Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnum Force On Acrid

_--aXE--_

Question

Trying to figure out if magnum force is a good idea on the acrid. I have noticed a lot of builds are more focused on adding all the elemental mods than magnum force even since the corrupted mods are out.

My question is:

Is magnum force a definite positive for the acrid, with regard to the accuracy loss?

Those of you that have magnum force on the acrid, do you see a difference in damage?

Edited by xFriendx

9 answers to this question

It adds base damage. You can use a calculator to see what kind of damage increase you'll get. The numbers won't lie to you. The threshold for accuracy loss will vary from player to player and is something only you yourself can decide after testing. Level it up one rank by one and run enough missions to test it enough.

Going from max Hornet Strike to Hornet Strike + Magnum Force is an increase of ~30%.

So its basically the dps equivalent of a Expel mod, but also has an accuracy detriment and is a rank 10 rare mod.

The cost/benefit ratio isnt really worth it, even for Void where there is no expel mod because Stormbringer works fairly well.

Wait, what??

Base damage: 100%

Base damage + Hornet Strike: 320%

Base damage + Hornet Strike + Magnum Force: 380%

Adding Magnum Force on top of Hornet Strike actually leads to a 18.75% base damage increase, not 30%. It's really nothing impressive, especially with the huge decrease in accuracy.

Edited by SortaRandom

Base damage: 100%

Base damage + Hornet Strike: 320%

Base damage + Hornet Strike + Magnum Force: 380%

Adding Magnum Force on top of Hornet Strike actually leads to a 18.75% base damage increase, not 30%. It's really nothing impressive, especially with the huge decrease in accuracy.

Not sure to get it, but I'll trust you.

You mean that an elemental mod would add more damage in the end?

Not sure to get it, but I'll trust you.

You mean that an elemental mod would add more damage in the end?

Hornet adds 220% damage. 220 + 100 = 320.

Magnum adds 60% damage. When stacked with Hornet, 60 + 320 = 380.

380 / 320 = 1.1875 (that is, 380 is 118.75% of 320, or Hornet+Magnum is 118.75% of Only Hornet).

Calculating elementals is a bit trickier, since you also have to take into account every other elemental you have plus the amount of armor that the enemy has. Coupled with the lack of accuracy loss and the extra utility that an elemental mod can offer, though, I think that (depending on the element and faction, of course) an elemental would probably be better than Magnum. Unless you're constantly firing at point-blank range for pure DPS.

Edited by SortaRandom

What the...there's something wrong with Magnum Force and Heavy Caliber...

I mean, I'm ok with the loss of accuracy, it's a corrupted mod in the end; but the bonus should make you consider only if you can deal with the malus, not if the bonus is that good itself!

Edited by siralextraffo

Trying to figure out if magnum force is a good idea on the acrid. I have noticed a lot of builds are more focused on adding all the elemental mods than magnum force even since the corrupted mods are out.

My question is:

Is magnum force a definite positive for the acrid, with regard to the accuracy loss?

Those of you that have magnum force on the acrid, do you see a difference in damage?

It's up to you. Adding magnum force does slightly increase you damage with the loss of accuracy. The spread of magnum force can sometimes decrease the dps when if not careful aim, but it can do well if you are overwhelmed by mobs since it spreads out and slow mobs down if you have freeze damage on. As for me, I like to nuke a room with my fully loaded Antimatter Drop so I switched it with bane mods.