that even more i would give up.

3 minutes ago, ElFrog said:

the insane grind for tokens also finished everything in less than a week.. hmm sounds insane

well either its not a insane grind or people need to chill and not rush things.

personally i dident find it to be that big of a grind just did some here and there and bought the cheap easy tokens when they came up and i got all the guns and such so i only need tokens for standing now

Edit: but ofc i do enjoy the hunting, mining and fishing parts so that may factor in to my enjoyment and not finding it being such a grind

1 hour ago, MouadSaqui said:

well I know you guys are not a big fan of criticism, but I genuinely think the loot system and how you get items and weapons needs a complete overhaul, after enduring the insane grind DE decided to put us into with this token system, I found myself with with pretty much everything this update could provide in under a week, which is really a big problem.... DE spend time developing content just to see it being consumed in days is something causing warframe updates to fail miserably... there will always be an outrage about some insane grind, then DE will see this as a call for nerfing the crap out of the content, now take it easy... I'm not here defending the conservation system, I personally think it sucks... just sharing an opinion..

to me DE should change the way how players get loot in the game, In other games I played, the witcher 3 for example, the items you loot can be dismantled, recycled to give you sometimes rare resources you didn't even know you had in your inventory, Now lets project that on warframe.... after grinding too many Isolation vaults, you will find yourself with too many damaged mech parts and you only need each one of them to craft your necramech, what do you do with the rest ? Nothing... Just like the tons of resources you got from previous content that will never have the opportunity to benefit from, bcs DE will always create new useless loot...

Now some of you will probably say, well you can sell the damaged mech parts for plat, for real, whats the point of having plat anyway ? if its not cosmetics you are buying, don't get me wrong I like heart of deimos and as I said in previous posts many times, Aesthetically is this the best update DE ever released in 2 years, the lore is so good the characters are unique, artistically this game is gorgeous, But when it comes to the economy and daily caps, and the way DE tries to slow you down on purpose, seems to me their plans fails with every updates, people get everything from the update in a week, what is the point anyway ? 

We don't need another isolated vault like content unless DE fix the way we loot stuff, bcs now its terrible, maybe it worked in the old days of warframe when every warframe had a stamina bar, today you join a public squad and there is always that player who can't even stop spamming speed abilities.... it got to a point where your warframe smashes its head to a wall just by pressing the forward key, I think as warframe players we should be able to choose wether or not we want to receive speed buffs from other warframes, which is a topic for another time... maybe. 

It would be nicer to get crafting componets from spare part sales.

2 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

I found myself with with pretty much everything this update could provide in under a week

A nightmare to finish and yet mostly done in a less than a week?!? Doesn't that make it a walk in the park?

So your a certified no lifer? You were playing like what 15 hours a day or were extremely lucky with the RNG? This why i take my time and not bother to rush it all.

3 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

But when it comes to the economy and daily caps, and the way DE tries to slow you down on purpose, seems to me their plans fails with every updates, people get everything from the update in a week, what is the point anyway

Sounds to me like every other looter game out there. Also what can DE do you to stop rushers from getting done with updates in the shortest amount of time? Or you mean that because the regular means don't work they should just be flat out removed? Guess whats going to happen then?

Also also should the rusher dictate how farming should work when clearly they don't have a problem as it is now?

3 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

unless DE fix the way we loot stuff, bcs now its terrible, maybe it worked in the old days of warframe when every warframe had a stamina bar, today you join a public squad and there is always that player who can't even stop spamming speed abilities

In the past the stamina bar didn't change the game at all nor did the ability's timer. Its was more or less the same as it is now.

Also also also yet another thread about "DE should make complete overhaul", but doesn't make a real suggestion in what way it would be done, just the simple "it doesn't work for me so change it routine". The witcher 3 example wont cut it because there your left with a huge amount of stuff gathering dust in you inventory until probably you unlock the most advance stuff, i presume?! As for WF it would just reduce the grind of certain resources just a bit and would that me necessary when the necromech resources, apart of the broken modulus are easy to farm!?

1 hour ago, Heiven said:

So your a certified no lifer? You were playing like what 15 hours a day or were extremely lucky with the RNG? This why i take my time and not bother to rush it all.

