Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Dojos Useful For New Clans

Kempeth

There's a small group of us that recently started with warframe and founded our own clan.

The problem is that anything truly interesting - labs/research and the connector rooms required to get there - require a lot of advanced materials. This puts the Dojo functionality out of reach for anyone but seasoned players.

I don't mind there being certain things that are inaccessible to new players like me as long as it's not *everything*. Contributing to a clan dojo could be a great "bonding" activity for a young clan, but right now, doing so requires materials from Saturn, Mars and Jupiter.

My suggestion is to either add an way to contribute without having to get that far in the game (A) or add alternative projects to pursue (B).

(A) How could newbies contribute

One way could be by allowing any resource to be substituted on a 2:1 ratio. Don't have Salvage? Just add twice as much Polymer Bundles instead. Maybe a fixed ratio for all resources isn't realistic but you get the idea. You might even be able to contribute credits instead of resources (maybe 10:1).

Another way could be some kind of clan mission or clan challenge that would directly contribute materials to the clan projects. The background could be that instead of fighting against the intruders like normal missions you would be sent out to gather materials. You could play a mission like normal and would still gain XP but no materials (maybe not even mods or blueprints). Instead everything you of that sort is added to "loot score" which scales with the difficulty of the mission. At the end that score is converted into the kind of materials needed to continue your clan project. That way advanced players could still contribute more but there wouldn't be such a hard cut-off point.

(B) Alternative projects to pursue

If you want to keep the researchable weapons out of the hands of newbies, fine. Add different stuff we can do.

First of all: Make branching rooms more affordable. Maybe you could make very basic and ugly looking corridors that are much easier to construct. Maybe like Jefferies tubes where you need to sneak through. I think that would be inconvenient enough that every clan would upgrade them once possible.

Second: New Rooms/research options. How about Workshop where you could craft smaller things. Maybe it would be like the foundry but crafts things faster or a bit cheaper. Or maybe you could develop something like +X% of Rubedo loot boosts that run for 1-2 hours. Another idea would be a mod factory that only produces utility mods like more ammo, radar, +clip size and things like that

The problem is that anything truly interesting - labs/research and the connector rooms required to get there - require a lot of advanced materials. This puts the Dojo functionality out of reach for anyone but seasoned players.

I don't mind there being certain things that are inaccessible to new players like me as long as it's not *everything*. Contributing to a clan dojo could be a great "bonding" activity for a young clan, but right now, doing so requires materials from Saturn, Mars and Jupiter.

the "interesting" things your talking about are usually locked behind mastery walls anyway, so rushing to get them at low levels is rather pointless.

dojo building is not really something that bambi players should be able to do right off the bat anyway honestly.

i can understand that some of the costs of things can be quite daunting, but keep in mind that dojo building and clan tech weps are intended to be long term goals, and not "friday night grind and be done" sessions.

also:

is it really considered far into the game to be at saturn, mars or jupiter?

is it really a big deal that you would need to have been there at some point to help out the clan more?

Edited by alchemistjkt

A few things I must wonder:

Firstly, there's alerts for resources. You can get all sorts of resources that way.

Secondly, recruiting channel. It's incredibly easy for you to ask on recruiting channel for someone to take you to <planet X> where the resource you need is. Once you've been there, you can take any and all of your clan members to that mission(and nearby ones), unlocking it for all of you.

The fact you can literally ask anyone in the game to help you out, and you can then perpetuate that help, seems like one major sticking point.

Thirdly, utility. So far as I'm aware, all rooms cost like 50k credits to build. If you're a small clan of newbies, isn't it a waste of resources you don't have to be dumping hundreds of thousands of credits into building rooms? You most likely need weapons, sentinels, and mod upgrades more.

Lastly, while I can understand it may be frustrating in some sense, all of the planets you listed can be reached, without help, by completing only 22 missions.

Between the credits per mission, the cost of rooms, and the number of missions to reach the goals you listed, I cannot imagine you possibly have enough of any of the other resources(especially credits) to be building rooms. To get to a single research lab alone requires no less than 4 rooms built. You guys really managed to get 200k credits scraped together without completing 22 missions? Not a single one of you has managed to make any contact with any of the thousands of other players, or even dared to talk on the global channels yet?

It's an interesting concept, I suppose, but I'm not entirely sure I can see the problem. Heck, I'll even offer to help: add me in game, and if you see me on, I'll gladly TAKE you to one(or, why not, even all 3!) of the planets you need for resource gathering.

EDIT: One last thought, you're trying to build a dojo, with multiple rooms, with what I must assume is a ghost clan(less than 10 players), and you're complaining that it's still too expensive(the prices for ghost clans are purposely made EXTREMELY cheap). You're trying to do this while playing the game for less than a dozen hours, when it's designed to be played for hundreds or thousands. Building your very own secret spaceship base probably shouldn't be so easy that it's finished in less than 10 hours of play. I mean, it is a spaceship.

Also, another thought: Again, the recruiting channel. If you honestly haven't met any players through regular play, you can try recruiting someone to join your clan who has more than 3 planets done. They're out there. Just need to ask.

Edited by Llyssa

Actually I also think that the obstacle course is a viable place for new players to go to also because it improves the players' skill to adapt to the controls of the game and also allow them to improve their control to their frames. I also think they should add some rooms like a training VR room (to practice combat mechanics) and digital console rooms (to practice the hacking puzzles). What do you guys think?

You raise some interesting points. So far I've only considered doing these things on our own and so far we've not been able to progress past the mobile defense mission on Earth. I've been playing 35 hours so far so: yes, Jupiter is definitely far into the game for me.

So far we've been ignoring alerts because of their incredibly high level requirements. And random squads just aren't as fun. But the info that you can be moved along to such a mission is valuable, thanks.

What I'm "complaining" about is not that the rooms cost too much resources, but that they cost resources I don't have access to. Between upgrading my mods and building the odd weapon I've had enough credits to pay for one room already, transmute a bunch of mods and still sit at a comfortable 50k.

As for the mastery wall you speak of: I already said that I can respect that. I never expected to be able to do *everything* about the clan dojos. I fully expect there to be high or even end level stuff in there that I'm simply not yet supposed to have. But what I'd like is there being at least something, *anything* that we can do aside from non-interactive halls and decorations.

Building your very own secret spaceship base probably shouldn't be so easy that it's finished in less than 10 hours of play. I mean, it is a spaceship.

We already have a secret spaceship base. It even has a big honking meeting hall in it. It's the tiny corridors that we can't build... ;-)