Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People are starting to purposefully #*!% up the puzzle at the isolation vaults to troll

TheFinalEpic

Starting to see it, They keep firing at one stop and causing all 3 tries to fail. Then literally insta leaves. Seen it from 4 different people already. They sit there firing their AMP at a  random one before its done

DE never really  accounted for that random $&*^ that #*!%s it up for the other 3 players on purpose?

I don't mind the puzzle itself, but leaving a way to troll at the end of a long "mission" is.. yeah.

36 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

Starting to see it, They keep firing at one stop and causing all 3 tries to fail. Then literally insta leaves. Seen it from 4 different people already. They sit there firing their AMP at a  random one before its done

DE never really  accounted for that random $&*^ that #*!%s it up for the other 3 players on purpose?

I don't mind the puzzle itself, but leaving a way to troll at the end of a long "mission" is.. yeah.

And you never accounted that they troll for attention, and you're here giving them every bit of it.......

Dang that's f'd up. I only tried going non-solo a couple times but everyone has been cool so far, no one had any desire to screw it up, so we were actually all waiting for someone else to take the lead. The thought of screwing it up on purpose definitely didn't cross any of our minds... that was clear to me. We all just wanted our rewards and didn't want to waste our time, since it takes so long to get down there going through the mini missions on the surface and then the toxicity thing, who would want to waste another roll and a chance at all those rare resources? I honestly don't get people sometimes. 

Are you sure they aren't just stupid though? 

The normal reactive crystals require you to shoot them to activate them, maybe they don't understand the puzzle, and are just trying to activate crystals to make something happen, and then leaving in embarrassment when they realized their dumb actions failed the bonus vault room? Usually trolls like to stick around to see a few angry comments. 

I think it's possible these are the well meaning, but stupid actions of Tenno embarrassing themselves. Kind of like how many Tenno will simply exit a Spy mission stage left the moment they cause a mission to fail, not because they did it on purpose, but the opposite. They dumbly rushed ahead thinking they had it while not fully understanding the puzzle, or just blazing too fast and not taking care, and they screwed up. They don't want to hear people excoriating them for ruining everyone's mission, so they alt + F4. 

In a rando team setting in a time heavy chore. A puzzle failure should count against a individual. So the team as a whole can salvage it.

The damage dealt on the final pattern should count to that individual. If a troll keeps causing a failure, that failure marks the trolls attempt. So even if someone adds the first three symbols and the troll shoots the last wrong one. It's strikes the troll. After three strikes, that individual can no longer activate runes in any other dungeon in that session. 

Added bonus if a 3 striked individual is still kept out of the vault by a energy wall. While the others can loot.

And on the other side, it just gives more opportunities to a run a already simple puzzle that anyone shouldn't really fail anyway.

Not seen this myself but there was one guy who placed a waypoint marker over one of the symbols on the 'puzzle door'. You could still see the shape as the marker wasn't big enough to cover the whole thing. Probably wasn't malicious either was probably just showing where we had to look. Pretty odd though. 2 people with separate markers could cover one I suppose but that would require collusion so very unlikely.

One way to mitigate what the OP experienced could be for the player who got the first code wrong to be prevented from trying again leaving the rest of the team the opportunity to get it in the last 2 tries. Could be annoying though for someone who just made a genuine error and maybe the other players didn't get to see the code anyway because the RNG selected them to be the ones who could only see all the same symbols. This would then make it impossible to get into the vault.

It's a lot of work to go through just to troll a team they would be wasting their time. Come to think of it though, someone just farming mech parts may want to quit after not getting the drop they needed after downing the last mech and then rather than just leave (which I have already seen unless they were crashes..) they could mess up the mission by sabotaging the code for the rest of the team just to be nasty.

I don't see it becoming a serious issue though and I can't ever remember getting anything of value in those vaults anyway.

Man I hate trolls with a passion bunch of pos losers. Never understand why it’s fun to try an ruin the gaming  experience of others. Warframe is a game about working together not against each other. Wonder what they achieve besides some personal ego boost. They certainly don’t help with the over all game. No wonder why DE has strict tos because of this stupid trolling culture that’s just a plague on gaming.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Might wanna take this to feedback and start thinking of some solutions to help fix it. 

