Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Mains! What ability are you going to give her?

gabuchan

Alright fellow Valkyr mains (yes all 12 of us lmao). It seems the rework our favorite frame needs isn't coming any time soon, so this new Helminth system is at least the next best thing. What ability are you giving her and what are you replacing? Personally, I've been thinking of putting Silence on her and getting rid of Paralysis (I still use her 1st ability for giggles). I'd love to hear your choices and the rationale behind them!

1 hour ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I put Roar and removed paralysis, now 3rd ability  is useful

I have also done this and she is a terror now.

I'm also considering other abilities like condemn to replace zipline and trying a paralysis focus. Harrow is melting now, so I'll see how that goes.

2 hours ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I put Roar and removed paralysis, now 3rd ability  is useful

Definitely gonna try out Roar eventually, but It's such an easy choice and I want to experiment with something other than a straight damage buff first. Like maybe a good CC skill that'll fit well with a melee playstyle.

there's many options to replace her 1st ability, since she relies mostly on power strenght and duration for warcry+hysteria:

• Smite Infusion (Oberon) for radiation damage buff
  • Shock Trooper (Volt) for electric damage buff
  • Infested Mobility (Helminth) to close gap while going fully on meele
  • Savage Silencer (Banshee) for finisher style
  • firewalker (nezha) for self status immunity, movement speed bonus, fire proc and optional nuke from augment
  • pillage from hildryn (nuking style for paralysis and strip armor)

but if you want to change from her main strenght:

• marked for death (high range, hybrid fast/charged attack meele builds)
  • endless lullaby from baruuk (high range, uses her warcry to give extra attack speed for those finishers)

I'm also thinking about putting together a paralysis build.  Yes, really.

Using the helminth ability that instantly replenishes shields might make this a bit mental if used with the augment.   Paralysis opens affected enemies up to finishers and makes them susceptible to stealth damage multipliers.   For those that don't know, the stealth damage multiplier for normal melee attacks is 700%.

The augment then makes the stun last twice as long, and pulls enemies towards you.

You can also cast paralysis while in hysteria, but I think combining it with warcry and the aug for that should be a lotta fun.

I gave her Eclipse and killed off Ripline. While it's nowhere near as consistent as Roar, I'm full melee and rarely mod my guns for damage (I go for high status), so either buff works for me while on the fray.

I subsume Chroma tomorrow, so I'll give her Elemental Ward (Cold) on her second slot. Ripline will be killed once again.

I don't know what I'll do for the 3rd slot, but it's not like I need an excuse to kill Ripline again. 

11 hours ago, gabuchan said:

Definitely gonna try out Roar eventually, but It's such an easy choice and I want to experiment with something other than a straight damage buff first. Like maybe a good CC skill that'll fit well with a melee playstyle.

Breech surge. My suggestion for you.

I am not sure what else would do well tbh. 

1 hour ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

I'm putting Mag's Pull. Get all those enemies into claw range.

That's what i'll be doing with Garuda since i can finally get rid of her 1 but for Valkyr im not sure yet, had originally thought to go with Roar but with more thought there are a lot of good options. Chroma's ward does seem like a good choice tho.

I tried Elemental ward cold, hoping that I could stack it with the armor boost of Warcry, but based on my not very through testing of letting myself get shot to death in the simulacrum while counting how many seconds it took, they either don't stack armor buffs or the effect is so small that it was within margin of error for my test.

Marked for death would be good for a enraged build mark enemy use heavy attack everything dies, but it is going to take forever to unlock that since it is pretty high rank and helminth has unreasonable prices and that get even worse if you try to feed it the same item twice...

Quiver would be good for being sneaky cat thief, but I have had very bad luck getting Ivara...

Probably going to try Silence see how that goes and then decide from there.

11 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Paralysis opens affected enemies up to finishers and makes them susceptible to stealth damage multipliers.   For those that don't know, the stealth damage multiplier for normal melee attacks is 700%.

Why not Radial Blind then?

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Why not Radial Blind then?

better question: why not banshee's silence?
her augment sets them for finisher and increases its damage, which is perfect when used with Narrow Minded since it will stun them whenever she grasps enemies at meele's reach and the stun will be reapplied just by walking away and coming back

2 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

better question: why not banshee's silence?

Less range, less CC, 50% more energy required. I think the only thing it has going for it is the lack of LoS requirement, which is irrelevant to the build you mentioned of minimal range.

So to answer your question as to "why not Banshee's Silence?" Because Radial Blind is arguably the better ability.

Archived