All I did, is play Steel path bounty and isolation vaults for 2 hours a day, I have enough crap to fill my standing bars everyday on reset, that's how I do it... I mean, what you mean exactly by "certified no lifer", its a video game, it supposed to be played this way, why are you guys so obsessed with not playing your own game ? oh wait... maybe cause I'm right and there is a problem with the way content is being delivered ? you remind me of an old habit I have of never actually finishing watching a Tv show just bcs I don't want it to end ... 

1 hour ago, Heiven said:

In the past the stamina bar didn't change the game at all nor did the ability's timer. Its was more or less the same as it is now.

As for stamina bar, I've seen old warframe gameplay dude, its basically less fireworks, more action and tactical play... parkour was a mistake in my opinion and it should be nerfed, bcs playing with full power strength volt in a squad feels like running in a small box...

1 hour ago, Heiven said:

Also also also yet another thread about "DE should make complete overhaul", but doesn't make a real suggestion in what way it would be done, just the simple "it doesn't work for me so change it routine". The witcher 3 example wont cut it because there your left with a huge amount of stuff gathering dust in you inventory until probably you unlock the most advance stuff, i presume?! As for WF it would just reduce the grind of certain resources just a bit and would that me necessary when the necromech resources, apart of the broken modulus are easy to farm!?

Guild wars 2, is the best example of doing so, Nothing in your inventory is wasted, You recycle almost everything you have to make stuff you don't have.... if DE implement something like this, they could save a lot of storage space in their servers, yeah

5 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Now we're already asking for ways to clean up excess loot after spamming new content. 

So this is the excuse, How is this a consumer problem ? remind me the last time you've been asked to eat your pizza slowly by a pizza store ? 

5 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

All I can say is that this is why there was a timer or standing cap, so people don't blow through the content...it doesn't seem to have worked here. Also welcome to warframe, the game about grinding for stuff. I dont think its changing anytime soon...or at all.

Still better than Diablo 3.

Let's break your post to the details

- First, what kind of resources will you get from dismantling? Damaged necramech parts are resources to use so how are you going to dismantle it? What will you get from it?

Maybe explain what kind of loot you get from Witcher 3 first because not everyone can play or willing to buy the game to find out

- Then, once you have the materials, what are you going to do with it? With your example from guild wars 2 where you recycle things to make stuff you don't have, what kind of stuff you can make? Or is it only dismantle and nothing to make yet?

Let's be real, what makes things in other games not consumed in a week if not chasing the best of the best stats in the sea of RNG gear drop and stat roll?

Me:

17 hours ago, Heiven said:

This why i take my time and not bother to rush it all.

You after you quoted the full line:

16 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

why are you guys so obsessed with not playing your own game ?

Me again: not only do i play it in my own way but i even told you i did. Clearly your better skilled with writing than giving simple clear thought to the stuff you read.

Also i was just genuine curious how much time you spend playing a day in order to finish the update in less of a week, because you stated that its a insane grind! And it sounded like you were playing it non stop for hours upon hours like a rusher.

16 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

As for stamina bar, I've seen old warframe gameplay dude, its basically less fireworks, more action and tactical play... parkour was a mistake in my opinion and it should be nerfed, bcs playing with full power strength volt in a squad feels like running in a small box...

My bruhhh ive plaid with the stamina bar and the game felt like you generic FPS game, but in third person. For the most part you would use the coptering in order to traverse the levels fast and from time to time to kill a column of enemy's. It wasn't more action paced nor was it tactical, unless we count the moment your against a big group of enemy's and your behind a wall waiting for your shields to go up. Also i see you pointing the "getting speed buff as a problem" again, looks like you have a bigger beef with this than the loot. If you moving too fast is the problem you could just not sprint and not use parkour non stop to be like Gauss with his first ability when under the buff.

Btw this thread in named " warframe's Loot system needs a complete overhaul" and yet you entire argument boils down to give as the witcher 3 item dismantle ability!? Weak sauce ! I even pointed to you with my example that it wont be the same as in the witcher 3(if they add it) and it would be mostly pointless and yet you decide to deflect it with "ol but in GW2 it work at best"!? "And you inventory isn't wasted" - my point of this was that its a problem for me in W3 not that its going to be a problem for WF! You sure have a interesting logic of interpreting things.

So just copy other games mechanics because you know it works for those games? No need for a detail example of how it work better for WF or any other examples for the Complete overhaul? Is this your full view of a complete overhaul because it doesn't look like one nor like anything near it.

Archived