I see people in my alliance chat making groups. Hope you're not just pugging it.

Maybe make it so that someone in a group who messed up the sequence either a) can't shoot again, or b)  gets a cool down timer on extraction based on the number of times they shot a pillar out of sequence.

Screwed up once? No big deal, it just ignores your amp for x minutes. Twice in a row, you have 4x cooldown. All 3 you're on 16x minutes worth of cooldown. 

If you're solo you can screw it up without a cooldown. 

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Dang that's f'd up. I only tried going non-solo a couple times but everyone has been cool so far, no one had any desire to screw it up, so we were actually all waiting for someone else to take the lead. The thought of screwing it up on purpose definitely didn't cross any of our minds... that was clear to me. We all just wanted our rewards and didn't want to waste our time, since it takes so long to get down there going through the mini missions on the surface and then the toxicity thing, who would want to waste another roll and a chance at all those rare resources? I honestly don't get people sometimes. 

Are you sure they aren't just stupid though? 

The normal reactive crystals require you to shoot them to activate them, maybe they don't understand the puzzle, and are just trying to activate crystals to make something happen, and then leaving in embarrassment when they realized their dumb actions failed the bonus vault room? Usually trolls like to stick around to see a few angry comments. 

I think it's possible these are the well meaning, but stupid actions of Tenno embarrassing themselves. Kind of like how many Tenno will simply exit a Spy mission stage left the moment they cause a mission to fail, not because they did it on purpose, but the opposite. They dumbly rushed ahead thinking they had it while not fully understanding the puzzle, or just blazing too fast and not taking care, and they screwed up. They don't want to hear people excoriating them for ruining everyone's mission, so they alt + F4. 

Nah they walk up to one, shoot at it, it fails. It loops, still aims at that one specific icon and not the other 3, then shoot, then repeat till its done then leave. It's on purpose.

2 hours ago, (XB1)FISTO ROBOT0 said:

Honestly DE is making me grind the vault so many times and I still don’t have the necramech part that I need that at this rate, I could care less if someone messes up the puzzle, I have so many resources but still missing mech parts 

Thing is you already have to wait for the 2 to activate the 4 vault generators. Thats the "longest" part of getting into the vault after killing the mechs. why troll it?

3 hours ago, TheFinalEpic said:

Nobody has every screwed it up for me, You must be over exaggerating 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Might wanna take this to feedback and start thinking of some solutions to help fix it. 

I see people in my alliance chat making groups. Hope you're not just pugging it.

The solution is the same as Tenno-only doors in each of the hubs - client side access only.  Each Tenno has to "attune" themselves to pass through the gate.  Doesn't matter who presses what, everyone's responsible for their own puzzle.

There isn't a solution that isn't crappy, but as long as everyone gets the SAME puzzle, those that can complete it can help guide others through it.

I would like to take the privilege of assuming you went into Public matchmaking,yes?

I usually keep very far from that, as I've watched  the "defend bait station" part simply fail. I was surprised.

Sadly, this is the results when a game is free to play. The scumbags can join your game and just, ruin the fun.

I havent seen this happen yet thankfully, but this problem did cross my mind every time I waited for the host to do the puzzle. I could easilly imagine this happening if someone gets annoyed during the mission about something. 

And theres always the possibility that something else goes wrong, like lag or just some player not knowing what they are doing.

Its the same as eidolons, you are forced to run with a group you trust if you want to be sure theres no trolls or just inexperienced players stopping progress for everyone (not putting shard on rock at eidolons for example). Or go solo but personally I find solo very boring so I would never do that if I had a choice. 

6 hours ago, TheFinalEpic said:

Let me guess, you are joining a public match?

There are 3 reason I won't join public when the mission requires common goal.

1) troll
2) lag and poor connection
3) speaking different languages

Try recruit channel, it makes you stay away from trolls, make sure the whole team has the same goal, and at least could communicate.

By far the worst I ran into were host migrators.

As the name suggests these are C***s who leave at the end of the mission. Usually it ends with me being alone for the rest of the mission.

Thankfully I didn't meet any recently but there was a day when almost every vault run ended in a host migration at the end of the mission.

Archived